· Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

No bucks-got bear
Pictures of wildlife
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzanne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

I put a game camera out in my fave spot baited with apples and pears that were too toooooo wormy and rotten for me to eat. Wish I had updated the date and time stamps when I put the batteries in....just didn't think of it. The bear actually layed down and ate the pears for about an hour before leaving.

FYI I couldn't find a way to reduce the size of the photos so I went to making avatars out of the photos, (they were cropped to the max size) and sent them to my photobucket account and then pasted them here. It really works fast too as they are only about 40kb each, great resolution too.

Suz

slimjim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Some good pics, Suz!

Are you hunting for bear?

Looks like the deer were there during the day. Where were you?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Suzanne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

The forest is closed due to red flag fire measures, I wasn't even supposed to walk into the forest. Supposed to rain this weekend tho. Not hunting bear, but I suspected there was a bear around, now I got my evidence. I'm after a buck deer, haven't seen one. I took the camera down yesterday. All the bait is gone and some thing moved my camera anyway. It started taking shots of a leaf blowing in the wind (about 50 out of 126 shots were of animals). Last year I did this without bait and only got pictures of myself lookin at the camera....not very pretty ones either....my nose was scrunched up trying to see through the bi-focals.

Wonder if there's no deer because of the bear? I would think they'd get along, but I dunno. The bear was around in the very early morning (3AM or so) and the deer in the daylight. Forgot to set the time and date stamp. I was excited and forgot....well now I know what bear scat looks like anyway and I've seen it before just didn't know what it was. Kinda scares me a bit but they probably aren't aggressive. (cross my fingers)

Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

When ypu meet the bear, you can always try to name him Jon and when he doesn't listen, does your mobile phone work in that area? If yess, look for a good tree and call Jon. Smile

And you're sure it's real bear on your pictures? Not Jon with some fur looking for revence?

and your story about the camera reminds me a story my sister once told. It was pre-digital area, so after the hollidays you had to bring your films to the shop, wait a few days and then you could show your friends all the pictures of your holidays. Same thing happened to a friend of my sister. He bought a new camera just before going on holidays and when he went for his develloped pictures, they were all the same, showing a part of his glasses and his right ear... it seemed he held the camera backwards all the time...
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Good pics Suz,

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Nice pics Suz.

Have a look at this thread for resizing of pics Suz. When it opens, go down about halfway to my post:

www.huntingnut.com/ind...&start=630

Basically I downloaded a small free piece of software from the net called Prish Image Resizer...works a treat.

Photobucket works a treat...I use that as well, and it's great for posting videos here. As an aside, I have never had to worry about reducing pics before putting them on Photobucket, so I wouldn't worry about reducing them to an avatar mate.

Now, getting back on topic. Is that a Black Bear? It's my understanding that they are fairly harmless...within reason. I remember my daughter telling me how she used to chase them out of the Handicapped Kids Summer Camp she worked at one summer just outside of Vancouver. All she did was run at them yelling and waving her arms in the air and the bear would take off at the speed of a raped ape, which is just slightly faster than a startled gazelle.

I can understand the bear chowing down on the pears mate. From memory, a rotting pear will actually ferment and be slightly alcoholic... woohoo...a bear staggering through the scrub as "crissed as a picket". Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aloys...not much use climbing a tree to get away from a bear mate...they can climb almost like a monkey.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

but have you ever seen Suz climbing? I wouldn't be surprised when she could fly like a squirrel chased by a german teckle...
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Aloysius wrote:
And you're sure it's real bear on your pictures? Not Jon with some fur looking for revence?

... it seemed he held the camera backwards all the time...

Jon's bigger than that bear me thinks. Very Happy

Now that's funny! "Smile!" click...wait a week and "sht!" Mad when the pics come back. Laughing

Cool pics of that furball Suz! That would make a nice lodgeskin or bedroll!
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Aloysius wrote:
but have you ever seen Suz climbing? I wouldn't be surprised when she could fly like a squirrel chased by a german teckle...

10$ says she aint skeered of no veenerdog!
Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Aloysius wrote:

10$ says she aint skeered of no veenerdog!

how would you try it?
Before I spend 10 $ I want to know the quality control procedure...
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

I'm laying down the bucks.

You fetch the dog. And yer whip-proof armor.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

And good luck on a successful hunt Suz! That furball should be going to bed soon no? Looks pretty plumed and ready for a long nap.

Doing a "Bring Suz some Bucks" dance now....
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
...well now I know what bear scat looks like anyway and I've seen it before just didn't know what it was. Kinda scares me a bit but they probably aren't aggressive. (cross my fingers)

Suz, here is what to do when you meet one face to face.

m.youtube.com/index?&a...op_uri=%2F

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

Slim

Your link is for mobile phones, or pads, not for PC.s does not work.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: No bucks-got bear Reply with quote

try this one!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8pRJ7jV94

Thanks, OV1. 1 more frustration with my new Android.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Photography / TrailCameras
Page 1 of 2