No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy...
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

youtube.com/watch?v=rGmL_zB-H1s

LOL!

So at first I thought it was just his rifle being off... but with that one shot being as high as it was left... man, who knows!

-DallanC
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

Dallan,

Probably a bad shooter, he should have realized his scope being off the first time if it was his scope and did "Kentucky Windage and Elevation" to currect for his sighing problem Smile

Dimitri

Irskii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

I hope this guy does not come out to Kalifornia, we have enough problems with people who should not handle guns.

Tim

george20042007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

He must have had deer fever. And the deer was just taunting him to make matter worse. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Keep it coming...
PaulS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

His three shots were off to the left about the same amount. I figure he never fired the rifle to site it in when he arrived at his hunting grounds.
Maybe he never sighted it in at all. I have seen guys sight their rifles in a week before the season opens and only fire three shots. The first one hit high and right they would adjust the scope, fire another round and it was left. Making the proper adjustment they fire a third shot and made the final adjustment. They were sure that it was at least good enough.

Off they would go just as happy as can be never shooting after that last adjustment.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
george20042007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

PaulS, your probably right. I've spent time at the range with deer hunting buddies sighting in our scoped rifles. Then we would reverify once we got into the field, only to find out point of impact changed on some rifles.

One guy didn't use the same ammo & that explained why he needed to resight his rifle. One guy transported his gunn in a gun sock. We believe his just got knocked around. All others remained on target.

No one got a deer that year even though shots were taken (misses). Seems like the deer remained farther away than anticipated. All guns had initially been sighted in at a 100 yard range. All guns were Marlin lever actions either in 30-30 or 45-70.
Keep it coming...
Ryno
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

What a bonehead! Pay attention to where u hit and you still could take the deer cleanly if your rifle is off.
PaulS I really like your info about reloading info on the net! To many "reloaders" throw together some hot load and then post it thinking its safe. I don't use there info unless it fits the recommended manufacturers data!!!!
squirrelbait

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

Ok, I just looked at this video for about the third time.
It appears the deer is only 60 to 80yds away, may be more but not much.
If you look at his "group" there must be at least an 8" spread.
The fact that they were all to left and the "group" suggest a combination of "all of the above". The shooter can't shoot AND he was probably handed the rifle as they left their pick-up: "here Joe, this will do the job, just tested it at the range. These bullets are the same brand, should be ready to go".
How do you keep these guys out of the woods???
Matt1971
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

If he wanted the deer that bad enough he could have taken it if he'd been smart enough to cominsate. Maybe he was playing a new game, like see who can get the closet without hitting the deer. If that's the case, he wins.
squirrelbait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

Hey, Matt, I think you are right. Good call. Very Happy
yotebuster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

This person does not shoot enough and does not know his or her rifle. I'm just glad they completly missed the buck.
I'm still amazed at folks who never shoot their guns except when hunting season rolls around. They grab them out of the case pick up a box of shells at the store and head to the woods. Don't have a clue how the gun is functioning, whether it is going to shoot those bullets to point of aim, etc. One of my friends did the above mentioned and missed a big doe last week. He had never shot that brand of ammunition before. He later shot one bullet at a target, said it hit close enough and sacked the gun back up. Jeeez! Go figure.
YB Confused Confused Confused [b]

bubble-out-of-plumb
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

He is the type that cripple up deer each year and never check for blood or hair. "The deer was OK it ran away." He wouldn't last long hunting on my farm. Everyone that hunts there, even the game warden has to shoot in their rifle at my range...100 yards over a bench with a sighting rest. The more you shoot the better you get.

sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ummm hold a little more to the right there skippy... Reply with quote

That shooter should have never taken the training wheels off! Looked like improper/no sight-in, because flinchitis would not be that consistent, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 1 of 1