No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

What did you get yourself for Christmas?
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Boleo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

I live alone with Molly, my beloved English Springer Spaniel (who does not do any Christmas shopping), so I decided to get myself a gift. Yesterday, I was in a gun shop scanning the used gun racks and explaining things about various guns to an attentive small audience. Then the gun shop clerk handed me a Sears Model 73 bolt action rifle in .30-06 with a one-piece scope base and rings. It is a Winchester Model 70A with a blind bottom magazine and in pristine condition. No one knew what it was. The hang tag said $229, but the gun shop was offering a ten percent discount. So for $206 it came home with me. Now that is a Christmas present! I will have to keep my part time job. Take care...
Joe
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Thats a good deal, I use to have a sears M73 "Ted Williams" bolt 30/06 that I passed down to one of my sons. It kinda reminded me of the Rem M700 ADL series.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

No kids, no relatives. Just peace and quiet.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALLLLLL. Please pass the whiskey bottle.

BAH!! HUMBUG!! Razz

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Got me one of them there whiskey bottles fer Christmas ......... wouldn't ya know it's bout gone already..... prolly gonna needs another befer Christmas gets here !!! Shocked

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
1895ss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

chambered221 wrote:
Got me one of them there whiskey bottles fer Christmas ......... wouldn't ya know it's bout gone already..... prolly gonna needs another befer Christmas gets here !!! Shocked

Me too .. !! Merry Christmas

Last edited by 1895ss on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
glockman55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

A new recliner, a bottle of single barrel Jack, and a new 1911.. Life is good. Very Happy

moose2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Got me a new camera lens and packpack. You all have a great Christmas.

Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

I have a rifle build on the way, just got a call about it last week, hope it arrives before Christmas. I gave em a Mauser action to barrel in 8mm, can't wait! Been getting parts for an AR, so that's sorta like getting presents.....My Christmas is kinda messed up, I'm getting the dreaded cold and probably won't make it to my sister's place where the whole family is going, but at least I'll have my gun parts to play with. The Mauser is getting a sandblast, will need bluing, and bedding if I get it any time soon that is.

Jon is getting a beautiful set of hand made Mexican silver bits and bridles for the horses. I have a friend in Az. that picked them up for me, they're all tooled and really beautiful. Jon is makin me some shortlegged chaps and a vest. Told him I wanted a black vest to wear over a white shirt with a black skirt. He took measurements and went on his way. Don't have any idea how that's happening but I can't wait! He's tryin everything he can to get me to go horsepacking with him. I'm doing everything I can to avoid it. More than a day of it for me and I'm broke.

Y'all have a
wonderful
Christmas

Suz

Aloysius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Why did I get a vision of Jon wearing a silver bit and you giving spurs... Smile

which 8 mm caliber? The 8x68 or just a sissy-caliber with 'magnum' in its name? Smile

And I reached the age that I'm happy when I'm allowed to keep what I already have. But some guy who was released too early made some mess with a few granades and a Kalash in Liège/Luik/Lüttich (the original FN-city)and we've just got a new minister of justice. I think she also likes to take the easy way and punish all legal gunowners... so I'm already wondering what's it going to cost (money and/or rifles).
MacD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Nasty business in Liege Aloy. How did he get his hands on grenades?

I expect the knee jerk reaction you suggest rather than asking why the rights of one nut allow him to be released where everyone else must assume the risk he shouldn't be.

Same happens here BTW.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

And here, unfortunately

Aloysius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

There was a time when the Iron Curton was closed, keeping lots of stuff and people on the other side... now that we have open borders, not only the good stuff is coming over, mainly the opposit.

That guy in Liège did get 3 years ago a 4 years penalty for drugs and illegal weapons... he was already 1 year out and was asked now to come over for an interrogation about new criminal facts (such as rape). It seems he feared to be put back in prison...
Have you seen his name? It's not a french or flemish sounding name...

Now when you go to the Eastern countries (or know some guys from there), you can get real cheap all kinds of stuff that's hard to get in a legal way. Their war is over now. If someone needs money and the only interessting goods he has, are interesting because they are illegal or hard to get for his customers... do you see the picture?
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Aloysius I heard about that but never read anything on it. Bad dude for sure. He should find himself at the end of a rope.

I'm doin the regular ole 8mm Mauser, always liked the caliber and I don't have anything that shoots it very well right now. Hopefully this new barrel will do the trick. I also have a thumhole stock to mount it to. This is going to be hot!

No we don't use spurs indoors or out, chaps? maybe....

Suz

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

And I was thinking mexican big rowel spurs with jingle bobs so Jon would know when he was good or................

inthedark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

ROTFLMAO!!!! Bushy ! You ole dog!

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 5