Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Real Danger!
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irskii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Real Danger! Reply with quote

Vince Wrote:

If it had been me I wouldn't have had to change.....everything would have been clamped shut TIGHT....REAL TIGHT...so tight nothing would have worked for a week or more. Very Happy Laughing

Vince, Yeah I was a little puckered for a while, Made it tough walking (fast) the three miles back to the truck.

Flint54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Real Danger! Reply with quote

Angel Worst experience was going after a Kodiak Brown after an IDIOT decided to try his 7MM Mauser on one. By the grace of God he did hit it in the heart and when we found it the bear was too weak to charge out of the alders so a .375 H&H at the base of the skull ended that 2 hour episode of "FEAR FACTOR!!" If I ever get into a situation like that again behind some looney, I would be tempted to force him to walk in front of me!! Whip
bradking1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Real Danger! Reply with quote

well i had the $#!+ scared out of me in africa...the PH and i were hunting bushbuck and had finally found a shooter after 9 days of hunting. Anyway i had a shot at about 300 yards and got steady and corked off a round and ended up making an iffy shot on the animal. he was slowly grazing across a hilside then stopped and i either slightly pulled my shot or he took a step during the flight of the bullet...probably the former. i heard the bullet hit him and my PH asked if the shot felt good...i said yes but he said that he looked strong going down the hill. UH OH i thought...now we have to track this thing in the thick bush...for those of you that don't know bushbuck are very dangerous when wounded and have been know to kill leopard when attacked. Anyway we get the trackers and down we go to find this thing. we found blood and started tracking it through an overgrown creek bed and all this time you couldn't pull a straightpin out of my butt with a bulldozer...all the while in this thick stuff the PH kept asking me if i had one in the tube and scope turned down...basically ready to shoot if the thing charged us out of the bush...i was definitely ready and let the PH know. well finally we got out of the creek bed and up on some land that was a little more open...you could probably see 25 yards...pie-eyed and sweating bullets we kept following the blood trail and found the bushbuck laying on it's side looking dead as a hammer...eyes wide open, green and flies in them. we walked up to him from the rear to make sure he was really dead...poked him in the eye...nothing...just as the PH slung his rifle on his shoulder that thing JUMPED UP AND CHARGED Shocked ... as my butthole slammed shut with an audible clap and the trackers took flight up the hill i shot the bushbuck at about 9 feet and down he went.

that was probably the most exciting thing that has happened to me except being shooed out of a canyon by a mountain lion about 50 feet away...but that's another story.
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Real Danger! Reply with quote

Black bear came through side of Pop up blind after me, I was deer hunting in northern Michigan, I had my blind up and tucked into a brush pile with its back panels in the brush, I heard nothing until the bear was comeing over the brush and through the canvas toward me, I had my Glock 10mm and while I was screaming my head off to get him to leave me the hell alone, I pulled the glock and hit him in the face with it, he left but not for long, as I was climbing out of the torn up blind he came back and this time would not back off, huffing and juming with front feet, all the while backing me down hill, I had my fill and emptyed my 10mm into him, he died for his ignorance or possibly mine Sad , end of story, Except the DNR paper work and investigation Mad which ended on a good note for me.
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 2