Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

@#$%&s got my bike!
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

So I was running into MEC here in Toronto, they have bike racks, a bunch of them with a couple of cameras pointing to them ...

Anyways, I lock up the bike and run in, to buy new brake pads for my bike no less, and during 5pm rush hour, with a ton of people walking by cause the road was busy, some @$%#^* steals my bike. Mad

Apparently they got pictures of the guy now I will pick up tomorrow and deliver to the police! Very Happy

I know I know the bike is lost, but maybe I get some revenge and find out he gets arrested if he is known to the police. Confused

Dimitri

radar

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

I hope that he gets side swiped by a passing truck and hurt, not killed just a little munched up, cause Karma's a real bitch like that! Very Happy

Not really Dimi, but I do hope either your insurance is good or you get it back with too much damage.

George Orwell
gelandangan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

Bummer about your bike mate!

If the law up your end is similar to what we got down here, the prep would get a hand slap, and released.
And of course the bike already sold and on its way to the fence's new cousin, and the proceed already up in smoke.
Best you can hope for is for the prep to get OD'ed and thus you are contributing in riding the world of another low life.

Double bummer.. I am in dark mood..

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

No insurance, never thought I should insure a bike, and the bike is a relative cheapy ($500), verses some of the bikes out there. Insurance would cost me nearly the same cost as the bike I figured, so never looked into it, the wife wants me to look into it for next time though.

Either way, I put on in 2 and a half months about 550kms, and I saved $363 in monthly transit passes, plus the pleasure of biking over taking the bus, so over all I think it was not too bad costs wise.

Still, your probably right Geland, he was looking for his next fix. So maybe he has a record, and even if its more or less a slap on the wrist, perhaps being caught on camera means he'll get a worse slap then just being caught with stolen merchandise.

Dimitri

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

That sucks, like Radar said, Karma is a bitch.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

Unfortunately 'Mitri, they only get a slap on the wrist if they do something really really bad...anything less than that and they are told to go home, don't be naughty again and told where they can pick up a free teddy bear because they obviously didn't have one as a child.

Keep you eyes open mate...surprising what you will see (and find) by simply paying attention.

I agree with Radar...with some luck, his foot will slip on the pedal and he will drive his nads into the steering neck with all his full weight behind them (OW OW OW OWIES), thus making him swerve into the path of an oncoming truck or bus. Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

Dont forget to look on the local ebay and other auction sites and the trading post type forsale papers.
More than one dickhead has been caught by the owners as they try to sell it.
When found a hard smack with a 50mm brass rod across the movable joints works well.....

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
RePete

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

That's a bummer, but Toronto's known for it.

You said it that the bike won't be found, plus the police really won't be of any help, they investigate jack sh*t.

I've had my drivers mirror clipped 3 times while parked legally, and on July 1 last year it got broken into. The sliding door glass was $1000. The only satisfaction I got was the perp sliced himself - blood everywhere. The police really couldn't have cared.

Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

Nice try = You Suck spelled different.

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as RESPECT FOR OTHERS.
inthedark

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

The only christian solution for the thief is the old testament punishment... lop off the right hand! Funny, thats the same punishment muslims use.
Go figure?

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

I think it's more fun to do some experiments with blackpowder, a primer and a mouse trap...
or secure the bike with some rope that allows a 10 yard start folowed by a sudden stop... best also attach a nut-cracker right in the middle of your handle-bar...

and better not forget when you have secured your bike...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

Well I got the pictures from the store. They are very blurry, but what can you do I guess. Went to the Police HQ after picking up the pictures (only police station I know of near that store) turns out they don't handle that and I must call it in, Cop seemed alright and seemed interested when I had the pictures.

Anyways, turns out I have the serial number of the bike, store wrote it on the front of the manual, called the police so I'm supposed to get a call back. Thankfully, I remember just about every little accessory I put on that bike so there will be no detail missing.

Dimitri

Elvis

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

check your home and contents insurance bud cause it may just be covered by that. I made sure all my sporting goods are covered anywhere and that includes our car and tents.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: @#$%&s got my bike! Reply with quote

Elvis,

I know but at the moment the deductible is higher then the cost of the bike. Very Happy

But will look into getting it specifically insured for next time, a friend told me it shouldn't be more then ~$100 for the year (he has a bike worth three times what mine was insured for that amount) will have to talk to a agent though.

Dimitri

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 1