Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824587
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,,
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

The wife and I was watching the news and they spoke of another attempt of a mass shooting in Bartlesville Oklahoma on Friday!! Fortunately they stopped him.

www.tulsaworld.com/new...RTLE641724

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

good on them for being proactive and nipping it in the bud.

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

Its interesting to see folks turning against the media for making these crazies media darlings. Maybe if they instead portrayed them as the sick, disgusting scum they are others wouldn't be tempted to copy them.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

This pretty much nails it.

MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
10spotterminator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

I always thought Morgan was someone special , now I'm SURE of it . He has always been one to speak from the heart while using his head.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

This was shared to me on Facebook today...it makes a lot of sense. Best part is it is coming from a high ranking Police Officer.

Brimfield Police Department · 17,646 like this.
Yesterday at 11:48 ·

Chief’s babble…..on the school shooting.

I have been thinking about kindergarten students all day. Five and six year-old kids….with no cares and with eyes on Santa coming soon. I see kindergarteners every day at our elementary school; you can always spot them, because of their book bags. They are small, innocent and love the world…and they give the BEST high fives, ever. They high five with love and eagerness….unaware of this nasty world we live in and the fact that monsters really do exist, in the form of killers, like the one who showed up at a school in Connecticut today.

I have read many of the opinions posted on our page here and want to offer my own. When disasters like this happen, we as a society tend to go way off, one direction or another. Moving to either extreme is not the answer, in my very humble opinion. We should not ban guns. We should not arm teachers.

I am a gun enthusiast. I am an NRA member. I am not a right wing extremist. I have been around guns since birth and have always had one in the house. For those who want to make guns illegal, I have a comparison….cocaine and heroin are illegal. Making something illegal just means that those with a moral compass will not possess or use it….criminals still will. I do not know about the rest of you, but when I am backed into a corner, and have to protect my family from harm or death, I do not want to take a baseball bat to a gunfight.

On the other hand….my gun enthusiast friends need to simmer a little. The talk of “criminal" or "gun free zones” is also a little dramatic. The world is not collapsing. There are not bands of roving killers who prey on people because they enter s store or buildings where guns are not permitted. Teachers should not be armed in a school. I do not want teachers having the responsibility of being in a shoot/don’t shoot scenario or worrying about proper backdrop. We constantly work those scenarios and they are unnerving at best. Mrs. Crabtree should not have to worry about breaking out her Glock while also trying to give directions to 25 screaming 1st graders. Additionally, a small fraction of the gun people who “talk the talk” about what they would do in a life or death situation would most certainly not “walk the walk”. It’s very easy to say or type “If I was there with my concealed carry, I would have killed him”….it’s not so easy to put that play in motion. Many would shoot themselves in the leg, and then urinate. Again…that’s a fraction of the gun people, so don’t come unglued.

So….we had another mass killing at a school. Innocent children….angels…. gone. I have said it for years, to anyone who will listen. It is time to direct tax money to every school in this nation. It is time to make our schools secure. The time for talk is done….it was done YEARS ago. There should be NO one in the building during the school day except for staff, students and police. Dedicate a secure room/vestibule near the entrance for conferences or meetings with parents. Set a perimeter of cameras and locked doors, so these kids can be safe….the teachers can be safe….and the building can function as a school and not a murder scene.

Fed and State elected people, nationwide, listen up…..You have taxed beyond belief. You have attempted education reform numerous times and failed. You are failing children and teachers in a way now that is reprehensible….and they are dying. Stop lining the pockets of your lobbyists and start securing these schools. If you can fund the study of methane gas released by cattle, you can damn sure make these schools safer. And yes, it is on you. You have taxed at a federal and state level so much; you have caused the locals giant issues with passing ANY taxes.

These children leave the safety of home every day….it is our job to return them home, safely. Let’s start making schools a “safe zone”….and not just show up for photo ops when kids die. Lead, or get out of the way.

Thoughts and prayers to all involved…..I just cannot grasp your agony……Chief Oliver

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

It had to happen...I've heard everything now. This imbecile should be removed from office as a matter of extreme urgency.

Exploit for Political Gain

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

That link from the chief is good. Here's a great quote from Morgan Freeman on this:

Quote::
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why....It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings -were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

-DallanC
10spotterminator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

Strange how much his description of the safe school, in particular the conference room sounds like a minimum security prison. As for arming the teachers and worrying about gun handling in a school environment my thoughts stray to things such as Crimson Trace laser grips and frangible bullets. Anything to level the field in an instant when dealing with a psycho killer. I will share this sad but true account with you about one of the first school shootings in the country involving a whacko named Eric Houston who shot up Lindhurst High Shool in California. I knew one of the victims as his father and I were friends . He took a shotgun blast to the head and survived but was never the same. He was the top ranked ROTC cadet in his school who was slated to be the class valedictorian and on his way to the Air Force Academy to become an attorney. As fate would have it another good aquaintance of mine who was Chief of Detectives was one of the first police officers to arrive on the scene. By his own testimony told to me and few of my close friends he revealed that early on in the rampage he had the drop on the shooter and opted not to fire as " police policy " dictated not to engage until orders were given by the top ranking officer assigned to command the situation. He had heard shots prior, saw this this guy clearly, shotgun in hand and opted not to shoot. This animal went on after this to shoot several others to include Wayne . When this man told me this I rose quietly from the table, looked him dead in the eyes, turned around without saying a word and walked out never to see or talk to him again. The never ending nightmare still to this day haunts all of the victims from this trajedy. Just when you think it is over some attorney starts an appeal for Mr. Houston or like now some jurnalist will contact the survivors or their families and dig up all of the painful memories. One .38 calibre round at a cost of maybe 15 cents to the taxpayers could have greatly reduced the amount of evil this man put upon so many. I am not sorry to say I cant forgive the man for not putting his job at some risk to save others in that situation. Maybe I am more caloused than others when it comes to law officers if you were to google up Woodrow Whetstone, Chief of Police, Junction City, Oregon who was my Great Uncle and see what it really means to serve and protect.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

I watched TV for a couple hrs. Fri and Sat and the reporting was the WORST I had ever seen. To the Media was like a game to see who could be first. Meanwhile, others staked out the young survivors, and then proceeded to conduct on-air interviews with these young children. This was unseemly and superfluous, what in the hell was the reason for putting these kids on live tv?

You don't need to pick up your favorite tabloid at the supermarket anymore because the mainstream news media has resorted to the tabloid methodology all in the name of money.

The media originally reported the wrong name of the alleged shooter. (The suspected killer was Ryan Lanza, they breathlessly reported. Turns out it was actually Ryan's brother, Adam.) Then, some in the media advertised Ryan's Facebook and Twitter page. (This, of course, brings to mind Brian Ross irresponsible and premature on-air suggestion over the summer that the Aurora shooter was a tea party member.)

As if those cases of egregiously mistaken identity weren't enough, producers and reporters began trolling Twitter, seeking to proposition friends and relatives of the victims for an interview.

Come to think of it, the media is guilty of doing what they criticize big business of — putting money (in this case, ratings, newsstand sales, and web traffic) ahead of humanity and decency. Just as greedy businessmen put profit and personal gain ahead of ethics, so to do our media outlets.

Unfortunately, this is a pretty clear trend. George Zimmerman is suing NBC because — ostensibly to make a story seem better — they edited a tape to make it sound like he was introducing Trayvon Martin's race into a 911 conversation. (In fact, he was responding to the dispatcher's question about race.)

And earlier this month, a New York Post photographer snapped pictures of a man about to be killed by a New York City subway train. The photographer claims he couldn't have saved the man, and that he was trying to warn the train by flashing his camera. But that didn't stop a popular tabloid from exploiting the tragedy by putting it on the front page.

The entertainment-media complex promotes and glamorizes violence — for profit — in film and on TV. Meanwhile, the news media ensures that killers get the attention and fame they so desperately crave.

Oh and as far as I'm concerned, Morgan can jump off a cliff. Mad I rank the opinions of actors way up there with the news media networks. Both sell themselves out for public consumption.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

The Australian media and ANTIs have grabbed this opportunity to attack firearm ownership. They are pushing Obama to do something about the ownership of "assault weapons"...AKA anything semi automatic (or as they often refer to them, automatic). The catch cry is "there is no need for "assault weapons" in the hands of the public. They are citing what the Australian Government did after the Port Arthur shooting many years ago out here. Of course, this is just the start, the thin edge of the wedge.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler has started the ball rolling and there is little doubt in my mind that he, along with others in your Govt will do exactly what he said...exploit this terrible incident for purely political gain. Also, the ANTIs will see an opportunity to further their agenda by supporting him.

Good luck guys, I think you may need some. I am thinking this latest atrocity may well be a turning point in firearms laws in the US, but it will be mainly for political gain.

wiersy111

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

Now I remember why I hoard brass, powder, primers, lead, and bullets. And of course invest in "hardware".

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

*edit

The morgan freeman quote has since been proven a hoax. removing it.

-DallanC
slimjim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

Looks like a CHL was involved in the Oregon mall shooting the week before. The news media will not cover his contribution.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we stop this ??? My heart is breaking ,,,, Reply with quote

Here is a link with a video interview with the guy that confronted the shooter. Of course the major media won't mention this.

5440fight.com/2012/12/...-shooting/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 3