Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments.
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glockman55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Sarah Bradys "Sniper Rifles" comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons

With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

Jim Zumbo is a writer for the prestigious Outdoor Life magazine and represents the views of America's true sportsmen. He is also sponsored by Remington.

but this is the other part

Monday, February 19, 2007

The tragic proliferation of Sniper Rifles

I would like to take a moment to comment on the proliferation of Sniper Rifles.
Sniper Rifles are typically equipped with a high-powered scope, and every single one of them can blow through the body armor cops wear. They can even penetrate multiple police cars. Does the Second Amendment protect cop-killer Sniper Rifles? The NRA certainly thinks so, along with the powerful gun lobby that wants your children and your law enforcement officers to be at risk from these weapons of mass destruction. Some of these Sniper Rifles can even penetrate ballistic or armored glass, lightly armored vehicles, and armored limousines. Senator Ted Kennedy attempted to solve this with an important bill that would have banned armor piercing ammunition and protected lawful firearm commerce:

"Another rifle caliber, the 30.30 caliber, was responsible for penetrating three officers' armor and killing them in 1993, 1996, and 2002. This ammunition is also capable of puncturing light-armored vehicles, ballistic or armored glass, armored limousines, even a 600-pound safe with 600 pounds of safe armor plating.....

..It is outrageous and unconscionable that such ammunition continues to be sold in the United States of America.."

Should our elected officials live under the threat of reprisal on their lives from disgruntled constituents? The Gun Lobby seems to think so. We disagree.

Sniper Rifles can be equipped with precision optics above even what the Military uses, allowing a sniper to deliver rounds within millimeters of accuracy - enabling them to engage targets at distances of well over one hundred meters. Is there a pressing need to be able to kill with accuracy at that distance? It is too far to justify as self defense. It is too far for hunting. It is only useful for those who wish to murder from afar.

Large caliber Sniper Rifles such as the .50 Browning Machine Gun can derail freight cars, shoot down aircraft and helicopters, damage vital ground equipment such as power substations, fuel tanks, and air traffic control, and cause complete chaos. For more information on why large caliber machine-gun rounds must be banned, visit www.50caliberterror.com. A shipment of large caliber machine-gun round sniper rifles made by Steyr turned up in Iran, and are being used on our own soldiers, as the .50 bullets easily defeat their body armor, their up-armored humvees, and even APCs.

Many forward thinking, progressive politicians such as Ted Kennedy, Chuck Schumer, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama have voted against Center-Fire Rifle Ammunition of types for Sniper Rifles, but due to the pressure and massive financial resources of the gun industry, the necessary steps to protect our homes and lives have not been attained.

Sniper Rifles have been used by murderers and spree killers for years, with notable incidents such as the Beltway Snipers, the Clocktower Sniper, and more.

ANY rifle configured and equipped as a sniper rifle has no sporting purpose especially as a hunting rifle. They are too big and heavy to take to the field. Designed for distance shooting, they are useless for the ranges at which game animals are normally shot, and when used on sporting sized game at range they often just wound the animal, inhumanely forcing it to die slowly while the would-be hunter tracks it to finish it off. Most Sniper Rifles fire atypically large cartridges and ultra high velocity ammunition that can travel much greater distances that standard ammunition. The danger imposed from missed shots and ricochetes from these specialty rounds is unreasonable.

Most of these rifles carry multiple rounds, with either an automatic mechanism, or a quick toggle action to rapidly move another bullet into the breech, ready to fire into another victim. In most states, they are nearly unrestricted. Anyone over the age of 18 can buy one. If they can't pass a background check, they skirt the NCIS system by going to a gunshow, or finding a private sale in the newspaper. A murderer camped at a distance from a public gathering could quickly turn it into a massacre dwarfing anything we have seen before in the United States, if they had a Sniper Rifle. If they adopted hit and run tactics, entire portions of our country could be shut down.

Sniper Rifles shoot a high powered bullet that is almost always fatal. They are designed for one thing- delivering powerful overkill with deadly precision. You don't need the kind of power and accuracy that can kill a man at five hundred yards for hunting rabbits or defending your house.

We should also give commendations to France because many years ago they designated any firearm capable of shooting military ammunition as a military arm, illegal to posess without a special permit and unlawful to use for hunting. The 223, 308, 7mm mauser, 30-06, and 6.5x55 have no place in the hunting fields of France. Firearms shooting these calibers are military weapons only designed for killing PEOPLE and should be kept out of the hands of the general population. Because they have no hunting purpose, there is no reason for civilians to own them.

Every state in the USA has hunting equipment rules that limit the caliber of firearm used to take game. They also limit the types of rifles, length, magazine capacity, etc. States should amend these hunting regulations to restrict the use of "sniper" rifles, specialty "sniper" cartridges, and "sniper" ammunition. Limits on weight, barrel length, bipods and tripods, thumbhole stocks and pistol grips, night vision type scopes, scopes of excessive magnification, super magnum and high velocity ammunition, and military slings should be imposed. They have no place in the hunting fields of America and hunting usage should not be used as an argument for civilians to own such firearms and weapons. There are more than ample hunting rifles, cartridges, and rounds of ammunition to choose from without them.

Let us hope that in a safer, saner America, we will succeed in our efforts to restrict the deadly spread of long distance murder rifles.

Will someone please direct me to the 30-30 that will do all that! I want one like that. Very Happy

Morax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

i wanna see the .50 browning automatic sniper rifle.. i am sorry but this is outrageous! this is the next one that needs to loose a job to understand it is all or nothing nra backs any and all firearms not just the single shot 22s
Gil Martin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

I hate it when that happens. The anti-gunners hate all guns and are willing to take half of them now and the other half later. We cannot give them an inch. All the best...
Gil

vint2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Unfortunately there are too many Sarah Bradys in this country and some were mentioned. Sadly, the NRA does not get the support it should get from the 80+ millions of gun owners. Too many are willing to sit on their hands and let some one else do it. That is an excellent method for losing it all. Those of us of a conservative-libertarian bent need to get ot work to stop this garbage! WE have been too slint and inactive for too long.
VINT2

ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!!!

vint2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

slint should read silent!! Sorry for the typo!!VINT2

fireball 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Sad well, i guess next year i'll buy a 355psi air rifle so i can get that pesky pig and deer that roaming the streets. i too would like that 30-30, i'll have to take a look to see where i went wrong with mine. Crying or Very sad
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

I love their logic, if a bullet can punch a hole in something it must be dangerous. Their same logic seems to think its the gun that does all the bad things not the person behind the trigger. I find people who support gun control and want guns banned are the same ones that call for "rehabilitation" for criminals and that criminals are the ones who are wronged when they do a crime because sociaty is at fault. Bang Head

Morax,

Want a 50BMG "Sniper" rifle to piss off the anti's ?? Very Happy

This is what the Canadian Forces bought where one of our snipers in Afganistan got a comformed kill at 2,658 yards (2430m):

www.mcbrosrifles.com/5...20TACTICAL

Here is the "Automatic" ... Semi-Automatic M82 that the US Military uses (not as accurate as the bolt action McMillian though):

www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Dimitri

Morax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

but Dimiti, they said it was a browning automatic .50 so thats what i want to see is a BROWNING automatic sniper.. not the barrett SEMI or bolt actions that are the accual sniper rifles.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Morax,

They say ".50 Browning Machine Gun" so I'm assuming they are talking about the 50BMG cartrige so I talked about 50 caliber rifles. Smile

Quote::
allowing a sniper to deliver rounds within millimeters of accuracy - enabling them to engage targets at distances of well over one hundred meters.

I find this part funny, because I'm willing to bet many if not most hunters take game at distances of about 200 yards all the time. But I'm not sure about that milimeters of accuracy they claim. Very Happy

Dimitri

bubbadoyle
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

How can she claim that these bullets only wound game but kill men so effectively?
d_hoffman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

There's a guy, a veteran mind you, at the shop where I work that says he's voting for Billary Clinton. I keep telling him over and over, if she gets in the White House our guns are GONE!!!!!!!! All of the legistlation that Gore had waiting for him if he would've been elected is just sitting there waiting for her to get elected. I keep telling him that she IS an ANTI HUNTING, ANTI GUN, PETA etc. fanatic that will try to take our rights and he's still saying oh no, THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN HERE. People, we need to wake up, stand up and be heard. IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT BEFORE OUR VERY EYES AND WE'RE LETTING IT HAPPEN!!!!!

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

It's times like this that all the gun owners need to stand together and let there voices be heard. When Zumbo put his foot in his mouth there voices were heard . Now we need to hear them against Sarah Brady!!
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Morax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Morax,

They say ".50 Browning Machine Gun" so I'm assuming they are talking about the 50BMG cartrige so I talked about 50 caliber rifles. Smile

Quote::
allowing a sniper to deliver rounds within millimeters of accuracy - enabling them to engage targets at distances of well over one hundred meters.

I find this part funny, because I'm willing to bet many if not most hunters take game at distances of about 200 yards all the time. But I'm not sure about that milimeters of accuracy they claim. Very Happy

Dimitri

true but this is one of those instnces where if ya call my truck a car it is wrong its a truck. with the different and so closly made firearms out there, if you are trying to scrutinize one then be specific.. like saying all 9mms are junk, when we all know not all are just the glock...

A JOKE GUYS dont load yer glocks and come hunting for me now..
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

Morax,

I understand what your saying. Smile

Dimitri

bodyalter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Bradys " Sniper Rifles" comments. Reply with quote

me too I think glocks are junk.....err no I mean....what I mean to say is..ummm....I will be standing in the corner if any glock owners want to smack me....

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 4