Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Where Do You Reload
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

Howdy Was curious where everybody has there reloading bench set up. When i use to live in a apartment i set it up in the master bedroom. I guess old habits are hard to break i have four bedrooms now and still have it in the master, and to think my wife divorced me Shocked Shocked

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

The computer room, gun room and reloading room share the same bed room. Now an office. I will be sooo glad when I retire and get out of this tin box and out of this state. There will be a barn with stable. There will be an office and the gun room and reloading room will be in a seperate building. (I hope)...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
SakoL61R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

Mine's in the "man room" with the rest of my toys and gear Very Happy . They call them "bonus rooms" here in Ga. Typically, a rather large bedroom above the garage.
Sako
robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

I have all my reloading stuff out in my shed that is attached to the house. It also is the room where all of my tools are and the hot water tank is. It gets kinda crowded but its the only safe place for me to load. Keeps the kids away from it. Some day I will build an actual tool shed so it wont be so crowded.
nedrob
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

My wife calls it the lairs and loafers club, I call it home. I'm lucky I have a seperate room away from the house that I can get away from all the phones and other bothers. Some folks deal with the stress of everyday life with martinis not an awful way, I choose to lose myself in detail of proper technique.
Blaine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

I have all my reloading stuff in the basement. My wife calls it my "cave". No one but me ever goes down there, so all my stuff never gets bothered. Also, there is no phone or other distractions.

Blaine

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

Ok let's be men about this and i know i'm going to get razzed quite a bit.......The closet. Laughing It's actually a storage closet that gives me a great amount of free room with a 4' and an 8' bench, my tool boxes, and powder, tools, and die cabinet.

Although i think i'm happier in that closet! ROFL
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

515034s10ring wrote:
Ok let's be men about this and i know i'm going to get razzed quite a bit.......The closet. Laughing It's actually a storage closet that gives me a great amount of free room with a 4' and an 8' bench, my tool boxes, and powder, tools, and die cabinet.

Although i think i'm happier in that closet! ROFL
As long as your dressed the same when ya come out as when ya went in(LOL) sorry had to say sumptin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
RPM1031

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

Finally got a bench built and set up an area in the basement.

mikekuzara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

Half of one end of my garage is my reloading and gun cleaning bench. I lucked into a large (2ftX2ft) piece of 2 inch slate that used to have a scale for a coal mine mounted on it. I mounted it on a corner of my bench, and now I have a completely flat, level, spark proof surface to work on.

As my wife puts it, "it's with the rest of the man stuff in the garage".

Set a man on fire and he is warm the rest of his life.
BLASERMAN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

My den is the reloading room. Need a new bench, just down loaded plans for building one.
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

shrpshtrjoe wrote:

As long as your dressed the same when ya come out as when ya went in(LOL) sorry had to say sumptin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah same clothes, but in much more copper and brass. Mr. Green

And yeah, I figured you would first. Cheers Fart
Handloader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

After decades of trying to find "someplace" for my reloading setup, I built a separate 10 x 12 building complete with AC/heating. Finally, I had a bench big enough (12 feet long) to accomodate several presses and shelves to organize bullets, dies, powders and primers, all along one wall. Then came larger shelves for camping supplies and hunting related items with the balance of the space for power tools and a lathe.

This is where I go, my own retreat, my small little castle.

FWIW, I've looked at loading bench plans but found that a good quality Formica countertop was more suited to my needs. Its reinforced for the presses with 1/4" plate and sits on top of a sturdy cradle built with 2X4s and several 4X4s for legs, bolted to the concrete floor. It wasn't very expensive and gives lots of room, something I've always compromised on before.
GroovyJack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

The puter room , gun room , reloading room is a room I built on some years ago ...
Wifey calls it the rat hole .. Wonder why ?? I know where everything is at ..
Reloading bench is a table made from heart pine that is 3" thick and cut into 12" widths .. She bugging me to take it out and make another smaller one out of same material .. Stuff has to be about 250 years old by now ..
Jack

Gil Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Where Do You Reload Reply with quote

A room in the basement is my loading area. A dog sleeps down there and there are two resident tom cats. The cats seem to enjoy watching the reloading process. I am adding a garage to the house and will construct an adequate loading area. All the best...
Gil

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 1 of 3