Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangofirst
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Advocates:

CENTRISTS espouse a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind,

tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what

they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

fireball 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

All I can say is I believe in what Charlie Daniels says in one of his songs.
They can take em when they pry em from my dead cold hands...

ALL of my guns that is..

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

mangofirst wrote:

I don't have to answer as to whether or not I'm voting for Obama, but I will. And I am. There are many more issues on which I agree with him. I, unlike my Daddy, who sent the link for this post to me, don't vote for someone based on a single issue.

Interesting. You don't think that the fact that Obama doesn't trust YOU sorta over rides any other issue? I trust my friends to be armed however they choose.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
mangofirst
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Interesting. You don't think that the fact that Obama doesn't trust YOU sorta over rides any other issue? I trust my friends to be armed however they choose.

I guess that one's gone right over my head. I'm not sure what you're insinuating.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

He is saying how can you trust a politician who doesn't trust you enough that he is willing to restrict your constitutionally protected freedoms for his own benefit and goals.

Dimitri

vint2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

A centrist or Moderate whichever you want to call them is a liberal with out the courage to admit it!!!! They will give up our freedoms just to keep the peace, and too many good people have died to keep our fredoms and rights, and peace!!!!!!!!!! Those sacrifices deserve far better than central to left attitudes!!!!!

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

I’m not “insinuating” anything. Obama’s record shows that he does not want or trust the American people to be armed. His statements about “the rights and traditions of sportsman” are totally irrelevant, just a smoke screen for those who would make their decision based on sound bites.

The Second Amendment recognizes that we have a right to be armed for our DEFENSE and has nothing to do with hunting. As I’ve said before, Obama either doesn’t understand the Second or simply doesn’t care what it says. Now, if he obviously doesn’t trust the people, your neighbors, your family, YOU to be able to defend yourself, how can you possibly trust him?

This “single issue” isn’t the only consideration but it is a pretty good test for how a politician views the people he wants to represent, or control.

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

By the way, if you are unsure of the origin and meaning of the Second Amendment may I suggest “The Second Amendment Primer” by Les Adams. Amazon carries copies.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
d_hoffman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Three times now I have wrote a comment to Obama on his website asking him where he stands on these issues that are being discussed here and all three times I've gotten either no response at all or a large pile of political double talk. He can't even give an honest, straight forward answer on them. There is absolutly no way on Gods green earth that he should become our next President. As a Veteran, and I think I speak for the other Vets on this site, if you don't have enough respect for our flag, our national anthem or our pledge of alegiance to act according to protocol then I will never have any respect for that person. No matter who he or she is!!!

mangofirst
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
By the way, if you are unsure of the origin and meaning of the Second Amendment may I suggest “The Second Amendment Primer” by Les Adams. Amazon carries copies.

I understand the origin and meaning of the Second Amendment perfectly. And no, I don't agree with Obama on most of his gun control votes/legislation, etc. I say most because Obama did vote in favor of the Vitter Amendment in 2006. But again, I don't vote for someone because of one issue and I don't believe that the way he votes in the senate means that he doesn't trust me.

The way he votes has nothing to do with his trusting the American people and everything to do with where his support money comes from and what the lobbyists tell him to do. I've yet to see a politician make a decision from the heart or even from the head! It just doesn't happen.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics..."

vint2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

What about his association with William Ayers, Alinsky, Jeremy Wright, Rezko, ACORN, and other unsavory parties??????? His voting record is all important as to his beliefs on issues and he is anti America as far as I can see. He is this by his own statements!!!!!!!

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Yes ma'am...I DO vote on usually ONE issue...The reason I base my vote on the persons perception and attempting to nul the 2nd Amendment is because if he or she will not protect the 2nd Amendment they sure as h*ll will not protect the rest of the Amendments or the Contitution. And without the 2nd Amendment there is no Bill Of Rights. And with the folding of the Bill Of Rights the Constitution falls. If you think this is bunk. Consider what obama has already tried to do to the 1st Amendment, especially in Missouri (your neighboring state) with HIS "truth squad". Voting because of one issue such as the 2nd Amendment is like a litmus test...And obama fails miserably.

Note the gun laws in Chicago. Some of the stiffest laws ever enacted in any city except Wasington DC. Two cities with the highest crime in the country. And you think he supports my right to protect my family and my country?

As far as the other issues are concerned...I worked my butt off for over 45 years to get what I have. I don't need it distributed to those too lazy to get off their collective duffs (redistribution of the wealth). I don't need my taxes raised. And his plan will, indirectly, raise my taxes in the form of increased cost of living. How you say? Easy. Raise the taxes on the rich and on windfall profits...The big companies are not going to pay those taxes. You are...Through higher prices on the products you buy now. Big business passes those increases on to you. He says that he will elliminate taxes for those retired and making $50,000 and under...What a laugh...I already pay little or no taxes...Wasn't his idea after all...But his raising of the other taxes will cost me more to live anyway...His medical plan is a joke and will ruin my medical plan that I worked and sacrificed for. I have Military and Medicare of which I still pay, indirectly plus co-pay, for even retired...Socialized medicine? Ask Canadians about socialized medicine. They come to the states to get taken care of...

I really don't like the people he goes to bed with or the ones he WAS in bed with either...I DO believe you are who you associate with...Who your friend are is a mirror of you...And he can say what he wants about his disassociation of these people. It's still on the public record and it AIN'T good. He's no better then the criminals he has associated with that got him where he is. A very dangerous man...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

By The Way...A "community Organizer" is a person that shows the poor and destitute (lazy free loaders) how to bilk the government (and real tax payers) out of FREE (don't need to work when someone else will do it for you) handouts. Mad

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Another interesting comment. If you think that Obama is controlled by lobbyists that is yet another reason NOT to vote for him. Again, look at who he sides with. Vint and Bushy make excellent points.

I can see why he voted for the Vitter amendment. It still follows his beliefs as stated above. He "supports the Second Amendment" while suggesting local and state govts can ban firearms.

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

And another famous American quote ... "That's all I have to say about that."

d_hoffman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

Aside from the fact that 2 major potential enemies, one of which is Russia,has said that it's not feasible to attack the United States because of so many American Citizens have guns and that attacking us would have disasterous results. The armed citizen, a lot of which are Veterans, is the biggest deterent that we have. Not our military. And talk about deterents. The fact that I carry a weapon on duty has detered 3 seperate incidents that could have been potentialy dangerous for me. In one incident, we took over a protection contract from a company that apparently only carried a taser. I had 4 individuals try to aproach me talking back and forth about busting up a cop. That is until they got close enough to me and suddenly stopped, looked and one of them said "that aint no f...ing taser man, lets go". There are too many times to mention the number of attacks that have been avoided or all together turned around because of the simple fact that they had a gun to defend themselves. The criminals want our guns gone. It makes it easier to do thier bad deeds.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Obama explains why he doesn't salute the U.S.flag Reply with quote

And obama will help the criminal element to that goal of disarming the populus...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 3 of 6