Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Glock for hunting
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

AMEN to that! Very Happy

Although i do find my G20 spitting 200 and 230 grain rounds to be quite effective as well for Michigan deer, turkey, and bear. Cool

Take care.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

I have never found the need to load anything heavyer than 200gr bullets in my G-20, and they are VERY affective on whitetails, I have shot one bear with the G-20 200gr HTP's (self defence) the damn bear tryed to climb in the portable blind with me. tried several times to yell and scream for it to leave but it would not go, so I shot the son ofa #$%^. Lots of paper work and ???'s from the DNR but all worked out, they said they had been haveing reports of problem bear in that area, This bear was probably the one..
Any way, the 200gr HTP put his butt down NOW! It was about 15 feet, shot entered his chest under his chin(I was aiming for his head)and exited his belly near were his belly button would be.

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

The DNR never could tally bear numbers especially in the central lower when they thought in the 90's bears were in the lower 1000's and in actuallity it was closer to 2000. And that was the time you may even remember when the DNR was taking fur counts on barbed wire, and also tracking with radio collars?
Well in 1996 is when i found how effective a 10MM was.
When just after cracking my thermos and pouring coffee, i hear rustling behind me, then while still in my blind the bear starts hitting at it and busts a few 2x4's, and i was GONE running and screaming like a little girl! Laughing Yeah he started chasing and i (for some reason) stopped, shot him 5 times then ran again (of course looking back and feeling stupid because he stopped chasing and was dead).
DNR was reasonable though, letting me see where i shot him and exit wounds (from 200gr XTP)(left eye..exit center head, snout..no exit, throat..no exit, and 2 left shoulder/neck area..one exit behind right arm and the other out of the spine almost between shoulder blades) and at least giving me the weight (657 pounds). Shocked But the statements and paperwork took the rest of the day because i was on the brink of northern Osceola and southeastern Wexford and had to do both. Confused
That's something i never want to encounter again!

Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

I'm all for the "Not again", I hated the crap from the DNR,for the first hour or so I was treated like a criminal, they even were going to handcuff me until the State police officer told them that I called it in myself and showed them what was left of my pop up blind the bear tore threw.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

I am HAPPY Very Happy . I just recieved my KKM 6" w 4 port comp for my 10mm G-20 and it shoots cast lead now! AND DOES IT SHOOT! Very Happy
WATCH OUT DEER Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

I've been using a Jarvis 6" and it's pretty cool seeing the difference and shooting a softer cast bullet. A 200gr cast with 10gr of AA7 producing over 1100 fps is great deer medicine. Twisted Evil

Crackshot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

That was the reason for my change of barrel, shooting cast bullets.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Mind If I try that load you put on your last post for my G-20? I have been useing Horady JHP's for ever and now that I can use cast I want to try them alot. Very Happy
Do you know of any place that sells a better adjustable sight for the Glock 10mm?
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Not at all Very Happy

And i do know of a place that sells great adj. sights, however, the site is down Sad Here is the link anyway and if you need help in ordering, or installing, just PM me. LWD I've been dealing with these guys (and only these guys now) for a few years, and have built many fine race/defense Glocks because of them.

When the site is up, i think you will like what you see! Very Happy

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Sites back up now Very Happy and i have the Meprolight adj night sights on a G22 slide that have been through it all for the past 6 or 7 years with out a hicup.

Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

I want a mounting plate for a Optima dot sight. know where I can get one? I checked at LWD and Optima was not on there list of manufacturers.
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Go here then------>TG
About 3/4 down under the "Dr. Optics" title and a mount #2717 is what you need. Smile

Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Thanks 10ring! What do you think? the Optima should hold up to 10mm glock.

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

You won't have a problem at all Crackshot. My old competition Glocks shot well over a few hundred thousand rounds with a tasco, then a Dr. Optic on them. Very Happy

Crackshot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Glock for hunting Reply with quote

Do you think the Dr Optic will be precise enough for hunting deer out to 75 yards or so?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 4