· Comments: 86

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLIQUE777
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

HaHaHaHa! As Yosemite Sam once said, "Rabbasmabbarabbadrabba!". Well, it does seem like an important thing to consider doing. Though hunterjoe21 is absolutely right! The last 7 years of George W Bush demonstrate perfectly why things are so serious, and I voted for him twice.

Clique777
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Me too...And I would vote for him again if all I had was oboma (who, by the way, is from Chigago)...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
vint2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

RIGHT ON,BUSHIE!!!!!!!!! Smile

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Me too Bushy!! Heck, I'd vote for a road killed skunk, before I'd vote for Obama. Yuck Heck, I'd vote for Ron Paul, before I'd vote for Obama! Oops, I didn't mean to say that! Sorry Ron Paul supporters. Poke Just joking.

Cary

tracker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

I don't remember Yosemite Sam ever saying that.... wtf

CLIQUE777
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Well, I think the strategic approach is to do: 1) things they don't expect (like get 10 million or even 5 or 2 million to consistently boycott and make a difference - it only take 1-3 percent of a big corporation's revenue to make it really hurt, unless its an oil or oil service company - plus, car manufacturers are a great target right now because of the fix they are in with such poor sales), and 2) do things that are extremely difficult for them to control (in other words, make them gnash their teeth a little bit more)(like a boycott, but not only that). If enough executives start complaining about not "riling those damn conservatives", then politicians are going to do something (first try to stop it, which they won't succeed at, and then, hopefully, they'll start running from supporting causes like the homosexual lobby and for things like the North American Man Boy Love Association have in mind for our grandkids! "Come on over here little Bobby, and bring some of your friends with you, I have a whole bunch of candy and ice cream here in my bedroom for ya!". They will abandon the homosexual lobby really quickly.

And, guess who the target market is for this idea. A bunch of old guys like yourselves. And I can say that without the fear of creating an offense. Why? Because I are an OLD GUY. Heck! We're the only ones with the brains to even understand this. Plus, youngsters, younger than about 45, have far too much sex left in their lives. Sex! What's that?

Thank Ya'll From Texas,

Clique777

P.S. I'm voting for Bob Barr. Heck, he's the one that prosecuted the impeachment of Bill Clinton! He should get a medal.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Bob Barr is like Ron Paul...He won't win and your vote will be wasted and will, instead, aid obama into office...Granted...Mr McCain isn't my best choice either, but with a clothes pin, or two, and a pencil I will vote for him to try to thwart obama

BUT...It is your right to vote for whom ever you wish...That I will not argue about...

Last edited by Bushmaster on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
vint2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

BUSHIE YOU ARE DEAD BANG RIGHT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Got your back, Bushy; just lead the way, I'm just as fed up with this as you are! Mad

Cary

vint2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

As I keep telling people we conservatives need to get off our dead ends and get to work!!! There is much to do and we need to get busy, so lets have a call to arms here and get on with it!!!

CLIQUE777
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

You guys are the armory to protect the nation! HaHaHa! Was it Bushmaster whose post I read when I first found this site, maybe not, but the person expressed the compulsion for reloading shells even when he would not shoot them. And then, he would start reloading empties of calibers for guns he did not own! HaHaHaHa!

Actually, my plan was one shared by a few others that might have worked some months back if started then. Get 1-2 million people who voted for Bush to sign a petition they would not vote for McCain under any circumstances. Give the petition to the Republican National Committee as soon as its finished and prior to the RNC convention this Fall. That would be a sign that McCain is simply not acceptable. Could McCain win minus 1-2 million votes? Probably not. Absolutely not. Would the RNC jettison him like a bad passenger in a James Bond car?

I accomplished that end when I signed Focus on the Family's "Family Values" petition, basically stating I would not vote for anyone who did not share my family values. James Dobson has already stated he will never vote for McCain. I'm not voting for McCain even if Dr Dobson changes his mind.

My favorite pastor quotes Winston Churchill as having said, "The price of greatness is responsibility." And Winston should have add, "and with a lot of hard work."

Bushmaster,

I agree with your statement. But I've abandoned the bi-partisan model. I'm not going to fear Obama anymore than McCain (Bush's red-head stepchild with warts all over his nose and past). I think George Bush has done more to disembowel the Constitution than any person in the history of this country. And I believe there is a reason why he and his friends did it.

There is going to have to be a social shift in the minds and behavior of conservatives (the "Old Guys" because the old gals have lost their vim to some degree). I'm waiting to see if it is going to happen. No more of what has failed us in the past. McCain to me is simply more of the failed values of the past. Plus, if you want to know the real John McCain read the book "An Horrendous Crime". I read it and I would never vote for McCain as a result (one of several reasons).

Sorry if I am boring you fellas with all this stuff.

But, if Old Guys don't start something, it simply isn't going to get done.

Clique777

Jesus, Bless America, we are repenting.
CLIQUE777
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Okay. I just bought another gun. Its an X-bolt in 300 WSM. And I am in the process of trying to find store bought ammo until I decided to start reloading. Any experience here with this gun and ammo? I just want a reliably accurate load without spending $500 in various loads and manufacturers to find what really works. I'm interested in 180 gr over 150 gr, but will be shooting both.

I tried some Winchester X in 180 gr power point and thought maybe I should return the gun! Using a Nikon 6X20 -44 at 100 yards right now. Next is Winchester Supreme 180 gr Ballistic Silvertip (Got 2 boxes for $37 each at Bass Proshop on Sunday - nifty price). Blind hog finds an acorn.........

Clique777
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Anytime I can't reload for a particular calibre I go to Remington green box. And incidently. I only have dies sets for those calibres in my small arsonal. I do not load for calibres that I don't have...

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

I actually do have dies for a cartridge I've never owned but I have no idea why I have them or where they came from...

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
CLIQUE777
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 Reply with quote

Bushmaster, No offense. I guess it wasn't your post I read. But the fella that wrote it spoke of it like an addiction, and it was pretty funny. Picking up empties at the range for calibers he didn't own, just so he could reload them. HaHaHaha!

Clique777
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 4 of 7