No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag.
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

I have, those above calibers in my arsenal and I keep on looking for reloading data for these calibers. To my 8mm rem mag, I have a pretty good charge. I use where the Swift A-frame 220 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma MRP and get V0 approximately 860 m / s. Are there any of you who have a better charge with the same bullet with higher V0 m / s?

Earlier this year I bought Rem. 700 Safari in caliber 416 rem. mag. and which uses the former owner of Woodleigh RN 400 gr, 215 Federal primer and gunpowder Norma 203B. I had to inaugurate it last fall by shooting a female moose in Sweden. I have some loads to 416 r m but I am interested in more loads for this caliber.

In Sweden there is no importer of Alliance Powder now and it is very sad. I have used this powder before my 8 mm r m

I thank you in advance and hope I can help with this.

PS.
My English is not the best but I hope you understand what I have written.

Redgers

Stefan

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke"
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Welcome to Hunting Nut Stefan.

If using Norma Powders, data is Here

If using Hodgdon, Imr, Winchester Powders, data is Here

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Ominivision1 wrote:
Welcome to Hunting Nut Stefan.

If using Norma Powders, data is Here

If using Hodgdon, Imr, Winchester Powders, data is Here

Hi Ominivision!

Thanks!

I have read both these pages. What bullets do you use to Norma powder?

It requires a whole new way of thinking to solve the problems we created with the old way of thinking.
/ Albert Einstein

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

For my 416 rem I use 400 gr Hornady RN InterBond bullets ahead of a charge of 76grs of Varget at around 2375 fps at the muzzle. I haven't tried any Norma powder yet with this round.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
slimjim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

stefan, welcome to hunting nut. Its great that you joined our world wide forum. Have you considered these monolithic bullets.

Barnes TSX

GS Custom Bullets

GS custom is out of South Africa.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
chambered221

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

How's that for service..........Welcome to Hunting Nut !!! Howdy

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Welcome Stefan! I bet your English is better than my Swedish...

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Ominivision1 wrote:
For my 416 rem I use 400 gr Hornady RN InterBond bullets ahead of a charge of 76grs of Varget at around 2375 fps at the muzzle. I haven't tried any Norma powder yet with this round.

Ok! Thanks!

It requires a whole new way of thinking to solve the problems we created with the old way of thinking.
/ Albert Einstein

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go a little past them into the impossible.
/ Arthur C. Clarke
stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
stefan, welcome to hunting nut. Its great that you joined our world wide forum. Have you considered these monolithic bullets.

Barnes TSX

GS Custom Bullets

GS custom is out of South Africa.

Thanks!

TSX, I have tried the 8mm rem mag only, and I was not really happy with the ball. Right now I only use Swift A-frame 220 degrees in it and about 860 m / s V0 and where I have Norma MRP powder now because we do not have any importer of Alliant propellants. So far, it is not a moose who has run away from me after a hit by a bullet from there. Is there anyone who uses a Quick Load loads the program or something equivalent and can say what you may have for the maximum charge?
I have not tried the GS bullets. I do not think I have heard of them before.
416 rem mag I bought one years ago and about where I got some pre-loaded ammunition and it was Wood Leigh 400 gr and with a V0 of 730 m / s with Norma 203B gunpowder. I had to inaugurate the gun during last year's moose hunting to shoot a cow moose at about 50 m. Is there anyone who has tried the Swift A-frame 350 gr or 400 gr in 416 rem mag? What did you have to charge now and that V0 have you been then?

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by stefan on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Welcome Stefan! I bet your English is better than my Swedish...

Thanks! Haha!

It's fine to use Google translate from Swedish to English but not vice versa. Then you get to guess the sentence content.

I practice my English with my 30 relatives in BC, Canada. One of them has been an English teacher and she is a big hockey fan of the Canucks.

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

there is a few loads in the load database here for both those calibers.
you could PM the authors of those loads to find out abit more.

stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
there is a few loads in the load database here for both those calibers.
you could PM the authors of those loads to find out abit more.

Hi Elvis!

Thanks!

You have no link to base loads directly?

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

reloading database top lefthand side of your screen, scroll down to your caliber and have a wee look see.

stefan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
reloading database top lefthand side of your screen, scroll down to your caliber and have a wee look see.

Thanks! Very Happy I´ve find it! Very Happy

/ Albert Einstein

/ Arthur C. Clarke
inthedark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for load data to 8mm rem mag and 416 rem mag. Reply with quote

Hey Stefan
I don't know if you know about this company in South Africa that manufactures high quality bullets at affordable prices ( At least affordable here in Canada ) It is www.frontierbullets.co.za

Frontier Bullets make two lines of bullets: Spartan Series for the 416 and the 8mm in a copper solid that is cnc machined in the following hollow point flat base (short ogive), hollow point boat tail, hollow point flat base (long ogive) and finally the Phalanx which is designed for dangerous game. For the 416 also the gameranger series lead bullets that are electroplated and have a flat meplat designed for slower velocities with maximum damage.

They also make pistol bullets as well and I use the pistol bullets myself and will be ordering the big game bullets from them this summer. I am quite impressed with the quality of their products but you make your own mind up. This is just my opinion.

Chimo (inuktituk)

inthedark

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 1 of 4