Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824029
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

am I just lucky
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Visiting other forums, I find that the guns I have and shoot all fall well short of top of the line products.

Ruger M77mkII poor trigger and don't shoot. ( I guess mine came off the line better than normal )

Ruger Pistols Poor triggers. And hard to reassembly. ( it's not a problem for me )

Savage rifles, I agree they aren't as pretty. Mine shoots very well. (I have yet to have a problem with the "sloppy" bolt).

Mossberg 835 ultra. Again that pretty thing comes up.

Colt Pistol after all the shooting I've done with it I still can't get it to jam.

So my question, Am I just to cheap or what?

longwalker
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

They are all fine arms.....ummm errr.....They are junk and i'll be the first to offer $50 bucks to take 'em all off your hands Laughing

I used to get the very well same reaction. It's just since people have a following, the one manufacturer they don't have or had in their collection they usually always talk bad about for some reason....then the story gets inflated based upon incorrect info.

As i've heard before, believe half of what you read, and nothing of what you heard Wink

1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

515034s10ring wrote:
They are all fine arms.....ummm errr.....They are junk and i'll be the first to offer $50 bucks to take 'em all off your hands Laughing

I used to get the very well same reaction. It's just since people have a following, the one manufacturer they don't have or had in their collection they usually always talk bad about for some reason....then the story gets inflated based upon incorrect info.

As i've heard before, believe half of what you read, and nothing of what you heard Wink

Thanks 10ring, I'll remember that ...................!! Smile
Quote::
It's just since people have a following, the one manufacturer they don't have or had in their collection they usually always talk bad about for some reason....then the story gets inflated based upon incorrect info.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm is that so..............! Surprised Shocked I know "some people" that are just like that....... Shocked

515034s10ring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

1895ss wrote:

I know "some people" that are just like that....... Shocked

Oops......And Marlin shall not be talked about Very Happy Laughing

1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Haha Gotcha............. Haha

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

longwalker wrote:
Visiting other forums, I find that the guns I have and shoot all fall well short of top of the line products.

Ruger M77mkII poor trigger and don't shoot. ( I guess mine came off the line better than normal )

Ruger Pistols Poor triggers. And hard to reassembly. ( it's not a problem for me )

Savage rifles, I agree they aren't as pretty. Mine shoots very well. (I have yet to have a problem with the "sloppy" bolt).

Mossberg 835 ultra. Again that pretty thing comes up.

Colt Pistol after all the shooting I've done with it I still can't get it to jam.

So my question, Am I just to cheap or what?

longwalker

Have a mate that had a Ruger rifle in 45.70. He Liked it and never had any problems with it. Prior to buying my Weatherby I looked at Remington and Ruger. Neither of them "fitted" me and the Ruger was not the prettiest rifle I have seen.

Ruger revolvers are not known for being "user friendly" when you want to tune the action (well in Australia anyway). From my experience a S&W offers better accuracy and a much better trigger "out of the box", although I still had to tune my 586 trigger. My Ruger Mk1 in .22 was a magnificent little pistol and my daughters loved plinking with it, but it had to be the biggest a**hole of a thing to reassemble after pulling it apart for cleaning.

Colt pistols, well autos. What more can you say? I think that pretty well every modern auto, with a couple of exceptions, are in one way or another a copy of this venerable firearm. The sincerest form of flattery is imitation.

Not familiar with your other firearms, although the names Savage and Mossberg are well known for their quality.

So, are you a cheap **s.......probably, just like the rest of us one eyed cheapskates. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Oh yeah, and I think that my old mate Ringo has done you an injustice...$50....that is disgusting....I'lll offer you a more realistic price....$75 aussie Oscar Scholars. Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
longwalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Then I find myself in good company.

longwalker
Spacedone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

firearms are TOOLS

they shouldnt need to win pretty pagents.

it doesnt matter how they look as long as they do the job they are designed to do.

everyone here screams winchester winchester winchester but in my left handed opinion they are about useless for more thsn one shot at a time.

my best gun is a old old belgum made double barrel 12 ga with a wire twist barrel/ its so ugly it scares dead game, it weighs 2.5 tons and has a trigger pull of 572 pounds but if the job is killing birds, it is the correct tool for the job.

it all depends on personal tastes.

personally i find cheap ugly guns kill just as dead as expensive pretty ones.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Spacedone wrote:
firearms are TOOLS

it doesnt matter how they look as long as they do the job they are designed to do.

everyone here screams winchester winchester winchester but in my left handed opinion they are about useless for more thsn one shot at a time.

my best gun is a old old belgum made double barrel 12 ga with a wire twist barrel/ its so ugly it scares dead game, it weighs 2.5 tons and has a trigger pull of 572 pounds but if the job is killing birds, it is the correct tool for the job.

G'Day Spacedone. Hey mate, you only need the one shot with a Winchester. Very Happy "One shot at a time"........hm, last time I fired more than one shot at a time.....read buckets of bullets at a time..... was when I was in the Army and that was with either an M16, GPMG M60, Bren and .30 or .50 cal MG.

You are correct though.....good lookin' doesn't necessarily equate to good performance. It is however, a real bonus if you have both looks and performance.......just like a good "partner" (the politically correct way of sayin' woman).

That old 12g of yours sounds like a damn fine piece of kit. How is the Damascus barrel standing up? One would imagine that at its age it would be a wall hanger for the sake of safety. One would hate to see something like that ruined or destroyed.

Cheers, Vince

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Yeah spacedome...I'm curious too...I had a Damascus twist 12 ga double when I was a kid and noticed that the bead on one barrel was a quarter inch off center. Traded it for my "Jackhandle" .30-30. That was a few years back....

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

[quote="VinceItrigger. My Ruger Mk1 in .22 was a magnificent little pistol and my daughters loved plinking with it, but it had to be the biggest a**hole of a thing to reassemble after pulling it apart for cleaning.

Oh yeah, and I think that my old mate Ringo has done you an injustice...$50....that is disgusting....I'lll offer you a more realistic price....$75 aussie Oscar Scholars. Very Happy

Cheers, Vince[/quote]

Careful, Vince, on some forums that admission will get you banned for weakness of character, or some such. Sad

Not to mention that I have had similar experiences with my Mark I and II. I LOVE 'em, but they are a Royal PITA to reassemble.

That's why I use gun scrubber nowadays, or genuflect at the feet of the local gun butcher, with my gun extended in my right hand, and $$$ in my left. Works every time! Or has, so far. Very Happy

Cheapskates! I'LL go $76! Razz

Last edited by sniper on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

Spacedone wrote:
firearms are TOOLS

But Spacey.....UGLY guns have no PANACHE!! Very Happy Fencing And that being the case, how come didn't we all marry homely women? Huh?
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: am I just lucky Reply with quote

sniper wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
firearms are TOOLS

But Spacey.....UGLY guns have no PANACHE!! Very Happy Fencing And that being the case, how come didn't we all marry homely women? Huh?

OOoohhhh, I stayin' right outa that one !!!! Surprised That comment will no doubt open a Pandora's Box. Very Happy Very Happy HA HA HA

But you are right Siper....as they say: Beauty is only skin deep, but Ugly goes right to the bone. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1