Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Fishing ....
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1895ss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Yuck Yuck Yuck Fish Yuck Yuck Yuck I can not eat that crap. Yuck Yuck Yuck

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

1895ss wrote:
:yuck: Yuck Yuck Fish Yuck Yuck Yuck I can not eat that crap. Yuck Yuck Yuck

Shocked Mate, you don't know what you are missing.

A fish, cooked properly, is very very nice. You can't beat a whole fish (at least a kilo in size, the more people, the more fish), stuffed with herbs, tomato, lemon and whatever else takes your fancy, wrapped in foil and baked in its own juices either in the oven or on the barby. King or Tiger Prawns (shrimp) cooked on the barby in sesame oil. A fresh garden salad of lettuce, cherry tomatos (red and yellow), cucumber, beetroot, sliced raw mushrooms, thinly sliced orange, celery, shredded carrot and a quality Italian Salad Dressing. Put the fish on a plate in the middle of the table and everybody takes what they want. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Dinner at Vince's house Very Happy

Sounds fantastic buddy. My main fish i like to cook on the BBQ is Northern Pike just wrapped in foil with lemon wedges, a stick of butter, and old bay seasoning Cool

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

515034s10ring wrote:
Dinner at Vince's house Very Happy

Sounds fantastic buddy. My main fish i like to cook on the BBQ is Northern Pike just wrapped in foil with lemon wedges, a stick of butter, and old bay seasoning Cool

G'Day mate. We eat a lot of seafood in Australia. We have pretty well every type from cold salt water to tropical salt water, freshwater and everything in between.

I reckon the best fish we have is Barramundi:

Barramundi

They are magnificent eating. But for a really good big table fish you can't go past a nice big "knobby" Snapper:

Snapper

They look and taste magnificent when cooked up and put on the table. You can do individual small ones for one per person or get a nice big knobby and put him in the middle of the table.....awesome.

Prawns, crabs, lobsters, bugs....we have them all here and they are great.

Might have to go fishing this weekend. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Never had Barramundi......Looks as fugly as the Snapper though, but if it tastes as good Very Happy

I'm doing some rainbow trout and steelhead fishing tomorrow and Sunday.....Can't wait now Cool

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Quote::
A fish, cooked properly, is very very nice. You can't beat a whole fish (at least a kilo in size, the more people, the more fish), stuffed with herbs, tomato, lemon and whatever else takes your fancy, wrapped in foil and baked in its own juices either in the oven or on the barby

Thats about the way I do it in the oven Smile

As for Rainbow season is opening April 15th Wink I wonder if I'll get another one like last year Very Happy

Almost lost my fishing rod and reel with that one Mad It was a big one though (21in) and tasted great Cool

Dimitri

sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

You guys know why they ice fish in the Winter? "Cause that's when the water's frozen!...old Minnesota or Canadian joke, I think. Very Happy

Dallan: I am glad somebody will admit he finds the regs at Strawberry as confusing as I do, not that it does me much good.

My kid says that only high explosives could increase my luck fishing. Mad
Just see if I ever let him outfish me again! Viking
sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

[quote="shrpshtrjoe"]Howdy I use to do a lot of salt water fishing... Very Happy Very Happy
Joe

Joe: That is some fine looking bait! What do the big 'uns look like? Very Happy Razz

[img]http://www.huntingnut.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10014/normal_2003%20black%20drum.jpg?[/img]
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

While we are on the subject of fishing...Can anyone tell me how the mountain stream fishing is in the Ozarks?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

sniper wrote:
My kid says that only high explosives could increase my luck fishing. Mad
Just see if I ever let him outfish me again! Viking

Sniper outfishing him or not doesnt matter much he is enjoying fishing thats what counts Wink Kids like to rub it in that they are better then their parents Laughing

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Dimitri. ..."Kids like to rub it in that they are better then their parents"... Would you like to rephrase that, please... :wtf:over?

Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Bushmaster,

Kids like to compete with their parents. If they are better then them at something they will "rub it in" .... you know make it known to their parent they are better and constantly brag about it Laughing

I see it all the time while fishing with kids and their dads. Smile Seems to be common nowadays atleast at the places I fish Smile Sorry Bushmaster for not making it clear.

I myself dont brag about any sort of fishing Laughing or most things. I know there are older people in this world that can do what I do better Very Happy I mean I went fishing for 6 hours Sunday and only caught 2 carp. Mind you I was only fishing for 15 minutes in thouse 6 hours ROFL

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

I believe that the word "better" is the wrong word here...My children are definitely NOT "better" then me.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

Bushmaster,

Humm the only way I can think of rewording it is by saying when a kid surpasses their parents at something they like to brag about it. Confused

My brother the best fisherman I know. He has "surpassed" everyone I know when it comes to fishing. Cool He can catch fish even when no one else is even getting bites wtf

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fishing .... Reply with quote

I don't mind "out fish" Dad. But "better" then Dad? No no. No child should believe or led to believe that they are better then Dad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 5 of 6