· Comments: 86

Remington 7615 shell stripper
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Not sure if the 7600 actually had a stripper because it is for a larger round and most likely didn't need one.

Didn't think of the European market...might just have to have a look at that this afternoon.

Thanks Mac.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

might be a start: www.helmuthofmann.de/p...el7612.pdf

as for me: I don't know what a shell stripper looks like, I don't visit such places that often... Smile
MacD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Also don't just type stripper into your search engine unless you have safe seach enabled lol.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Well...I've pretty much given up on finding a shell stripper. The only outlets that might have one (apparently they too are Remington agents) will not tell me if they have any in stock and refuse to sell to me anyway...they all refer me back to the Australian Remington Agent. The worse part is they don't seem interested either.

Sooo...Remington, you have done your dash with me. I will NEVER purchase another Remington product whilst ever my ars3 points to the ground.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Well...what can I say. Remington don't appear to be overly interested in assisting with the procurement of a new shell stripper for the 7615. Following is an email my mate sent to Remington in regards to a very much less than satisfactory result from the Remington Country Shop and the Australian Agent.

Sent: Friday, 18 September 2015 8:51 PM
To: info @ remington.com
Cc: info @ shopremingtoncountry.com

Subject: FW: Parts availability - 7615P

Good evening,

I am the original owner of a Remington 7615P rifle which to date has been a good rifle and, until recently, trouble free. It has had approximately 300 rounds fired through it and unfortunately it now has a broken shell stripper (Part #F300991 - 7615 SHELL STRIPPER) which has essentially rendered the rifle unusable.

I have made numerous enquiries with local firearms retailers here in Brisbane Australia, around the country, and the Australian Remington agent to obtain a replacement part. All of these enquiries came to no fruition. However, by this stage I had become aware that the breakage of this particular part is not uncommon and the sourcing of a replacement was likely to be problematic.

On the 9th September 2015 I enquired with the info @ shopremingtoncountry.com email address in an effort to get some idea of actual availability and timeframes that I could expect. To my dismay, I received a short and somewhat curt response which essentially fobbed my questions off back to the Australian agent, who I mentioned I had already contacted in the enquiry. Additionally, there was no offer to forward my enquiry to an area or person that could provide a response nor was the person who wrote the reply identified in the response. (Enquiry and response attached below)

On the 11th September 2015, after thanking them for their response, I made another enquiry to info @ shopremingtoncountry.com in the hope of actually receiving something useful.(Attached below) It has now been over a week since that was sent and I have received no further information or contact in relation to this enquiry nor the courtesy of acknowledging its receipt.

I have also tried to enquire using your “Help Centre” to no avail as it requires mandatory information which international customers are unable to supply such as a US phone number. (Not very helpful) This thereby stops the process of submitting an enquiry via that means.

Considering that these products are currently being sold new here in Australia (and the premium prices we are expected to pay) I am now, to say the least, extremely disappointed in the whole experience from the initial breakage of the subject part after such a short round count, the lack of parts availability through no fault of the Australian agents and retailers, the lack of information that has been forthcoming and the lack of assistance in any form being offered by your organisation.

So (for the third time) can you please advise;
• if the part is actually still manufactured and available from your company?
• if the part is in stock/on hand in your parts inventory facility (ies)?
• what timeframe I could expect for the part to be dispatched to the Australian agent, given that I have been advised they have been on backorder for some time.

If you are unable to advise any of the above please forward this enquiry, in its entirety, to someone in your organisation which can. Alternatively any other suggestions on how I can get my 7615 back to working order would be appreciated as I’m just about ready to have it scrapped and never go near another Remington product again.

Kind regards

Sent: Friday, 11 September 2015 6:33 AM
To: shopinfo <info@shopremingtoncountry.com>
Subject: Re: Parts availability - 7615P

Thanks for the reply,
As per my previous enquiry, the distributor was not able to advise me of this.

Can you at least tell me whether the part is still actually manufactured, in stock and available from your company?

On 10 Sep 2015, at 23:37, shopinfo <info@shopremingtoncountry.com> wrote:
Good morning,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to that information. You will have to contact the distributor for an update.

Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 8:27 PM
To: shopinfo
Subject: Parts availability - 7615P

Hi,
I have been trying to source a part for my Remington 7615P for quite some time to no avail. I have been advised by both my local retailer and by the Australian agent (Raytrade) that they have ordered the parts but could not give me any indication of availability nor timeframes involved.

Please advise the availability and expected timeframes for delivery to Raytrade of the following part for model 7615P.
F300991 - 7615 SHELL STRIPPER

Kind regards

My mate also BCC the CEO and the Australian Agent, Raytrade. The reply, if any, should be an interesting read and will hopefully be fruitful. Luckily, I also have a mate in the NY area who, like me, is like a dog on a bone...he won't give give up the search. Hopefully something will turn up.

Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

looks like the big green is turning to pus Mate...........
keep looking one will turn up somewhere,or you may just have to fabricate another yourself.

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

How fu%&ing hard can this be?
The rifle in question is still being sold new so is still a current model.
This would be an odbudsman issue if this was a car.
As an example of customer service this is as low as snake faeces.
Email the company ceo and let rip, if no response or inadequate response
Post it on every firearms forum you can find.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
MacD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Shoddy service for sure. Thanks for sharing. Remington products just got scratched from my shopping list.

Would the part be hard to duplicate?

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

This is the part. You can see where my mate had a go at repairing it, which was unsuccessful. The part is diecast, so a repair would not be easy.

I suggested we try to get someone who is adept at casting to try to make a wax model and cast one out of bronze or something similar. Whichever way it goes, duplicating the part would not be an easy process.

img_0214[1].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  291.98 KB
 Viewed:  7897 Time(s)

img_0214[1].jpg

MacD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

I have fixed pot metal before with a special flux and silver solder. casting is probably a good option. The only other is to make it in several pieces out of brass and then get it brazed together. No wonder it is prone to breakage.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

I have silver solder and a good flux, but I'm not sure the part could be saved now with the repair already attempted.

Another option I though of this morning is to have a look for a company with a 3D metal printer and see if it can produce a part that is suitable.

MacD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

I went looking for the flux I used and found this instead. www.solder-it.com/shop...itemid=164

Perhaps you could grind off the mess with a Dremil and leaving a somwhat smaller shank on each piece. Make a joiner from expoxy putty to get the original shape back. Take it to someone who makes cast jewlery. They should be able to duplicate the part in brass or maybe even bronze and also in the original zinc. Stay way from aluminum as its oxide formed as it corrodes is very abrasive.

Good luck.

Aloysius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Vince, I would probably grind that ruined part off and replace it with a small connecting part in iron that I would glue or screw so that everything becomes functional again. When you can grind a knife, you should also be able to grind or file such a small part to replace what you grind away. There are more ways that lead to Rome... and what you cannot find, steal or buy and really want, why shouldn't you try to make it yourself?

Last edited by Aloysius on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Vince,
How did your mate try to repair this? Stick welder?
Do you get sparks if you contact it with a grinding wheel?
Magnetic?
How does runnung a file over it feel, slip off or bight in?
Silicon bronze brazng may be a possibility.
I think its time to get a gunsmith involved give total solutions engineering or Allan Swann a ring and see if they are prepared to help, or a really talented welder.
I reckon its recoverible as a pattern for casting or as you suggested 3D printing or find a good machinist and have him copy it in steel.
If the above seems a bit disjointed its because, its early and havent had the heart starting coffee and a few things have occured to me as I've been typing.
Off for coffee.
Cheers

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Remington 7615 shell stripper Reply with quote

Thanks guys. What you have suggested is pretty much what I have running through my head now anyway.

Pete, I wasn't there when my mate tried the repair...I'd hazard a guess at MIG welder being the tool of repair. I have a nice Dremel kit, so I might have to pop over and see him, get the part and clean it up with the Dremel...will also give me an opportunity to check the type of metal from which it maybe made. We have access to a mate who does TIG welding...that may be an option as well. I'm searching now for someone who does metal printing as well.

I might give Allan Swann a ring as he is a damn fine gunsmith and would be able to offer some sort of assistance. Not familiar with Total Solutions Engineering, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This is one of the things I love so much about The Nut...so many damn fine guys are more than happy to offer good constructive suggestions as solutions to problems...and warn when Suz gets the switch out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 2 of 5