Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Sounds like you had fun Vince. Smile

Now tell me dogs that have been released into the wild generally don't live long here (they don't make it past winter) do they there and thats why you have feral dogs ?? Confused

Dimitri

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Gidday 'Metrea.

Dogs that go feral here have no problems surviving in the bush. Firstly we don't have the icy, snow, freezing cold winter that you guys have and secondly, our native wildlife have no predators that even come close to dogs or cats, hence the reason both of these killers survive so well....the native animals can't defend against them.

Both have decimated our native wildlife populations to the point that some native animals have all but become extinct.

This is a big part of the reason that I get so much pleasure out of hunting both feral cats and dogs....its doing something positive for our environment.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

1895ss?? I've been called a lot of things before, but not 1895ss...What an insult...Dayam...!!

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
1895ss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

He could have called you worse like a **** ****. That would certainly be worse............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Get rid of them nasty spiders and snakes and It would be a nice place to visit. :):):)

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Now wait a minute...Crackshot...You said you like-em with "mashed potatos and gravy"

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
tracker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Vince,

Glad you had a good time, buddy

Dimitri,

Plenty of wild dogs up north where I used to live. They get loose from some of the reservations, trap lines etc. Best thing that can happen to them is they meet up with a wolf (definitely put your money on the wolf) They're more dangerous to people than wolves are because they are far more likely to attack a person.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Tracker,

Interesting to know. Smile

Dimitri

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Welcome Back Buddy. Glad ya had fun and got back safe Very Happy
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Me glad you got good time mate.
I booked for easter already and can't wait to go out and try me 45LC H&R

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
fireball 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Cool glad yer back mate . i see where ya got alot o'bunnies.out here we eat the little varmints too. yup, they can sure run. before i forget hope ya get the tape soon. lemme know what ya think. dave Razz Laughing

lone wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Tracker, same problem in northern Saskatchewan.

At least one Reserve in northern Saskatchewan has a standing $15.00 bounty on dogs roaming loose on their land. They are a lot more dangerous due to their lack of fear, sad to say at least two young children have been killed in the last year by roaming packs.
1895ss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

lone wolf wrote:
Tracker, same problem in northern Saskatchewan.

At least one Reserve in northern Saskatchewan has a standing $15.00 bounty on dogs roaming loose on their land. They are a lot more dangerous due to their lack of fear, sad to say at least two young children have been killed in the last year by roaming packs.

If I remember right they were all dogs from that reserve.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

shrpshtrjoe wrote:
Welcome Back Buddy. Glad ya had fun and got back safe Very Happy
Joe

Thanks Joe.....yep mate, I had an absolute ball. Apart from the obvious enjoyment of the hunting; the area is also beautiful. We had many beautiful native parrots flying around the camp....Eastern Rosellas, Pale Headed Rosellas, Crimson Rosellas and Red Tailed Black Cockatoos. I have never seen such a varied group of birds in one area.

I can't wait to get back there. Hopefully next time I go I'll have a digi camera to take with me.

fireball 3 wrote:
glad yer back mate . i see where ya got alot o'bunnies.out here we eat the little varmints too. yup, they can sure run.

Thanks Dave. Yep, them bunnies were faster than a blue-arsed blowfly. My mate laughed his guts out watching me trying to take them on the run with my shotgun. Reckons he hasn't seen anything as funny since Granny got her boobs catch in the Washing Machine Ringer. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

lone wolf wrote:
They are a lot more dangerous due to their lack of fear, sad to say at least two young children have been killed in the last year by roaming packs.

You are right there mate. Feral dogs have little or no fear of humans and are happy to have a go at them if they get the chance. Kids are always fair game for them. Our Dingos are the same. Contact with humans has resulted in childs deaths in the last couple of years.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
tracker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

On that bit about the wild dogs, I know a reserve in Manitoba that will pay $25 a head for any loose dog that you shoot. Buggers are quick though, you see packs of them wandering around the edges of the reserve and hear one shot and man they vanish like magic. We've had several incidents up north where children were attacked and mauled, a couple of incidents where children were killed. It's friggin sickening.

Really meant what I wrote earlier about the wolves. The wild dogs make a nice snack for them. There was a pair of old wolves that lived outside of a town I lived in years ago. The female would run through town when she was in heat and the dogs would chase after her, only to have her turn on them and meet her husband at the same time. Works for me, if you're going to keep a dog don't leave him running around half wild. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 2 of 3