Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

What is your dream hunt / animal
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleMagnum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Africa hunt for the big 5 !.....28 day's would just about do it.
BLASERMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Good thing I have asense of humor. I meant big horned sheep ,Dall sheep, Deasert Big horn and Stone Sheep.Hunting . Sounds like a voice
of experencewhen you talk sheep like that.
mikekuzara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Here in Wyoming the jokes are all about Montana Cowboys and sheep.

Why do MT Cowboys wear button fly jeans?
Because the sound of a zipper being pulled down at night sends a flock of sheep into a stampede.

My sister got her Big Horn sheep a few years ago. I still have not drawn a tag yet, or for moose either.

Maybe I should make my dream hunt actually drawing a moose and Big Horn sheep tag here in Wyoming before I start getting Social Security checks.

Set a man on fire and he is warm the rest of his life.
delboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Well Blaserman, ther was this pretty little sheep a few years back.............
I'm afraid that in England a sheep is a lamb roast on the hoof with a wooly coat and that's it. No big horns, no long horns - no horns at all in fact. Just sheep. Sad (and, of course, if you went and shot one - the farmer would likely be pretty pi**ed at you!)

7mmREMMAG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Hunting just about anything bigger then these Georgia white tail would be great (THERE NOT THAT BIG) i can dream cant i.......lol i am planing on going bear hunting this winter but even these black bears in north georgia arnt that big. Safe hunting you guys and good luck

Flint54

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Cool I've been to Alaska, filled my Elk tag on Afognak Island, Carabou in Dillingham, Black Bear near Jeanau, Black Tail Deer on Kodiak and a Moose north of Anchorage. Could have shot a Brownie numerous times out on Kodiak when I was living there but saw no reason as my #1 reason is to eat what I harvest. There is no way I'll ever even taste another piece of a Brownie (Kodiak) or any other fish eating bear in this life!!! The Natives won't even consider one unless the village its self is starving, they would rather eat their shoes!!! Shocked

I would love to go to Africa but have no desire to shoot any of the Big 5, I would really only consider a Plains Game hunt, ie. Impala, Springbuck, Gazell etc. I think a real intresting hunt would be in Argentina for Stag, Elk or similar. Cool
GroovyJack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

ha ha yeah a fish eating bear tastes like .. well fish !!! Yeah Argentina would be nice for stag , good bit cheeper than a flight to Africa ..
Jack

delboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Be a darn sight faster too Jack - a flight to Africa from where you hail from would be (to me, at least) a nightmare! As it is, it takes us 12hrs. to get there. Add on the time from where you are to England.............. s**t!! That's just too much time in a cigar tube! I love flying but HATE airline seats, especially as we can only afford 'cattle class' when we go! I always find that the seats are about 8" narrower than my shoulders, so HAVE to get a window seat so that I can lean sideways to give my better half room and spending that amount of time twisted round doesn't improve my old creaking bones one bit! Sad We thought about going business class once, then we saw the price of the tickets................

BLASERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

delboy , I am english I have relitives just outside London. My mom's
last name was Burgess. The trip I took to Africa was 13 hrs over and 18 hrs back. Your right nasty flight.
GroovyJack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Yeah my flite was pretty much the same length .. Business class is expensive .. We already priced to Cordoda Argentina with travelocity from Atlanta round trip was about $900 .. Friend wants to go for one of those no limit dove shoots ..
Jack

Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

North Arizona Elk! Thats my dream.

7mmMagnum
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

I know it would be pretty expensive to do but I'd REALLY like to go after the "Big-4" in sheep! Very Happy

Last edited by 7mmMagnum on Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
redneckhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Sad ahhh but a nice elk hunt in the mountains of colorodo or wyoming and some pheasant from kansas will fill my dreams and freezer too. been to colorodo 2 times on elk but alas no elk yet!!! Sad
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

Welcome aboard redneckhunter sit and stay a while

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
7mmMagnum
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your dream hunt / animal Reply with quote

redneckhunter wrote:
:sad: ahhh but a nice elk hunt in the mountains of colorodo or wyoming and some pheasant from kansas will fill my dreams and freezer too. been to colorodo 2 times on elk but alas no elk yet!!! Sad

Ahhh,... I know what you mean. I just returned from 3 weeks in Idaho chasin' them elusive critters. Made the mistake of passin' on a spike bull on the 1st day Shocked never did get one close enough for the rest of the time there. Sad

Will be trying it again in 2007,... I will only make that mistake 1 time in my lifetime!! Evil Devil

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 5