Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

South Dakota Mountian lions
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Some of you may be aware of the recent problems we have had in western
South Dakota with mountain lions. In an effort to prevent a real problem our State GFP instituted a hunting season on them. It seems the they have been eating peoples pets and in one case entered a home and finished off Tabby in the cellar, only to be discovered by mom when she went to do the laundry.

Well the season was set. Now it seems a group from California ( where else ) has seen fit to file a law suit to stop the hunt season. In their opinion the population is way to small to sustain hunting pressure.

Well here is my opinion. Let them assume the risk. If there is no problem then they win if there is a problem let them pay!

Why someone in California thinks they have the right to tell us how to live is beyond me. Don't they have enough problems in the land of fruits and nuts, now they have to worry about other states as well ?

longwalker
mikekuzara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

I have a compromise. South Dakota will leave the cats alone if California will take all of Wyomings grizzly bears and wolves that need to be relocated due to killing livestock etc.

Set a man on fire and he is warm the rest of his life.
longwalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Yea, thats the ticket, hows about a relocation plan for Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Sacramento.

There is plenty of food available, and a good water supply. It would bring back in balance the preditor/pray relationship. In addition property values would sky rocket think of the home listings. Beautiful urban home setting with wildlife in abundance. Bear and lion proof fenced back yard for your outdoor enjoyment.

knuckleheads !

longwalker
calsibley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

My daughter and her family live outside of Portland, Oregon, a real pretty area of the clountry. Now that Californians have screwed up their state they're starting to move out. I guess they feel no one wants to listen to them any longer, and of course they're always right. People in Oregon and Washington seem to be afraid these new California immigrants will soon be trying to run their states also. They do very well without Califaornian assistance, and I sure would like to keep it that way. At least that's the opinion I get from the locals. It's hard to imagine one state could foster so much animosity in such a short period. Just one mans opinion. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

calsibley wrote:
Now that Californians have screwed up their state they're starting to move out. I guess they feel no one wants to listen to them any longer, and of course they're always right.

They've certainly screwed up my state... I hear Idaho and Montana are the current "hotspots" they are migrating too.

-DallanC
robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

There sure are alot of Cali-foreign's showing up here in AZ.
mikekuzara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

The current idea in Wyoming is to just have California annex Jackson Hole and good riddance.

A Wyoming Cowboy, A Mexican, and a Californian were all sitting around a campfire in the woods.

The Mexican pulled a bottle of Tequila out, took a drink, then flung the bottle into the air, pulled his pistol and shot the bottle before it hit the ground.

The Californian asked him why he did that.

The Mexican replied " I am from Mexico and we have plenty of Tequila in Mexico!"

Not to be outdone, the Californian pulled a bottle of Napa Valley wine out and poured some in a cup. Then he flung the bottle into the fire. He said
" Well, I am from California, and we have plenty of wine in California"

The Wyoming Cowboy pulled a bottle of Jack Daniels out, took a long drink, jerked his pistol out and shot the Californian, and said" I am from Wyoming, and we have plenty of Californians in Wyoming."

I think the hunting community should start petitions and push to re-introduce the Grizzly Bear to California. It's on the state flag, they were once native there. I'd like to see how many bunny huggers would support that. As a famous comedian once said, it's a case of NIMBY. Not In My Back Yard.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Remember to keep the Bushmaster out of this california subject as I am a temporary Oregon transplant and I insure that the californians know it every day...I have not seen more animal idiot experts in one place in my life. The mountain lions are eating their share of city urbin joggers...I'm all for it. Run joggers run.....!!!!

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
mikekuzara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

A post card around here shows a picture of a well dressed woman with a poodle on a leash with the caption "Trolling for Mountain Lions"

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

LOL

-DallanC
longwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Up date on South Dakota Mountain Lions. The season was started on 1st of October. By the 21st, 5 breeding females had been shot. Thus ending the season. I believe 12 lions had been killed 5 of which were the breeding females. By all guestimates there are still plenty of lions to go around. However since the season ended the number of cats seen has dropped way back.

Mission accomplished.

longwalker
Irskii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

I am feeling a little un-loved here. I have been born and raised here, (unfortunatly), I would love to get away from all of these tree huggers here and let the mountain loins take what they want, they were here first. It is of great comedic value listening to the idoits that live up in the foothills complain that their pets were eaten, and then they say not to kill the loins just relocate them someplace else. (Yes somewhere into someone elses backyard). The attitude of these people in California never stops amazing.

I would kill to live in Montana, or Wyoming, but working aerospace makes this a little difficult. Anyway all of you do what ever you can to keep the Californians out, I do not want them here, but I also don't want to be pawning them off on you guys either. You all seem like decent people and don't deserve it.

Shomebigbores

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Shocked Gentlemen,

Let's go straight to the point, and start calling a spade a spade. My partner and friend lives in Bakersfield California and he just called me here in Arizona and informed me that we needed to get rid of John McCain (and we are mounting a campaign against him)

The idiots that are trying to tell the rest of us how to live are called liberals. California has more than it's share, but if you will check out Bakersfield you will find that the good old boys there harrassed the ACLU members until they shut down their office.

Our problem is simple, we don't have the time to go after these idiots because we have to work. They have too much money and too much time.

Possible solution. Each time these fools come to one of our states and file a suit, grab them and take them to the country, give them a quart of water each, a length of line, a knife, and a trenching tool..................then say goodbye and leave.

The survivors would be on our side when they got back, and the others.....................who is the member that says there is very little that can not be resolved by 700 dollars or a 30-06.

Happy Fridays Friends,

Walt

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill
mikekuzara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

A true story that I posted in the joke forum.

Sierra club and various others were attending a Wyoming Wool growers meeting to put forth the idea that instead of killing coyotes, the males could be caught and castrated.
After a minute of stunned silence one grizzled sheep rancher stood up and said "I don't think you understand the problem, the coyotes aint screwin my sheep, their eatin them!"

Shomebigbores

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: South Dakota Mountian lions Reply with quote

Laughing Mad Razz
Maybe we should check the intent of the Peta people that are filing the law suits? If they are wearing tall boots.........."?

I know we aren't supposed to propose anything illegal (I just read the rules Dallan posted) so I'll revise my proposition. Instead of snatching the dummies, we should invite them to a picknic. Once we get to the desert or mountains as the case may be, we can revert back to my previous position.

Adapt, improvise, overcome. ......}{""" let's see, where did I hear that?'][][- duty, honor, country? no, different patriot. Shocked Confused

oh well, you guys can guess.

Walt

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1