Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Coytes 3 TCKnight 0
By Popular Demand: Discussions related to Varmint Hunting
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Bitchen cat TC. For some reason I always wanted one for a 'pet'. Read a story once about a gut bringing one to a dog fight. Called him "Spot" and kept him covered up till it was on. Kinda sealed it for me...."Spot"...hehehe. Sneaky.
wiersy111

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

That is what I'd call a good kitty.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
chambered221

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Way too cool TC !!! Cool

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
tcknight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
Nice pelt!

She was spotted up really well. Very Happy
tcknight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Bitchen cat TC. For some reason I always wanted one for a 'pet'. Read a story once about a gut bringing one to a dog fight. Called him "Spot" and kept him covered up till it was on. Kinda sealed it for me...."Spot"...hehehe. Sneaky.

Knew a girl once (save the comments Chambered Confused ) who, although quite strikingly good lookin; had very little sense. So, she finds two "orphaned" bobcat kittens on her dad's farm and decides to make pets of them. Washes them in the kitchen sink and the whole bit. So, after they are up pretty big she decides they need a bath. One bit her through the wrist all the way through the bone. The other attacked her from behind as she was sitting on the floor banging the guy on her wrist against the linoleum. Scratched her up pretty good. Cats died soon therafter under suspicious circumstances.

Nope. Don't want a bobcat for a pet. James Fenimore Cooper, my alley cat, is enough for me. Have to have two colies just to keep him corraled.
chambered221

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

wtf

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Holy sh...... Shocked

I said one, not two. Wink

But either or. Point taken. The best wild pets are the stuffed kind.

Hope she recovered ok. Cat's are freakin' scary. We got Cougar out here and due to encroachment sometimes people/stuff get eaten. Sometimes cops shoot Cougar. Magnificent predators. Outdoor kitty's fer sure.
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

thats a fine looking puddy tat and the rifle looks liks a nice piece of hardware to carry round.

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

I've discovered that you can't trust an 8 pound house cat, I sure don't want to hang around anything any bigger!

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

tcknight wrote:
. Cats died soon therafter under suspicious circumstances.

I think I found one of them!

free-cat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.76 KB
 Viewed:  6001 Time(s)

free-cat.jpg

chambered221

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

ROFL Now that's what I call a good kitty !!!

~George Washington
wiersy111

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Thats hillarious! I gotta remember that one. ROFL ROFL ROFL Haha Haha Haha ROFL ROFL ROFL

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
tcknight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
tcknight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

You guys just DON'T KNOW how much you make me laugh!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
tcknight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

I have to apologize guys. I kind of forgot where I promised to give the review of the Model 7 in .17 Rem Fireball. So, I ended up with it over at Coyote Gods. So, for your review, here it is here:

I was a little worried about the lack of over the counter ammo available since I don't reload and was assured that the Remington UMC 25 grain Hornady HP would provide excellent terminal ballistics on coyote. So, I ordered some of those and picked up a box of Accutip-V 20 grain to try to determine what the gun would prefer.

So, when the gun arrived I first lightly lapped the barrel with KG-2 bore restore. Being a factory barrel, I always figure I save a lot of ammo in the break in period if I use this step first. I took the gun to the range and started the break in process. Shot once, cleaned, shot once, cleaned; for about 20 rounds. I used KG-12 to clean the copper between shots. By about the 10th or 12th round I was getting little to no copper. On the last six rounds I fired for groups and although each and every shot was out of a freshly cleaned barrel, the gun printed two very pretty .8" groups back to back. I was very impressed, especially since the only scope I had to put on it was a 6x Simmons ProHunter which has a very heavy cross hair that tended to cover my 100 yard bull's eye. I ran out of daylight and had to wait until this morning to sight in the rifle and do the load testing.

This morning I arrived at the range to find excellent sunny weather with a 3-4 mph wind from directly behind the bullet. Got settled in and began to fire 3 round groups with the UMC ammo. Boy was I impressed.

Although the UMC tended to introduce a flyer every now and then (about 1 in 12), when those groups were taken from the mix, I got an average of 0.6" grouping overall with the UMC.

Here is an example of the typical group.

The flyers, when they occurred ranged between 1" to 1.7". Not a WHOLE lot to worry about since my typical shot is less than 100 yards and maximum would be 250 yards. I can reasonably expect NOT to get a flyer on those occasional long shots but if I do, I can see some tracking in my future.

Here is a typical 3 shot group with a flyer. This particular one, the flyer was the last shot.
Rem UMC 25 grain Hornady HP (typical flyer)

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the ballistics from this gun using the UMC ammo.

I then turned my attention to the 20 grain Accutip-V. I figure (although didn't chronograph) that this bullet is flying around 200 fps less than factory since I have a 22 inch barrel. So, I would guess it is leaving the muzzle around ~3,800 fps. Regardless, my Model 7 REALLY liked these bullets. Over five three shot groups, my average group was 0.48"!

Here is an average group from the Accutip ammo: Rem Accutip-V 20 grain

More impressive was that over five three shot groups, I had NO flyers.

So, I will be, for now, using the Rem UMC ammo for my hunting round. Now to find out if it is pelt friendly.

A couple of notes about the Model 7. Someone else mentioned a feeding problem with the Model 7 in .17 Fireball. I found this to be true. There is a filler block in the magazine to fit the shorter bullet leaving little room for fingers to load the gun. The magazine is exerting pressure on the rear of the cartridge only so the tip is not being pushed up. On the first two rounds I tried to feed, both jammed. I bent the spring and didn't have any more problems although feeding was still not smooth. This is something Remington, or the aftermarket folks, really need to work on. I would be the first to buy "a fix". Also, the X-Mark Pro trigger on the Model 7 Predator is frankly, GREAT; a wonderful trigger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting
Page 3 of 5