Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Sarah Winchester
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chambered221

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

My boy watches Ghost Hunters on the SyFy channel !!!

Has anyone else ever heard the Sarah Winchester story ???

Some videos in the video gallery.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Funny I've heard of the haunted house but never knew it was built by Sarah after the death of her husband and daughter. I thought they lived there. Wish I had visited it while I was in CA. Interesting story Chamberdude.

Suz

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

The lady (with due respect for her husband) was a "LOON" in every sense of the word.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

I agree with Bushy! She was a Loon. It makes for a very interesting story, though.

Ghost hunting is one of my hobbys. I've been doing it for about 30 years. I've got all the equipment that the ghost hunters use, plus some that I've built. Very interesting hobby.

Go ahead Bushy....I've given you a lead to classify me as a loon!

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

O K Loon...

Hellooo...Where've you been? How the hell are ya? We went lookin' for you and had to give up. Worried that when you finally got rain it was just too much. Or those pigs got you....Funny...Ya still look the same.

chambered221

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

wtf Talk about ghostly things coming out of the wood work !!!

Soooo Cary.........you of the believer side of things or are you one of the ones that can explain those things that go bump in the night ???
You know......house settling, wind blowing, light reflecting off what ever !!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Cham,

I don't go for the noises or the "I've got a weird feeling" sort of thing.

Remember, I'm a scientist.

Gotta have the proof.....like photographs (my photographs...I don't trust anybodys work but mine), recordings that actually sound like conversation....or that answer direct questions, etc.

It's a fun hobby.

Bushy,

Nope, I haven't been pig-napped or mauled. I just got busy with my job and ranching. I've been expanding the ranch (getting ready for retirement...when I retire from my day job) and it's been taking up most of my time. I have to have all fences and other repairs completed by about 2 years. My goal is to sit in the coffee shop with the rest of the cowboys, drink coffee and shoot the bull (I mean ranch). That's the only way to ranch!

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Oh that'll work, Cary. Yup...It sure will. I've only got 7 acres and I can't keep up... It's those damned horses you know... Very Happy

Glad to see you are still around and kickin'.

gelandangan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Hi Cary, WB!

A ghost hunter huh! iiinterestinggg!
found any? do tell!

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Hey Gelan,

I've just been hanging around, working too hard as usual.

The other day, I asked my dear old mother.....I said "Mama, I thought that when you get old, life got easier." She squinted her eyes, shook her finger at me and said "don't you believe it" and walked off.

I don't know where I got the idea that life would get easier when I got older.......it must have been from talking to Bushy! He always gives me the impression that he's living the "life of Reily." Of course I don't make the money that Bushy makes! That might help.

For the second question.....the answer is yes. As I always say, you ain't been ghost hunting, until you been touched. That will wake your A** up!

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

First I ever heard where a pensioner made more money then a rancher/engineer. But O K. I rich!! of course it's my health that makes me rich beyond belief. Money? What's that?? Ya mean those few silver and copper coins in my pocket?

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Heck, everyone makes more money than a family farmer or rancher. The word "parity" is not even in a farmer/rancher's vocabulary. The only way a farmer/rancher could get rich is to sell his land.

Unless the Eagle-Ford Shale play is under your ranch land! Do a Google Search on that one.

Cary

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Welcome back Cary...great to see you again...really thought them pigs and javelinas had bot ya ass mate.

Don't go runnin' away agin mate without lettin' us know what ya up to and how ya goin'.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

Hey Vince,

I thought about you guys, just didn't have much time.

I'll let you know before I take my next "Walk-a-bout."

Cary

Arron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Sarah Winchester Reply with quote

I am of the opinion that until you are at a place where you are ready to "understand" and "perceive" these things, then you will simply dismiss them as settling and such as that.

Everyone here knows what happened almost six months ago.....Well at about month 3.5 I was starting to find what you could call a "Dark Place" just feeling like things would always be no good.

I work in a big ol' mean and stinky factory.....and all day it smells like oils and rust and humidity and all things in a factory with 70 years old leaky brake presses.

Well one day when I was feeling really down. When I stood at my sign-off table where I keep my build schedule. I could smell FRESH BANDAGES!!!!
If I moved just an inch it was gone! This happened for two or three days straight!!! There is absolutely NOTHING in the building that smells this way! I am positive that Cathy came to make me feel better. And also one night as I sat typing in a chat on this ol' computer. One of the boys toy computer's came on and said it's opening sounds. And I swear I heard say Adrian's name that night too! Oh and no one and I mean NO ONE was around the toy to turn it on.

And then .. just a few weeks later I met a really nice gal from the widows/ers website I joined. And we met face to face the first weekend of December. And we have been together every weekend since!

Right or wrong; I am convinced it was Cathy telling me that she was okay(the fresh bandages...she always got them when she went to the hospital and they got her well again) and that things were going to be ok.
And all I needed to do was just hang on till the bad spot passed.

These things are not a joke and are very real...you just have to be in the right frame of mind to understand them and be open to them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2