· Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Glocks & Springfield XDs
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimjim

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Crackshot wrote:
Im going to install a Lone Wolf Long Slide kit on my Glock as well.

Crackshot, I'd be interested in how different the POI is from the original barrel.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Crackshot

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

No problem Stovepipe, Just shareing my experiances with the equip. I have used.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Copy that!

Don't ferget to post some pics of the slide mod!
Crackshot

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Will do! WHEN i get it done. Its gonna be awhile right now. Gas is eating alot of our extra cash.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Yepper- it's crazy here...well over 4.50/gl in places avg. Seen it over 4.75/gl. Ca is special, we have our own foofoo blend so as not to offend the treehuggers. I think it's tainted with hemp drippin's er somesuch. I dunnow. We even got these new Bio-green mini-stations popping up for flex fuel vehicles. Unreal. Corn for cars. What's next.

I'm going out to the garagae to start my dirtbike w/ the door closed and beat on my workbench with the big plastic mallet for a while.

Same has a calming effect on me.
slimjim

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Unreal. Corn for cars.

Taking from the food chain to make fuel is "dump as dirt"!!!!

Did I tell you how I feel about this!!!!!

DUMB AS DIRT!!!!!!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Crackshot

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Gas is $4.29 gal here right now. Hell! it cost me $28.00 just to mow my yard once already Sad . And damned if it dont need it again!!! Mad Or the township will do it and charge me alot more! Mad

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
stovepipe wrote:
Unreal. Corn for cars.
Taking from the food chain to make fuel is "dump as dirt"!!!!
Did I tell you how I feel about this!!!!!
DUMB AS DIRT!!!!!!!!!

I agree 110%, we have had bio-diesel for almost 10 years here and it has not done anything to lower the prices of (Diesel) fuel. Now with the corn and soybean fed bio-diesel and gas, they lack necessary lubricants for the injector pumps (on diesels) and hence wear out pumps in less then half the time. The oil makers response is to go and buy additives to supplement the fuel. Shocked so, where is this saving money?

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
PaulS

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Wait a second guys.....
They use feed corn (animal feed) to make ethanol not the corn we eat. The leftover mash after the distilation process is used as high protein feed stock so there is very little taken from the food chain to make ethanol. The leftover liquid from the process becomes fertilizer. The only waste is the water that is used in the process and they recycle most of that.
Ethanol was used for years before gasoline was widely used - every farm in the country ran a still for both drinking liquor and to power the truck and tractor.
I am not a big fan of using corn to make ethanol but only because it is not the most efficient sugar source to make alcohol from. There are many other crops that have a higher sugar content that would produce much more alcohol per acre than corn does. Just a few are beets, outdated candy, cane, apples (water core apples are typically dumped and rot) and pears.
Alcohol is a really good fuel for cars - it allows very high compression (13 - 14:1) and makes more power per pound than gasoline. At the high compression ratios it is as economical as gasoline as far as MPG are concerned. Alcohol gan be used in IC engines other than diesels, most aircraft reciprocating and turbine engines and trains. It is a zero carbon foot-print fuel and has the ability to get us closer to not needing to import oil for transportation uses. The by-products are good animal feed and high quality fertilizer (which also depend on imported oil right now).
If we quit trying to feed the world with cheap wheat (our surplus) and planted fuel crops instead of paying farmers not to plant crops we might be able to produce as much as 25-30% of our fuel needs in as little as 5 years.
It is not the total answer by any means but it is a good alternative. The best part is that with a free license from the BATFE you can distill your own up to 10000 gallons a year without having to denature it. That's enough alcohol to power two cars and have a bit to drink left over. Smile

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

It's the land/resources devoted to growing fuel instead of food- not the product.

Alcohol has a low yeild energy wise- takes twice as much to get the same BHP as gasoline. Higher comp ratios = more NOX. Had a test bike, Honda CR500, it was jetted for alcohol, to get the correct stoichiometric ratio it required almost twice as much fuel to keep it from burning up. It goes half as far on twice as much. Also- mainting fuel systems that run straight ethanol are a nightmare. Alcohol burners suck. There's nothing green about them or their infrastructure. Fun in supercharged drag engines but that's about it.

Bio-fuels are a crack-up. So is bio-deisel. Now THERE'S a knee slapper. Just cuz yer burned out 300 D Mercedes smells like french fries don't mean it's green cuz it aint. It's the dirtiest of dirty's. Now take that POS german smoker to the dump you dusty old hatin' hippie.

Short of hydrogen, burning something is really dirty no matter how you dress it up- simple fat of life. A flame is a flame. And Hybrids are a freaking bad and expensive joke. Batmod's last about 3 years then dump- now what do I do with a 150# cell fulla flashlight batteries? Yeh- that's GREEN. So are some of the factories that make them batteries. Plug in cars? Right. let's shift the load from the pump to a generating station and an overloaded grid- don't know about you but I'm getting a little tired of brown outs every summer. And plug in cars make that better how???? Yeh right! Wake up people!

Gasoline is an excellent fuel source, it's been refined to death and when you look at the big picture it pollutes less from cradel to grave than anything else. And- the barrel of crude it came from gets used- ALL of it. There's almost ZERO waste. If Obammy would let us start drilling again we'd have more of it. We have how many years of refining petroleum products experience? Our cars are now more effecient than ever and get outstanding mileage and even more is on the way. That's if the Govt will let us do more with this stuff before it's illegal to breathe in this communist regime run State we call America anymore.

This whole GREEN movement is a bunch of bullsht and most now know it- from the crooked people that lead it and even moreso- to the idiots that follow it. Total bullsht. If you live responsibly then that's about as good as it's going to get. We are HUMANS, this is OUR planet, we were put here to use it's resources- they are for US, not the Green Fairy we are supposed to be saving it all for, according to some Al Gore followers. Get over it World. Dont be a gross polluter- duh! But, use your resources wisely and responsibly.

To think one can live with Zero Footprint is absolutely laughable and not true. The farther removed you get from technology the more cabon dependant you become and your carbon foot print gets even bigger. Do the math and check out history, how many trees are left in England?

Time to WAKE THE HECK UP PEOPLE!!!!!
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

PaulS, you must be getting your slant from the Ethanol media play book. Have you talked to pig farmers? They aren't happy as this Ethanol effort has raised the cost of the feed, made it harder to come by, and raised the price of meat on our table. Have you talked to engine mechanics? It messes up fuel systems. Special materials are need to use it and small engines are having real problems. I can't keep a weed-eater running more than a year or two without replacing the carb and fuel system. 3 out of my 5 yard tools didn't make it a year. Auto fuel mileage is worse. We don't have super high compression engines. After 30 days, ethanol starts loosing its punch. They have to mix it with 15% gas just so people don't drink it. Stop E-85 production and food prices would go down!

DUMB AS DIRT!!!!

Crackshot

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Some days I wonder if the amish aint got the right idea, as far as the horse and buggy... Sad

Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

I think ethanol is dangerous too in a country with so many CCW's. Brasil is using ethanolcars for a long time now, but when you hear their sound now and then, I think a lot of you would shoot back.
Maybe that's the real reason why Calif....
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

STOP REMINDING ME I LIVE HERE.

Hi Alo! Wave
BigBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Glocks & Springfield XDs Reply with quote

Can't add much to the alternative fuel discussion, but I have heard that there have been a few recalls on Gen. 4 Glocks. Just heard that Oakland CA. PD had reissued their Gen. 3 Glocks after several problems arose with their newly issued Gen. 4 40s or 9s depending on which report is correct.
www.ktvu.com/news/2797...etail.html
abclocal.go.com/kgo/st...id=8143437
I'd stick with the Gen. 3 for now.
Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 2 of 3