They don't want to take our guns, honest!
-> General

#1: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am
    ----
An interesting collection of quotes

coldservings.livejourn...51731.html

#2: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:22 am
    ----
And that my Nth American friends is the truth.
Proving once again that any time a politician is moving its lips its lying.
Bread and circus's and a death by a thousand cuts, thats how they work.
Vote the scum OUT, its the only other agenda they care about, their nose in the trough of public money.
Pissem off.

#3: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
And that my Nth American friends is the truth.
Proving once again that any time a politician is moving its lips its lying.
Bread and circus's and a death by a thousand cuts, thats how they work.
Vote the scum OUT, its the only other agenda they care about, their nose in the trough of public money.
Pissem off.

I agree 1000% Pete. They bend to the wishes of whoever is "smokin' the pole" at any time.

Not sure about politics in the US...but can anybody "throw their hat in the ring" as an independent as they can out here in Australia? Or, do they have to be a member of the Democrats or Republicans and be sanctioned by them to run for office?

The way I'm looking at it, the only way the ANTIs will ever be controlled is by the legal firearms owners of America forming a Firearms Party to take a majority of seats in Government so that they can be heard and be able to control their own destiny. This way they will not have to rely on the whim of others who have an agenda.

I can also "see" attempts in the not too distant future by the US Govt (or some members of it) to amend the Constitution and either repeal or amend the Second Amendment. The Constitution was signed with the stroke of a pen...amendments can be attempted using the same tool. I understand that it is very difficult to do this, but then again, it seems that Whammy Obammy and some parts of this Govt don't give a rats ar$3 about the legalities that protect the Constitution and it's Amendments and are happy to do as they please, when they please...and to hell with the citizens, or anybody who disagrees with them.

#4: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm
    ----
interesting that most of those quotes are very old. only one this century???
maybe its just as well a more up to date list isnt there.
you guys will have to stand up for yourselves and your kids rights or you too will loose them.

#5: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:21 pm
    ----
The quotes are older but the same people are still playing the game.

One of my favorites is "Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe." Senator Diane Feinstein, 1993.

How in the hell could I feel safe if I couldn't defend my family?

Last edited by Pumpkinslinger on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 pm
    ----
Won't be able to change the Constitution's Second Amendment anytime soon Vince.
It takes two thirds of the Senate and two thirds of the States to ratify. Even though King Obama won the election, the Red States far out number blue states. Even Minnesota where I live, being a blue state has more NRA members and gun owners than any other.

This won't happen unless the "King" finds a way to go "executive order" on us peons again.

Eric

#7: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am
    ----
Please remember that the Second Amendment is a restriction on the Federal govt. It does NOT "give" us the right to be armed, it only recognizes that we ALREADY have that right. This is what we need to keep reminding our fellow citizens and especially our employees in govt.

#8: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 am
    ----
Eric...the point I was making mate is that Whammy Obammy doesn't give a damn about anything other than what he wants to do. If he wants to make an Executive Order, he will, and then maybe worry about the ramifications later. However, once a law is in place, it is a lot harder to have it removed than it would have been to stop it being put in place. Also, if they have started collecting guns...and doing what they do here, crushing them on the spot, them you have lost your firearms and then you would have o take on the might of the Govt for compensation or to have them replaced.

Last edited by Vince on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: They don't want to take our guns, honest! Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm
    ----
You are spot on Vince.
I have never been a paranoid person, but I have concerns that Obama and his henchmen will do anything to take our rights away.
I won't even post a gun that I want to sell on any gun auctions site because I don't trust the government not to take my name down as a gun owner.
It is real sad, but with this guy in office I have to live this way.
You Aussies have had your rights taken away from you and you speak from experience.

Eric

-> General