Put you guys to work
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> General

#46: Re: Put you guys to work Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:27 pm
    ----
I made some furrows for corn today shooting some 405grn jacketed and some Oregon Laser Cast with the same loading of 36.5grn IMR-4198. I thought it went quite well, I'm pleased with the results although it doesn't seem like 1533fps is much till you feel it on your shoulder and it leaves a very nice ditch out past the target. I had good grouping at 50yds with the jacketed bullets and then I adjusted the scope up about 2 inches and shot the cast bullets. Jacketed bullets were tighter than the cast, but that coulda been me too.

Don't know how well you can see it but I circled the jacketed bullet holes, then (as i said) I raised the point of impact on the scope and shot the cast bullets, they're spread out but still not a bad grouping, probably a couple flyers in there.

#47: Re: Put you guys to work Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 pm
    ----
that would be one very very dead deer,elk,boar,buffalo,grizzly bear!!!!
great work that lady.

#48: Re: Put you guys to work Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 pm
    ----
Good shooting there Suz.

#49: Re: Put you guys to work Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 pm
    ----
There you go Suz! Aren't those Marlin .45-70s fun!

#50: Re: Put you guys to work Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 pm
    ----
I'm with Elvis Suz. Those shots are ALL well within "Minute of Critter". Well done mate.

#51: Re: Put you guys to work Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:30 am
    ----
Yeah!!

BLOOOMMPFTH !!!

#52: Re: Put you guys to work Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm
    ----
I haveta say bullets this size are scary to me, before I went out the other day I re-examined my loadings and pulled some bullets. Glad I did, I was about to shoot some very high end loads. I got caught up in the various loading manuals, they're so far off from each other, I decided instead to go with the Lyman cast bullet loadings for both the cast and the jackted bullets. Seems it's ok. I had written down and loaded a starting point of 45grns (can't even find where i got that from now). Pulled those loads and changed them to 36.5grns....man that woulda been trouble otherwise. I think I need a slapping sometimes but not like that. Anyways thanks for the compliments, I'll be recharging the beer cooler soon guys so get ready! Vinnie you got any left-overs or ice to donate?

bent
down-under
Suz

#53: Re: Put you guys to work Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 pm
    ----
if you want some ice best you be asking our Canadian members. it seems they have it in spades....

#54: Re: Put you guys to work Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 am
    ----
Elvis wrote:
if you want some ice best you be asking our Canadian members. it seems they have it in spades....

Elvis ,,all that global warming don't ya know /s Cheers

#55: Re: Put you guys to work Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:39 am
    ----
Looks like you will put food on the table , Suz!!

#56: Re: Put you guys to work Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 pm
    ----
Suzanne wrote:
I had written down and loaded a starting point of 45grns (can't even find where i got that from now). Pulled those loads and changed them to 36.5grns....man that woulda been trouble otherwise.

Good catch Suz, those loads of Imr 4198 are for the Ruger #1 and #3 rifle, although the Marlin action is strong, I don't think I want to be testing them loads in anything besides a Ruger. Smile

#57: Re: Put you guys to work Author: TRBLSHTRLocation: Lower 48's-left coast(near portlandia) PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm
    ----
Shocked Web Page Name45-70 longggggggggggggg range

Here ya go Suz-Now some respect for your old timey lead chunker! It is an eye opener!

-> General