Sick and tired!!!!!!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 pm
    ----
Well once again I have received a kick in the teeth because of our great political system. Because of this stupid a@@ sequester I lose my job on the 30th of April. I am sure I will find another job but the way they did it is BS. There are 6 Mobile Tank and Bradley simulator sets around the nation. The set in California has been cut but that was not a surprise. The set in Tennessee was also cut along with Minnesota. The decision was made by politicians, not by common sense. The customer service provided by us at the Minnesota CCTT was know nation wide. We have units asking specifically for us to provide there training even if they have a site closer to them. I love doing this job and the group of people I work with are the best in the business. I will hopefully get get another job with in the same company, but that will require a relocation. I lost my job but the bigger effect is the fact that our soldiers are now losing a training tool that can make a huge impact on the decisions they will be required to make on the battle field. This administration is driving our country right straight to he!!. So my near term plan is to use my unemployment while I search for a new job. I will continue to work toward my Bachelors degree, now I can devote more time to school and become a full time student. Once my GI Bill runs out I still have benefits through the VA. Some how things will work out but its hard to see right now.

#2: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm
    ----
Damm, sorry to hear about your job Wiersy. Best wishes to finding a new one asap.

#3: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:49 pm
    ----
Sorry about the bad news buddy.
Politicians are pretty much lost when it comes to common sense.

You should come over to my Club and shoot sometime, just to get away from things.
Starting April 4th I will have my Pistol Leagues running every Thursday from 2:00pm-7:30pm

If you can make it any other time, send me a pm and I will work it out so we can spend an afternoon shooting.
Also, the coffee is always on at my house.

Good luck on your job search, and I hope to hear from you.

Eric

#4: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm
    ----
BUGGER !!! That is just plain nasty Weirsay. Bloody politicians...there should be a bounty on them. I'll lay odds not a single politician or senior public servant is in line for a job cut...no way they would do that to themselves.

Hang in there buddy...you are a survivor...something good will come your way mate, and probably when you least expect it too.

#5: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear that Weirsy.

I hope you get a good new job mate.
Politicians are ar5eholes but somehow they are charming enough to be elected.

#6: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 am
    ----
the silver lining will be there somewhere dude just hang in there and keep looking. Im sure you will fall on your feet.

#7: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 am
    ----
Weirs!!! Cryin shame!!
Sorry for that horrible news, I bet they'll find a way to take care of you tho. You probably don't think so, but I hope they do, they'll be missing you.

#8: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 am
    ----
Thanks every one. I am sure I will find something, it's the fact that I love training the troops in the simulators and because of the head moron not only do we lose our lobs but the troops lose a great asset.

#9: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear that Wiersy, for a couple reasons. One, because YOU lost a job. Two, becauseof the reason you mentioned, our troops losing training opportunities. I'm still trying to figure out why the govt lost less than 3% of its "budget" but the military seems to be taking ALL of the hits. This administration is carefully selecting where to inflict cuts to get the biggest bang out of the media.

#10: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: chambered221Location: Lost for good !!! PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm
    ----
It's no secret, if they had their way they'd gut the military in a heartbeat !!!
The sad part is the sequester only cuts the growth of spending not the base itself. In other words the cuts to programs that are taking place now are needless and unwarranted.

So sorry man !!! Wish you the best and hope you find something fast.

#11: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 am
    ----
That's not good news man.
I hope all goes well with you.
The sad fact is the USA is into hock up to its eyeballs, their answer is to raise the debt level.
The only way out is an austerity move that makes Greece's current predictument seem like a picnic, and they won't do that, so they do window dressing that won't effect their pay or conditions or kick off a civil war.

#12: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 am
    ----
That sux, hope a new job is on the horizon. Actually going back and learning isn't such a bad thing.
Hope it all works out for the best.

#13: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: dust54Location: Gurley, AL PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:35 am
    ----
wiersy111, sorry to hear you are losing your job to the cuts. Look at it this way, IF you have to relocate you may relocate to a more gun friendly state/area. Be selective if you relocate, Alabama Sheriffs are gun friendly for the most part.

#14: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:43 pm
    ----
Sorry to here the news, stay positive and it will come

#15: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 pm
    ----
I guess it is my turn to ride the system. I am going to take my unemployment and work on finishing my bachelors degree while I wait for something to come along. Supposedly there is going to be a set of simulators in Boise ID sometime in the future, if they finally get there I am going to pull in as many favors as I can to hopefully get a job out there. Its a long move but I can live out there.

-> General