Sick and tired!!!!!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm
    ----
good on you bud. you have worked long enough that the tax payer SHOULD carry you for awhile. something will come along and you will be just fine n dandy.

#17: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57 am
    ----
I'm truly sorry to hear of your job loss. I can't imagine how much that would impact my life.
Instead of going to the trouble of finding out where they could cut waste, the government did their best to negatively impact as many lives as they could over the sequestration. Cuts in spending had to be made, but they didn't have to come from successful or necessary programs. Obama wanted to prove he needs another tax hike, so he hurt as many people as he could with the sequestration. When he wanted to find money to fund Obamacare, he had no trouble finding waste in the medicare and medicaid system to do it. The more of us that he makes dependent on big government, the more votes his big government party gets.

#18: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: dan1dadLocation: St.Louis Missery PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm
    ----
sorry to hear about the job loss. I would hope someone with you specialized talent would find something soon. I know I have 6 close relatives who all receive paychecks due to the government , and everyone of them were worried about this too. So far they are still safe because they are mostly on state levels , but the fed feed bag takes care of a lot of state funding as well. Just don't understand it, in this day and age with people being laid off right and left, and our Gov has let more people go in the last 4 years than any other time in the past 20 years, adding to the unemployment numbers. I guess like in the private sector, when people scream for cutting the budget, the workers are always the ones to get cut. Hopefully they will get things fixed before to long and you unemployment will just be temporary. But its a sure sign that nothing at all is a guaranteed job anymore. Not even the holy grail of working for the government.

#19: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm
    ----
There maybe a slight glimmer of hope for my job. If those bonehead politicians pass the continuation next week we will continue to operate for however long the continuation is.

OR we have a Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle set and a Tank set, I operate on both sets. They may keep the Tank set running through July.

There are two possible ways to decide who stays on to operate the Tank set, 1- is the traditional seniority i happen to be lowest ranked operator 2 - for contractual purposes each of us is assigned to one set or the other, I am assigned to the Tank set.

OR another possibility is that we are laid off until October (the new fiscal year).

And of course we may be out of a job. There is simply no credible information at all right now. All the company emails and normal information has dried up, I haven't gotten a single email all week.

I have already talked to some influential people on the company side and military side letting them know if I loose my job here in Minnesota that I would like to have the opportunity to relocate to Boise Idaho when they field their Tank and Bradley sets.

#20: Re: Sick and tired!!!!!!! Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 pm
    ----
Good luck mate...I really hope that everything pans out for you. By showing them you are prepared to compromise with a move to Boise, they may see that as you being an employee well worth hanging onto.

-> General