Fishing Tackle box
-> General

#1: Fishing Tackle box Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:37 pm
    ----
I'm looking for a tackle box, I'd prefer soft side but thats not required. We only have freshwater to fish so salt isnt a concern.

What I do need though is flat pockets to organize dodgers and flashers (I primarily use 4.5" though 6" blades). I've kicked around the idea of buying a CD music case to store my blades in, might still be an option.

I'd also like something to keep lures with leaders better organized... either something to string them across to avoid tangles, or keep them wound up in smaller pockets seperate pockets. Typically my lures are 2-3" with 12-14" of leader (I fish them close to the dodgers). Right now I wrap my lures around pieces of foam pipe insulation, and might continue to do so and just store those in the bottom of the box. Not sure yet.

I dislike plastic trays for lures as they get scuffed up more when rattling around than in something soft.

I know we have a few fisherman here and maybe someone has something similar they use to organize gear?

-DallanC

#2: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 pm
    ----
Sheesh all I've got is an old metal tackle box my Grandpa gave me, try and find one now. I'd love a new one but all you can find are plastic ones. It seems all the cloth ones have way too many useless cloth compartments, or way too many super small plastic compartments. That's a tough one Dallan!

#3: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am
    ----
my fly fishing vest has about 15 compartments, I straight away think of darts cases with your discription.

#4: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: GrumulkinLocation: Central Ohio PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 am
    ----
The tackle box I'm using is a large Plano box I bought with Blue Chip stamps around 1974. It still fulfills my needs. I still have the metal tackle box I bought probably around 1965 but it now is used to store saw blades and other stuff.

My advice would be to go to a Cabela's store or look on their web site for what is available but there is no need to buy from them if the price isn't right.

#5: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm
    ----
I use one of these ... www.flambeauoutdoors.c...DERS&i=T5P

Lots of space and pretty organizable the way they stacked their organizing boxes even if you wanted to use other containers for your baits.

I did the normal tacklebox, the soft sided ones, but ended up going to this, my baits are much more organized today then they ever have been.

I use the little 2003 sizes to store different selections, and I grab the 2-3 I need for a fishing trip as I head out, I don't typically take the entire box. Mainly the 2003 size because they fit perfectly in my vest found that out after I bought the box, so it was win-win for me.

Dimitri

#6: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 pm
    ----
Very similar to the one of the Plano products we get out here 'Mitri.

#7: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 am
    ----
Yup Vince, Plano and Flambeau make nearly identical styles of products.

I actually made the mistake of searching the Plano website first for my box before realizing it's on the Flambeau site. The joys of not fishing all winter and forgetting I guess. Laughing

Dimitri

#8: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 am
    ----
I must admit, I do like the look of the Plano product...but unfortunately it is not what Dallan is looking for in a fishing box.

#9: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:56 pm
    ----
I stumbled across this, seems like its exactly what i want for dodger organization... holds them in a nice neat order, folds up to fit in a normal tackle box. Very cheap too! Just wanted to share.

www.fishtimetackle.com...tml#wallet

-DallanC

#10: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm
    ----
looks great. now that Ive seen it I think of a credit card wallet!!!

#11: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:33 am
    ----
Looks good Dallan...very efficient.

#12: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:53 am
    ----
Thanks, I have accumulated about a dozen and a half of these types of dodgers in various colors. When not in use, if they arent held tight with something between them vibrations seem to scuff them up when trailering or out in waves.

I'd rather keep them in their own pockets for protection and organization purposes. I like this simple yet cheap method, pretty pleased as it seems to work with any tackle box I might be using.

-DallanC

#13: Re: Fishing Tackle box Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm
    ----
Glad to hear that Dallan

Dimitri

-> General