A knife for hunting permission
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 am
    ----
fresh venison heart fried lightly in butter between 2 slices of toast sliced white bread really squeels my wheels...better than even backsteak and on par with the eyesteaks normally devoured the same way.

#17: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:48 am
    ----
Dam Elvis, that sounds yummy..
I will have to try that, the next time I did not destroy the heart.
would lit not be a bit chewy?

#18: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 am
    ----
Geland, organs are not so friendly for urinic acid levels... watch your feeth or they will call you!

#19: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 am
    ----
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokoretsi

Dimitri

#20: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Geland, organs are not so friendly for urinic acid levels... watch your feeth or they will call you!
Sad oooo dont remind me Ive got the gout police on my back as it is Sad cant look at a beer with out getting a flea in the ear Mad I dont need you to nag me too Very Happy

Last edited by Elvis on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

#21: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
Dam Elvis, that sounds yummy..
I will have to try that, the next time I did not destroy the heart.
would lit not be a bit chewy?
not chewy at all,just make sure the bread is fresh or it will be harder than the meat, Very Happy the thick end of the heard is grissle so slice that bit off its got the fatty bits too, so the health/colesterol police will be happy. slice the rest into pieces about 1/4"-1/2" thick and your good to go photos of it cooking on here somewhere.

#22: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:35 am
    ----
I used to eat sweetbreads and heart but only because my momma made me. Never tried venison heart. Mom used to boil heart, then slice it into sandwich slices. My folks love pickled heart. Sweetbreads were pan fried like chicken. The more crunch the better, as they have a mild liver flavor to me, never liked either one, but I ate them cause Mom said so. Actually your doctor will tell you not to eat organs if your cholesterol level is high. I guess some contain a lot of toxins too (liver for instance). If I had my choice I'd go for heart, it's used quite a bit in Mexican food too and I pretty much grew up eating south of the border food.

#23: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:58 am
    ----
What about the old Mountain Oysters Elvis...you into them as well mate? I've heard that they are actually quite tasty fried on the BBQ.

#24: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
What about the old Mountain Oysters Elvis...you into them as well mate? I've heard that they are actually quite tasty fried on the BBQ.

They are like eating a juicy, fatty piece of meat. With more flavor then a steak. There is a reason they fetch a $70+ a plate price tag.

Dimitri

#25: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:23 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
I havent been that hungry yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#26: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 am
    ----
LOL.. just googled up that one..
it is a delicacy in Indonesia.. I haven't try them yet tho Embarassed

#27: Re: A knife for hunting permission Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:18 am
    ----
. Par-boil the heart and tongue with onions ,bell pepper,a lil garlic,then drain and let set over nite. The original cold cuts..........
. As for the balls,down here in the land of DIXIE , flour and deep fry , gives a nice creamy butter flavor ;).....and don't forget to skin the outer sack off , makes them kind'a hard to chew. Cheers

Elvis maybe you could saute the heart down with some cherry juice, just a thought, Cheers Cheers

-> Spam-O-Rama