Getting ready
-> Small Game Hunting

#1: Getting ready Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm
    ----
Got out the retriever dummy today. My faithfull puppy dog was really excited to see that. We are now both anxiously waiting for the Mountain Grouse season to open this August 30th. Not sure what the bird situation is this year, but we will be out there nonetheless. The old 20 ga. is now on standby. Very Happy

#2: Re: Getting ready Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 pm
    ----
Good to hear your ready to go, heard about all them wildfires out west, scary.

#3: Re: Getting ready Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm
    ----
Now that is one happy looking mutley Moose...and once again, your photog skills are showing.

Keep the 20g ready mate...the birds will come.

#4: Re: Getting ready Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:22 pm
    ----
thanks for sharing another great picture moose2. Best wishes as your hunting season opens. I'm scrampling to get my 6.8mm AR configured and handloads tuned for autumn harvest.

#5: Re: Getting ready Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am
    ----
that is one glossy coat!! you must be looking after her well.

#6: Re: Getting ready Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 pm
    ----
I don't know - he's feeding her rubber pheasants!
Maybe the plastic and rubber come out on her coat?

#7: Re: Getting ready Author: moose2Location: North Idaho PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 am
    ----
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Summers are OK, but fall is what we really look forward to. Her coat really does look nice. She gets brushed alot, and the daily table spoon of vegetable oil on her nuggets really reduces the amount of shedding as well as giving a nice sheen to her coat. Very Happy

-> Small Game Hunting