After a bit of patience...
-> Photography / TrailCameras

#1: After a bit of patience... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:20 am
    ----
Received this email from Aloys this morning...

Vince,

I finally got my first fox in a trap this morning. Sorry I only took pictures after I tried my BSA Scorpion airrifle on him, but I was afraid he still could manage to escape...

A nice trick to end the year Smile

Aloys

#2: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 am
    ----
Hey good one Aloys! You tricked him but you didn't even camouflage the trap, you must have some nice smelly bait. Aloys, I have to ask.....why the photo of his .............thingy.

Suz

#3: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:50 am
    ----
Vince, you're just a magician with pictures...
I only hope the 4-th picture doesn't turn Suz on too much, still don't know how her Jon would react Smile

By the way: this proves that such trap can help...
with rather young (stupid) foxes...

EDIT: Suz, that was only for me to remember it was a male fox, but somehow that picture also travelled to the other site of the world to return on the other site of the big water...
solly

#4: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:49 am
    ----
Suz...That means it's Vince's fault. Blame him.

#5: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:03 pm
    ----
great work you have out foxed a fox!!!
I wonder if it will catch again straight away??? it often happens with possoms as the trap is scented up from previous catch.

#6: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:39 pm
    ----
That is a good trap Aloy, did you built it?

#7: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 am
    ----
Geland, this one is bought, it costed 160 euro and I never believed I could catch a fox with it. I've built others myself, but most are a little smaller (as for cats). But I'm sure I'm going to built some even a little bit bigger than this example.
I tried an egg as bait because I expected something else, I had seen eyes in the dark you know. Eggs didn't work. So I added the innerparts of some doves (as I'm shooting doves right behind my house and with this steel shot I'm certain I cannot harvest everything that's hit, so there bait lying around)...
and then I waited, never came near that trap again, just looked at it from my kitchen using binocles.
I think I found the system now.
This is the second catch on that spot. The first one had the same size, but not the same colour (because it was not a fox Smile )
And yes Elvis. I shot some doves yesterday and the trap is on again.

By the way: season for female and roekits starts today. As from this year we have new openings, now from 1/01 till March 31. Just hope that poachers didn't kill them all...

#8: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 am
    ----
I replied to Aloys email...

Well done mate...good catch. His skin looks ok...should be worth tanning if
you can do it mate.

His reply explains the reasons for trapping foxes...

I'm not tanning the hides. I don't like furs that much, they always are a source of dust in the house.
And skinning a fox? This one is collected to examine for trychine and "vossenlintworm" (Echinococcus multilocularis) Trychine for the pig management in our country and the other one is rather nasty for human beings, these wurms start growing in the liver and most of the time are discovered too late to allow recovering. So you'll die in 6-7 years once you get contaminated.
So you'll understand that foxes are not my best friends...
and when you look at his head, don't you think it's too short to be normal?
Here foxes are a symbol for the greenies and we are sure they do a lot of tricks to get more foxes in our fields...

Aloys

The Echinococcus multilocularis is a nasty piece of work.

Echinococcus multilocularis

#9: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:41 am
    ----
Chal, this is not the best reply you could make, it smells like spam and/or bot....

#10: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 am
    ----
Aah...He's trying to emulate you, Aloysius. He loves you...

#11: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:47 pm
    ----
Hmmm...yes, I was thinking the same Bushy. I thought I would leave it a day or so to see if there is a follow-up, but I am starting to think "he" may be a SPAMMER.

#12: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:12 pm
    ----
I missed it!! I love a good bot......what did he say?

Suz

#13: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:00 am
    ----
It could be that he admired "Repete"...

so Suz you didn't miss that much

and when you still feel upset: curiosity is a female vice... Smile

#14: Re: After a bit of patience... Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Chal, this is not the best reply you could make, it smells like spam and/or bot....

I deleted his post and sent the IP address to Dallan so he can ban the spam/bot. Smile

-> Photography / TrailCameras