Two line poetry
-> Jokes & Humor

#1: Two line poetry Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:37 am
    ----
Parental Advisory

THESE ARE ENTRIES TO A WASHINGTON POST COMPETITION ASKING FOR A TWO-LINE RHYME
WITH THE MOST ROMANTIC FIRST LINE,
AND THE LEAST ROMANTIC SECOND LINE:

1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you has screwed up my life. Confused

2. I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming. scared

3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not. Blah

4. Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only went with you 'cause I was p1ssed. Wink

5. I thought that I could love no other
-- that is until I met your brother. Embarassed Yuck

6. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head. Bonk

7. I want to feel your sweet embrace;
But don't take that paper bag off your face. Viking

8. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies! Argue

9. My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way? Yuck

10. My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe 'Go to hell.' Evil Devil

11. What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime. Cheers

WHO SAID POETRY IS BORING?

#2: Re: Two line poetry Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:47 pm
    ----
Awww Vince romantic becomes you. Very Happy

#3: Re: Two line poetry Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 pm
    ----
classic Mate...classic.

#4: Re: Two line poetry Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 am
    ----
I can relate to some of those. Cheers Evil or Very Mad Cheers

#5: Re: Two line poetry Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:50 pm
    ----
So how did the poetry reading for your wife go?

Got back into the airconditioning yet?

#6: Re: Two line poetry Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:45 pm
    ----
No poetry for my SWMBO...not game mate. scared

Air Con...oh, I wish. Spent last Saturday at the shopping Centre...sat in the back of the Food Court and read a book. Today isn't much better, but I have things I have to do at home. It's been 35*C (95*F) inside and when I took the thermometer outside, into my shaded pergola, the temp went up to 46*C (115*F) in the shade. I'd hate to be out your way mate...it is even hotter.

Fortunately we have a thunder storm headed this way, so I am hoping within an hour or so things will be significantly cooler. Might even sit out in the rain in a pair of shorts with a nice cold beer. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Cheers

#7: Re: Two line poetry Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:26 pm
    ----
yip that is an awesome idea mate. did that last year under the lawn sprinkler. kids looked at me like I was cookoo.

#8: Re: Two line poetry Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:59 pm
    ----
Yesterday it was a bit hot in Sydney, but today we have a balmy 25 C .. and the forecast would be below 25 for the rest of the week too..
Yeah!!

#9: Re: Two line poetry Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 am
    ----
Cooled down nicely outside now.. I got out into the rain, but no beer...had a ball chasing my 2 yr old granddaughter around...she loved the rain.

Beer will come later.

#10: Re: Two line poetry Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 am
    ----
Nat read them and loved the poetry Vince but she does suggest you try your hand at something elseā€¦...

-> Jokes & Humor