The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: slots918 PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:39 pm
    ----
The good part is I applied online and game and fish just took out the money

Very Happy Very Happy Party Party

the bad is I don't know what area for 2 weeks (I put in for 5 different areas and hunts) Sad

the ugly is I have to wait for October or November before I can go hunting

Guess 'll have to do numerous scouting trip this summer and fall

Party Party

#2: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:31 pm
    ----
We'll be waiting for updates and pictures!

#3: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:52 pm
    ----
We put in for our state draws in Feb, don't find out until late May!

My wife stands a +90% chance to draw a Rocky Mountain Goat tag this year. Already scheduled time off from work just in case. Smile

Anyway good luck on your draw, hope you get the tag you want.

-DallanC

#4: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 pm
    ----
Good luck with the draws Slots and Dallan...I'm sure glad I don't have to contend with them over here...YET.

#5: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: slots918 PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:35 am
    ----
Happy Birthday to me

Az Game and Fish decided to tell me I got drawn #9 for early cow elk in game unit 5A.

So I get to spend the summer camping (scouting) at 7 to 8,000 ft elevation with temps in the 70s instead of home with temps over 100.

Hope it rains before they close the forest

#6: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 pm
    ----
Congrats slots918.

#7: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 pm
    ----
Misc
Awesome!

Good luck Slots!!

#8: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: 44martyLocation: Cheshire, MA; USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:16 am
    ----
NICE Slots !!! pray for rain.

#9: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:06 am
    ----
Great stuff Slots...good luck with your pending hunt mate.

#10: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 am
    ----
Yeow it's already predicted to be 100 in Phoenix. My advice get the most elevation you can or find some great canyons to scout cause I bet it's gonna be hot anyway you look at it. (IF they don't close it for fire restrictions)

Good Luck!!!

Suz

#11: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: slots918 PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:33 am
    ----
More Bad for the Elk Hunt:
Temps are running around 98 degrees F with less than 20 percent humidity
Forecast 40 percent Rain with clear sky's today

went to the doctor after 2 MRIs and I have a torn cartledge in my knee and a bulging disc rubbing my sciatic nerve

Good News Daughter (she got her Elk 2 Years ago) wants to come and help and bring the Grandson (so I can have a couple of pack animals )

#12: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 pm
    ----
that is great news..nothing like a family hunt..and as for rain,well as soon as it clears the animals will be out drying out and feeding,favorite time to be waiting and watching.
as for the health..just take it real easy and slow..heck even let the young fella be your gun carrier (if allowed)

#13: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 am
    ----
Congrats slot! I've missed my elk draw in NM 2 years in a row. I'm tring to figure out an alternative.

#14: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: slots918 PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:16 pm
    ----
Some more GBU

the Good - Knee and Back are better

The Bad - the knee and back still flair up at times if I over use them

The Ugly - I lost my Elk Tag and can't get a replacement

just kidding I signed it over to my Grandson and will take him up and hopefully get his first Elk

#15: Re: The good the bad and the ugly of the Az elk draw Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 pm
    ----
Well at least you can participate, good luck and happy hunting!!

Suz

-> Spam-O-Rama