Bushy
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Bushy Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:22 am
    ----
ewe OK ??

#2: Re: Bushy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:59 am
    ----
Embarassed Embarassed OH NOOOOOOOO..here come the sheep jokes Embarassed Embarassed

#3: Re: Bushy Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 am
    ----
hehe sposed to been a tornado run thru his village yesterday

#4: Re: Bushy Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:34 am
    ----
Hey Bushy...everything ok in your neck of the woods mate? Are you, SWMBO, and the horses all safe and well mate?

#5: Re: Bushy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:03 am
    ----
Hell yes! Missed me again. Went through (straight wind) Ava Square from the post office to the Ava newspaper. Knocked down power poles, trees and took a few roofs. I live 4 miles outside of Ava.

Didn't get the ewe I've been savin' for Vince...

#6: Re: Bushy Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:43 pm
    ----
Glad to hear you and yours are OK.

Sad news about a lot of other areas.

Theres always a sheep somewhere................

#7: Re: Bushy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:17 pm
    ----
Thats a close call Bushy.
Glad to hear that you are OK.

Tell me, since I never in location where hurricane or tornado are rife, how often are these tornadoes passing through your neighborhood?

do you have a bunker?
How large are they?
What happened with the horses if you go to your bunker?

#8: Re: Bushy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm
    ----
Once about every two years of so or less.

I have a designated spot in the shop under the house.

How large are they? They can be as small as a dust devil to a mile across or more.

The horses are on their own.

#9: Re: Bushy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm
    ----
Wow..Every couple of years!
Hmm, must plan properly if want to have a barbeque at Bushy's..

Horses are on their own? do they have freedom to run away from the tornado?

#10: Re: Bushy Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm
    ----
glad to hear you are ok and hayburners arent dog tucker yet.

#11: Re: Bushy Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:27 pm
    ----
They have around 5 acres, most of which is forest to run in.

I planed well here so that tornadoes go around me because of the rough terrain. Mostly have to worry about wind shears and straight winds.

Beats the hell out of earthquakes

#12: Re: Bushy Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:09 pm
    ----
I don't think tornadoes are better than earthquakes... You get a tad more warning about the tornado but if it hits you are going to lose at least part of your home. There has never been a claim on Earthquake insurance for a wood frame home since they started issuing insurance for earthquakes in Washington.

#13: Re: Bushy Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 pm
    ----
gelan they are a seasonal thing and in the central and southern parts of the country more so than other areas .. March and April are the worst months . We had a near miss a couple years ago , one passed within a mile of us , my brother in north Georgia had one pass within a few hundred yards of his farm and house last year ..

Bushy is near an area referred to as 'Tornado Alley' in the Mid West ..

They can be nasty with wind speeds over 200 mph , those , no building will survive a direct hit ..

My mate from Sydney ( Beacon Hill ) was here on holiday in Feb 08 and showed up the night before our near miss , he was pretty awe struck ..

mebbe ewe know him eh ?

#14: Re: Bushy Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:48 am
    ----
Maybe a BIG bunker under the barn fer the critters mate. Good to hear that you have sighted your abode well mate, I would hate to see one of them twisters bearing down on me.

GJack...I grew up in Sydney and the worst thing we had to desk with there was an occasional heavy hail storm...nothing like a twister mate, so I can imagine how you visitor would have felt.

#15: Re: Bushy Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 am
    ----
Gah.. scary!!

-> General