Air Gun Show Sept 2014
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 am
    ----
My local gun club had an Air Gun Show yesterday. I was really surprised by the attendance. The most people I have ever seen at the club.

I don't know much about airguns but Aloys has peeked my interest plus I have been using a Gamo air gun to pop squirrels that get on my roof. My wife agreed to go with me. I was pretty overwhelmed by the variety. We did get to shoot some at 25 yards. My wife kept knocking the bulleyes out!

Here are some pictures of the show for your enjoyment.

Last edited by slimjim on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:54 am
    ----
They had new manufacturers there also.

#3: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:58 am
    ----
Did you notice the price on the one above! There was an Olympic 10 meter air rifle that I didn't get a picture of that was $3200. Note they are adorned with 50x scopes! Here are some more manufactures.

#4: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:01 am
    ----
Hatsan Air Rifles were the ones I liked the best. They have rotary magazine, adjustable triggers, and their safeties worked well. They were well balanced also. There was one airgun we shot that once you turned the safety off, you couldn't turn it back on.

#5: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:05 am
    ----
They also had a display of antiques and gave a history of air rifles. Lewis & Clark had an Italian repeating air rifle with them that had a shot 20+ magazine. Its a neat story.

home.nra.org/history/v...-air-rifle

#6: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:08 am
    ----
Here are some other interesting air guns that may be of interest. Note the big airguns that shot .50-cal and .308 bullets. Oh, we shot a .25-cal air rifle at the range and that pellet looked pretty big.

#7: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:35 am
    ----
Great photos SlimJ!! Thanks !

Suz

#8: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 am
    ----
Wow, That is some collection. Thanks for taking the time to post.

#9: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm
    ----
That's quite an array of air guns mate. I think air guns are starting to come into their own as legitimate short range hunting rifles.

#10: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: pete4dLocation: Dixie , Alabama , & Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:02 pm
    ----
A great variety of air gun there. The old Daisey pump brings back memories of my youth. Et many a black bird with that old gun. We had to eat what we kill't back in those days .

#11: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:55 am
    ----
SJ, I don't agree on your conclusion. For me no Hatsan. Also no Career (alltough it looks fine, my finger is not strong enough for that trigger and too many things that can break and are very hard to repair). There are several real good ones and I would suggest to compare them with BSA (Scorpion or the R-10) on price and quality.
And don't waste your money on such a handpump. Just look at somebody on you-tube pumping his rifle and then make your conclusion.
In Field Target they need such a 50x scope, because they 'measure' the distance with that great side wheel while focussing the target. When you go for hunting, certainly with poor light, it's another story.

An yes, I've also looked at these .308's, 9 mm's or .50's but as long as I'm still allowed to own my normal rifles in these calibers, why should I choose to walk around with a compressed air bottle to get my rifle reloaded after every shot?

But thanks for your pictures. They show a lot of things I still adore and don't own myself (yet?)

#12: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:29 am
    ----
The air gun that Louis and Clarke had with then used the butstock as the air reservoir. It could shoot all twenty rounds before losing power. The indians were very impressed and often tried to trade for the gun.

It is talked about in their journals.

#13: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:16 am
    ----
Pauls, look at the Logans and also the "air force air guns" in SJ's pictures, they still have a reservoir as butstock.
That system is nice and easy. Also very easy to converse to other calibers.

#14: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:16 am
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
SJ, I don't agree on your conclusion. For me no Hatsan.

Aloys, why no Hatsan?

#15: Re: Air Gun Show Sept 2014 Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:49 am
    ----
slimjim wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
SJ, I don't agree on your conclusion. For me no Hatsan.

Aloys, why no Hatsan?

just ask someone who has been working (or trying to repair) such turkish thing.
Or go and have a look at such a Field Target match, watch what you can see there and ask them about Hatsan.
Or look at their advertising: they speak as the young-ones who all want to be snipers with their airrifle, requiring lots of energy but forget that sure in airguns bullet placement wins always from energy.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions