Differnt people
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Differnt people Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:13 pm
    ----
Montana for you

www.onlyinyourstate.co...things-mt/

#2: Re: Differnt people Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 am
    ----
I'm familiar with "pass-ties", thanks to a Mom from northern Michigan. Really good eating!

#3: Re: Differnt people Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:43 am
    ----
Yep, Michigan Pass-ties, loved um.

#4: Re: Differnt people Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 am
    ----
Tremblay...Ya got any smelt up there?

#5: Re: Differnt people Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:17 pm
    ----
Sounds like great place to visit.
Got meat pies even.. not going to be homesick then Smile

#6: Re: Differnt people Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:21 pm
    ----
Not that I know of, the stores have it we use it for bait

#7: Re: Differnt people Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm
    ----
Used to go up to Petosky Mi, and net them. Little ones for frying big ones for pike and musky bait.

#8: Re: Differnt people Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:10 pm
    ----
There is nothing like netting smelt in the surf and slappin' them right onto a hot buttered steel plate over a driftwood fire. And chase them with a cold beer. Bait? my butt!!!

#9: Re: Differnt people Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm
    ----
Bushy, you talking grunion, fresh water smelt, or ocean smelt. Netted tons of grunion in the surf in California, pan fried on the beach, yum.

#10: Re: Differnt people Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:25 pm
    ----
Yup...That's them...! Only I was living in Coos Bay, Oregon at the time. Olympia was the beer.

#11: Re: Differnt people Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 pm
    ----
MMMM...love a nice Cornish Pastie. Montana sounds like a nice place to visit.

#12: Re: Differnt people Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:20 am
    ----
Tremblay, from what I read I think you will find yourself at home in Sweden. Not my cup of tea. I even don't like my carwindows frozen and I sure don't want to dig in the snow before I can find my car in the morning. On the other hand: I don't like the heat either...

#13: Re: Differnt people Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 am
    ----
Picky, picky, picky....

#14: Re: Differnt people Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:29 am
    ----
Yup we have it all here Aloysius

#15: Re: Differnt people Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:05 am
    ----
Yep, snow way up past your a-hole, weather hot enough to wilt a steel awning, and idiots all over the place. So, you probably wouldn't be happy here, and please pass along to all you meet how truly miserable living in the USA truly is.

-> General