New Tool Box.
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: New Tool Box. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 am
    ----
Been a road tech for a while now. So the big metal automotive boxes had to go.

First picked up the top two, but recently picked up the matching cart and the parts organizer on the bottom.

The drawers in the 2nd from the top, held up well so far using it for the last year, eventhough it's plastic with no slides etc. I have been quite pleased.

But now that I added the parts rack yesterday and filled it with my most common small parts, let's see how easy it is to take this thing out of my van. Laughing

Dimitri

#2: Re: New Tool Box. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:40 am
    ----
That looks like a great setup 'Mitri. Be interesting to see how the plastic units hold up to the wear and tear.

Out of idle curiosity, what does a "road tech" actually do mate? What industry does the role belong to mate? I'm sorta thinking it's a bit like a automotive mechanic's role.

#3: Re: New Tool Box. Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:25 am
    ----
Been shopping at Lee Valley Tools again?

#4: Re: New Tool Box. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:57 am
    ----
Vince,

Got out of automotive, I am fixing forklifts now.

RePete,

Yup.

Dimitri

#5: Re: New Tool Box. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:52 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Got out of automotive, I am fixing forklifts now.

Is the advantage of that job sector that the forklifts breakdown more often?

#6: Re: New Tool Box. Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 am
    ----
I actually took a pay cut to switch fields.

Felt like it was time for something new, and enjoying it rather well surprisingly enough.

Dimitri

#7: Re: New Tool Box. Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:38 am
    ----
Cool chests, D. No dents, or rust, take a beat down too. Nice!

#8: Re: New Tool Box. Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
enjoying it rather well surprisingly enough.

Great to hear. That is what matters the most.

#9: Re: New Tool Box. Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 am
    ----
Good stuff 'Mitri. There will always be some sort of work for a fork tech mate...always see them around Brisbane working on bruck forks mate.

#10: Re: New Tool Box. Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:26 am
    ----
Nice.

-> Spam-O-Rama