Pro-gun meeting
-> General

#1: Pro-gun meeting Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:15 am
    ----
Last evening our Zoning Hearing Board heard a request to open a membership-only indoor gun range and retail store in our township. As Chairman, I ran the meeting and was really impressed with the audience which filled the meeting room and consisted of law enforcement personnel and pro-gun folks. The process was very orderly and we granted approval for the request.

Some neighbors expressed concerns regarding noise and possible explosion dangers. The applicant currently runs a gun shop and answered all questions about the new shooting range. The only condition we put on the proposed use was to prohibit the use or storage of black powder on the site. The applicant agreed and assured everyone that only smokeless powder ammunition would be used on the ranges.

An anti-gun zoning board could have made things very difficult for the applicant, but we were a friendly board. That is why I serve on it. All the best...
Gil

#2: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am
    ----
Well done Gil. It's good to see common sense prevail and be applied by all concerned. The non confrontational attitude and decision to not argue about the black powder stlpulation shows the range owner as a reasonable and respectful citizen of your community. The only noise issues I can see will be the sound of the exhaust extraction fans to extract lead fumes...they can be very noisy.

#3: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 am
    ----
Good to here Gil.

Which club is that?

#4: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am
    ----
RePete,
The members-only club is the former Firing Line which closed in 2013. It is located in Coplay, PA about ten miles north of Allentown, PA. It will not open for a spell because the existing structure needs work and updating. All the best...
Gil

#5: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: RePeteLocation: Gods Country PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am
    ----
I remember the club - vaguely.

I have shot a Guthsville a couple of times, plus Hellertown, and Easton a number of times. And a few others in PA.

#6: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:56 pm
    ----
Its all gone to hell in a basket here. We had a great facility on a working farm about 30 min from where I live - full range out to 1500M - all sorts of shooters catered for Long arms only - no pistol facility which wasn't a problem until a neighbour whose an ass tried to get in and was told politely he wasn't welcome, so he made a noise complaint and the local council got involved and decided it needed to be officially registered, no problem the National Arms Manager from the Police had shot there and was satisfied it was fine so signed off.
Ah, but that wasn't the end of it.
Our council changed mayor to an absolute cow who then made it a rule that for any gathering you have to have a permit to conduct your business. Long and short of it that despite being a private property and by invite only the council managed to shut us down completely in 3 months.To say we as a group are angry is an understatement - but we aren't the only ones.
A group decided to have a Poetry reading weekend for I believe a dozen or so people and they too had to get a permit which was at an astronomical price so they didn't go ahead because the council wasn't interested in negotiations.
Talk about a rort.
Wish we had some sensible people in Governance.

#7: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:19 pm
    ----
Damn mate, that is ludicrous. Sounds to me like the new Mayor is flexing muscles simply because he has them, and/or the neighbour and Mayor have been talking together and there may well be a bit of collusion happening.

Sooner or later the Mayor and/or the neighbour will need assistance from the Police or some other person or group that has been affected by their actions and karma will arrive, doing what it does best...coming back to bite them on the ars3. As I've always said, "don't get mad...get even".

#8: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:33 am
    ----
sounds like the local law enforcement need to gatecrash any and all council meetings and DEMAND to sight permits for the gathering.....Im sure the local fire brigade guys would get on board and pitch in to make life awkward for the pencil pushing nitwits.

#9: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:00 am
    ----
Maybe the fire brigade also needs to apply for a permit before they can gather...

I'm with Elvis on this. When I was police or fire-man and some of these jokers would call me...
I think I would ask a written signed note with the signature legitimated by a local notary that me coming over doesn't need a permit for gathering...

#10: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm
    ----
radar, anyway to go above them and challenge what they did?

#11: Re: Pro-gun meeting Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm
    ----
radar,
Sounds like police state tactics. Do you folks have any civil rights? All the best...
Gil

-> General