Wonderful mid week getaway
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Varmint Hunting

#1: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm
    ----
A mate with a rabbit infested farm called, "hey mate, can you fix my tractor?"
"Sure..", what else could I say?

So I load up my huntmobile with my tools and my trusty Ruger 77/22 for a 2 hours journey out of town.
A few minutes to bleed the hydraulics and top up oil on the tractor and I got free range on the small 200 acres farm for a few hours.
Yeah - time well spent..

#2: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 pm
    ----
looks like you should go back in 2 weeks time to "check" the tractor is still running right....take the macpara moonbeam with you aswell just incase you still working after dark,and give them pesky bunnies a real hiding.

#3: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:27 am
    ----
Outstanding mate...I’m jealous...you done good, and the tractor is fixed. I’m with Elvis...I reckon you need to go back in a couple of weeks to make sure everything is right with the tractor. Wink Wink

Last edited by Vince on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:44 am
    ----
some of these rabbits seem to have been washed on a to hot program... Smile

no critics! Here I do the same and these small ones are for my own freezer as they fit best in the tajine.

#5: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:32 pm
    ----
LOL, yes there will be another trip soon for the tractor, there is some parts that I need and do not have at the time.

Aloys, yes some kittens there. It is spring time in Australia so a lot of them are tiny.

#6: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:25 pm
    ----
I can't wait to finish with the business & get out shooting more. I've no rabbit meat left in the freezer & it makes great curries & stews.

#7: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 pm
    ----
Good shooting, gelandangan. Looks like you got enough to make a fur coat!

#8: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm
    ----
Well done! Is there a limit on the number of critters that can be taken per day or season? Keep up the good work. All the best...
Gil

#9: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:35 pm
    ----
Gil Martin wrote:
Well done! Is there a limit on the number of critters that can be taken per day or season? Keep up the good work. All the best...
Gil

No limit or season on feral critters out here Gil...it is open slather on them. The rabbit along with feral cats are the worst introduced pest we have in Australia mate...and they are great hunting. I’ve known guys to shoot upwards of a hundred rabbits in one afternoon/evening.

The only feral critter that has a season applied to it is deer, and that is only in some States. In Queensland where I live, deer are considered an introduced feral pestl and as such they are fair game at any time, including at night with a spotlight, and with no limits. I have a mate who shot 17 fallow deer one night to clear them out of the vineyards and orchards in his area. None of the meat went to waste, it was given to friends.

There is one organisation out here who are trying to institute seasons and limits on deer...the Australian Deer Association...and they impose seasons and limits on their members, and charge massive trophy fees, even for meat animals, as well. They will visit properties in an area and tell the farmer that if he gives their Assoc sole access, to the excludsion of all others, to his property they will pay him for access, the money coming from the trophy fees. As well they apply two compulsory work weekends per annum on every member of that area’s Branch for the farmer to utilise. If a member can’t, or won’t, attend he is subject to a levy which goes in part to the farmer. All in all, they are trying to turn deer hunting into an elite activity in Australia that only the well heeled, those with money, can afford.

#10: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 am
    ----
Where's the photo of the tractor?

Nice job of pest control. I see rabbit stew in your future.

#11: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm
    ----
LOL did not take picture of the tractor Bushy.
Next time I might

#12: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
LOL did not take picture of the tractor Bushy.
Next time I might

We will hold you to it!

#13: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 am
    ----
YEAH!!

#14: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:26 pm
    ----
LOL, not sure if I want to be held onto a tractor ... Very Happy

#15: Re: Wonderful mid week getaway Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:05 am
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
LOL, not sure if I want to be held onto a tractor ... Very Happy

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

-> Varmint Hunting