OK, so I'm nuts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#31: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 pm
    ----
Mikeee! Damg mate. I got two fangs right through the web of my left hand once. It got way messy. Cat bites are the worst- they can't stop lickin' their own bums!

You also shoot the same stuff we do. WIND. Gota have steel targets, paper jsut WOOP! up and flies off. I won't disqualify a load in bad conditions. I'll wait til its dead calm to work up a calm load, then a heavier pill load for the nasty stuff. Couple of my buds swear by the Secnar. And the name is just cool too...

Hope yer hand heals fast- what worked for me was a recomendation from my Medicine Woman (not Suz...hehehe): super hot water immersion several times a day. It killed the site infection and pills took care of the rest. Try it it works big time on just below surface infections- anywhere the heat can get to it kills it. I lsot some skin but was good to go.

P/S: cats are night hunters, it's cruel to keep them indoors. Let the lil devils out to patrol their digs people! All my cats only came in to eat- then they'd hop on my lap, dig claws in my leg, rub some scent on me and bail.... they kept bugs, mince and all sorts of stuff piled on the door stoop DEAD out of my pad. They are SUPER territorial. Nothing gets in no matter how small. Works for me!

#32: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am
    ----
Domesticated cats is a misnomer. Cats have only been domesticated for about 10,000 years and they are still solo animals as adults. Their instincts and animal skills are still very prominent in their lives. Dogs on the other hand are pack animals that have been domesticated for more than 30,000 years. Most breeds could not live if set free. They need a pack and direction. The working and hunting breeds have maintained some of their instincts and skills but still require leadership. They will do things that are completely unnatural to please the leader of the pack.

I much prefer a companion that wants to please me to one that cares little for my leadership.

#33: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm
    ----
Yup, cats don’t have owners, they have staff.

#34: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:35 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:

Vince, that's why you need antibiotics when they bit - it's the staph infection that will get ya... Very Happy

#35: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 pm
    ----
PaulS wrote:
Vince wrote:

Vince, that's why you need antibiotics when they bit - it's the staph infection that will get ya... Very Happy

Haha Haha Haha Haha

In their mouths, all cats carry a large number of bacteria that are capable of causing tissue infections in bite wounds. One of the more common is highly pathogenic bacterium known as Pasteurella multocida. An infected cat bite wound will be red, swollen and painful, and the infection can spread through the surrounding tissues, causing a condition called cellulitis, or through the blood to other areas of the body, causing a condition called septicemia (often called "blood poisoning"). Infected people may suffer from fever and flu-like symptoms and, rarely, may die if proper medical treatment is not sought. Children, the elderly, ill and immunosuppressed individuals are particularly vulnerable to developing severe infections if bitten by a cat.

#36: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 am
    ----
Oh sure, now you're confusing people with real facts Wink
After a bite, as I understand it, the infection gets worse if you kill the cat.
That belief has been around since the dark ages. The fact is that killing the cats caused the plagues in Europe back in the day. The cats truly are the hosts of satan... Shocked Scratch

#37: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am
    ----
And to think that I just “didn’t like cats” before...

Now ya’ll got me believing they are truly evil...

#38: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm
    ----
I used to hate cats. Then I got to the point where I could get along with then and even teach them to do tricks. Then I developed an allergy to cats. No more cats for me.

I do respect them. They are primal hunters and if I could learn how to do that... Sorry, at my age it ain't happening.

#39: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: lesterg3Location: Dixie PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 pm
    ----
I tolerate cats for my wife, and I cannot have another dog. Ya gotta figure that anything that can lick it's own ass is not something you want to nuzzle and play kissy face with.

#40: Re: OK, so I'm nuts Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:05 pm
    ----
A week in & the bites are pretty much healed, though my lower thumb joint's still tender & movement a little restricted.
My main worry for the Tuesday's trip out to the US is the cellulitis in my right calf.
The reddening's gone, as has the elevated temperature but there's still an odd feeling like the tendons need greased.
Hopefully it's going to wear off pretty fast.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions