Purpose of the Outbox
-> General

#1: Purpose of the Outbox Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:25 am
    ----
Dallan, I didn't realize that my Sent folder reached a 100%. There were two notes in the Outbox to English Mike and henrystraker. I assume they were ones that didn't get sent. I wasn't able to resend them from the Outbox like with MS Outlook. So I recreated them and submitted. However, now the last two showed up on the Sent folder and the Outbox.

Can you help me understand this behavior or what I might have done incorrectly?

Or as Vince just pondered, why?

Thanks in advanced, Dallan!

#2: Re: Purpose of the Outbox Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:25 pm
    ----
The outbox is where messages sit until they get "read". Once "read" they should get moved to "sent". So if you have a ton of messages sitting there in your outbox, thats due to people not reading them.

I upped all the limits from 100 to 1000. That might be a mistake though... it can let your boxes grow to unmanagable sizes lol!

-DallanC

#3: Re: Purpose of the Outbox Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:05 pm
    ----
Thanks, Dallan. I didn't realize that it meant that they message hadn't been read/viewed if still in the outbox.

#4: Re: Purpose of the Outbox Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:07 pm
    ----
Wait, if your sent folder is full, does the next composed message just sit in the outbox or, if sent is full, you are not allowed to create anymore messages?

#5: Re: Purpose of the Outbox Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:58 am
    ----
DallanC wrote:
I upped all the limits from 100 to 1000.

Makes my last question OBE. Thanks, for upgrading us Dallan.

-> General