Riddle me this ...
-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests

#1: Riddle me this ... Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 pm
    ----
This isn't a PointBlank problem, its a website problem. Recently when I load a page from this website about 1/3rd of the time there is no scroll bar on the right side of the page. This only happens on this website. Anybody else seen this? If I reload the page I usually get the scroll bar to reappear.

#2: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 pm
    ----
scroll bar ...as in advertising???? it comes in after a delay on mine and everything waits till it does...think its to do with security settings....

#3: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 pm
    ----
Yeah it happens when I use Chromium web browser (for Ubuntu), it seems to be waiting for an advert to start but just recently it just won't load more than a page. I changed over to Firefox web browser and it works fine. So....try another web browser and see what happens. My Firefox has ad-blocker and NoScript added to it so sometime I have to fiddle around per web-site to get it to work right but it works fine with the HNut.

Suz

Suz

#4: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: Grey_Wolf PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:29 pm
    ----
No I don't get that but I get a scroll bar at the bottom of the page too so I have to move the page over to read the right side of a post,

Oh yeah - using Fire Fox in a Linux platform

Last edited by Grey_Wolf on Tue May 29, 2018 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 pm
    ----
Pkslinger, I have the same experience with MS Explorer. Like Suz says, Firefox appears to be ok.

#6: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:46 pm
    ----
I mostly use Firefox, but I will use Chrome more and see if I can run across the issue. Can you post a screen shot?

Do you use any ad blockers? Does toggling them on or off solve the issue?

-DallanC

#7: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:11 pm
    ----
I'm using Chromium right now and a screen shot wouldn't show anything other than a page. The bottom of the page continuously says 'connecting' and it takes quite a while but finally an advert shows up at the bottom of the page. (At least tonight that's what happened) There are times when the page never fully loads and does not say it's 'connecting', rather it just stops and you can't scroll down because there's nothing there, it won't load all the way. I've tried logging off and on again a few times and nothing changes, I get the same partially loaded page. Usually I can't type in a message because I can't scroll down, but tonight it works because (I assume) the advert loaded.

Suz

#8: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: DawgdadLocation: On the Prairie PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 am
    ----
I get the same thing with Chrome and the page freezes and can't even page down or scroll down with arrow keys or mouse roller...

#9: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 pm
    ----
Today, seems to be happening in MS Explore, FireFox, and Chrome on my main computer.

#10: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 pm
    ----
I'm not having any of these issues using Firefox.

#11: Re: Riddle me this ... Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:27 pm
    ----
Yep, its happening all my browsers. It mostly problematic when I don't notice the scroll bar is missing and I'm ready to post the reply. I can't scroll down to hit submit. Some browsers my text comes back. Others don't. Make sure you copy before you hit F5 Refresh.

-> Bug Reports / Feature Requests