They get it all wrong
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#16: Re: They get it all wrong Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:42 pm
    ----
It's the Gobbels effect.
Tell a lie long enough it becomes fact.
Most of the sheeple are sucked in within a week.

#17: Re: They get it all wrong Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 am
    ----
I was reading a historical novel and enjoying it until the author went off the rails. She stated that a British Brown Bess .75 caliber musket was reloaded slowly. According to the author if a muzzle loader was reloaded six times very quickly then the rifle would explode from the heat of firing. At that point I tossed the book into a nearby trash can. All the best...
Gil

#18: Re: They get it all wrong Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:40 pm
    ----
Gil, If you don't fire it between loadings they can explode...
There were muskets found with multiple loads in them that were unfired.

#19: Re: They get it all wrong Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:16 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Interesting choice of rifles in that the firearms are all ex British military pattern (FN SLR and Lee Enfields). The one held by the female looks fairly new, although something doesn’t look quite right with the wood stocks...maybe remanufactured. The belts are Brit pattern with the brass buckles/clips with the Brit style of “male” from the right. The sling placement also looks like a Brit idea, albeit used on a different rifle for ease of carry and quick deployment and retention.
The forage cap on the guy says to me South American militia/guerilla because of the cam pattern, but that doesn’t mean anything these days, they could be from anywhere.
The photo is obviously staged...sights down and all standing close together...and I think the girl is actually protecting her identity by covering her face with the buttstock of her rifle and head down...adds creedence to the idea of them being a guerilla group.

Those are Indian paramilitaries & the rifles are the Indian manufactured 1A1 which is an unlicensed rip-off of the L1A1.

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions