Back to the mask
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Back to the mask Author: TremblayLocation: Malta, Montana PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:33 am
    ----
uuuuum

#2: Re: Back to the mask Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 pm
    ----
That's good Tremblay!
They can't even ask what religion it is without violating that law.
You are a good man.

#3: Re: Back to the mask Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:18 am
    ----
And once again, rights or not ,you guys are missing the point of wearing masks.

#4: Re: Back to the mask Author: English MikeLocation: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:19 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
And once again, rights or not ,you guys are missing the point of wearing masks.

I wear one whenever in close proximity to others.

I know they're intended to reduce the chance of the wearer infecting others, NOT to protect the wearer.

I'm looking after my 90yo mother who has both heart & lung problems, so the chances of her surviving this virus are close to zero.

Thus I want anyone near me wearing one as a demonstration of communal responsibility & care for those around them.

This isn't giving anything up, it's common sense.

#5: Re: Back to the mask Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:42 am
    ----
a person wearing a mask to STOP GETTING the virus is as effective as a chainlink fence against mosquitos

it will however SLOW DOWN/REDUCE your ability to pass it on to others... by virtue of stopping you coughing/sneazing and creating flying bogeys to infect others...

#6: Re: Back to the mask Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:49 pm
    ----
Ah Elvis, but is it.
A properly worn mask of the correct construction stops aerosol spread at the mask of the one whos coughing or sneezing.
Anything has got to be better than nothing, except bandanas, they do nothing and look shit while doing it.
The other question is how many individual virus bits does it take to infect an uninfected person and make them a carrier/sick?
2 masks, one per person, 1.5 m social distancing and hand washing has to be better than 1 mask or no masks.
Yeah i know not scientific and more is not always better.
Will you wearing a mask and having covid mary coughing or sneezing over you stop it, probably not completely but it may drop the number of infected droplets down to a level your body might handle.
There is a reason they are telling people to wear them.

#7: Re: Back to the mask Author: Loke PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 am
    ----
This virus has a 0.7 mortality rate for confirmed cases. It has been estimated that 50-80% of people infected show no signs of the illness, and therefor do not seek treatment. That would make the true mortality rate somewhere in the 0.3-0.2% range. That means that you have a 99.8% chance of survival if you contract the virus. Some say that the mask is an attempt to control the population. Simply a political statement. A way to divide the population against on another. Take your pick. They are probably all correct. When the vast majority of medical professionals that come in to the gun store do not wear masks, or remove them when they see that they are not "required" and let the "social distancing" diminish or disappear in the checkout line, I am inclined to believe that they are not necessary for my continued health.

Please do take care of your mother and don't expose her to undue risk. But don't have unrealistic fears about this particular virus. It is( in my humble opinion), no more dangerous that the seasonal flu that we see every year that goes unnoticed and unreported.

#8: Re: Back to the mask Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 am
    ----
I for one believe wearing a mask is good. It beats being locked down which really infringes on my freedoms.

I also believe I am at risk at my age and will continue to take precautions. I don't want to be a statistic in an after action report.

#9: Re: Back to the mask Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:21 pm
    ----
I’ll wear a mask if required, but I am of two minds about the usefulness of a mask, but what must be, must be.

#10: Re: Back to the mask Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:21 pm
    ----
I see your two minds both expressed their believe!

#11: Re: Back to the mask Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:33 pm
    ----
slimjim wrote:
I see your two minds both expressed their believe!

Haha Haha Haha Haha

I stuttered Slim.

#12: Re: Back to the mask Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:00 pm
    ----
I saw that the average age of people dying from COVID related problems is 78. Average life expectancy in the US is 79.

#13: Re: Back to the mask Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:52 am
    ----
... and going down

#14: Re: Back to the mask Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:01 am
    ----
One of the guys on my lease got it. He couldn't get out of bed for a month. another month to recover. Said it was the sickest he had ever been. A close friend at church with a compromised immune system got it and recovered with Hydroxychloroquine. Another friends brother got it and recovered with Hydroxychloroquine. Another friends brother died and another friends sister died. My niece is a regional endurance running champion and her 26 year-old male workout partner got it and it knocked him out for a month.

It is amazing how badly it affects some and not others. It seems if you get a big enough douse of it that your immune system can't handle, it has its way with you.

Its the world we live in now. I'm glad the US is moving forward. Shutting down the economy and peoples lively hood is a cure that is worse than the disease.

Stay Safe.

#15: Re: Back to the mask Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:53 pm
    ----
Well after some math I figured out that even with the skewed count only .6 to .7% who get it die from it.
Skewed count? no flu deaths in the USA this year, the only suicides were those who used guns and some of those were positive for covid-19, and no deaths due to heart attacks in the USA either. Something stinks about the statistics.

-> Spam-O-Rama