The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics
-> General

#1: The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:20 pm
    ----
I blundered into this site whilst looking for something else.

TERMINAL BALLISTICS

Haven't had a chance to read it in its entirety, however it certainly looks like it contains information that is of value to members of HuntingNut.

No doubt there will be some that disagree with some of the information within the site, however thats what makes HuntingNut so good.....healthy debate. It is this debate and informed discussion that helps each and every one of us learn a little more about our sport and firearms.

Let the debate begin.

Cheers, Vince

#2: Re: The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:24 am
    ----
Vince

You want me to read all of this? wtf

Got to say though, its the kind of thing that I would write about but getting me to read it is another matter!

D Bonk

#3: Re: The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics Author: shootistLocation: Lackawaxen,PA PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 am
    ----
Hi Vince....I'm working through the article...quite a bit to discuss,but two areas are very interesting...hold on till I finish.

SHOOTIST

#4: Re: The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 am
    ----
G'Day Davey. It is a bit like reading a full blown instruction isn't it.

I have really only skimmed a lot of it and read parts of it in detail. It can be pretty heavy.

Still, there is good info in there.

Cheers, Vince

#5: Re: The Mechanics of Terminal Ballistics Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:46 am
    ----
Very Happy Very Happy This series of articles is extreemely interesting, well put together, factual in most respects and provides a great deal of information that is a benefit to us all. This is my observation after only spending about a half hour so far on it. I would really like to get much deeper into it and then I may make a few more comments down the road. So far the only thing that I have noticed is that the author has kind of left the mid 30 cal cartridges out of it (ie. the .308 Win). I have read many of his posts when I was a frequent reader on the Accurate Reloading site. He can be quite opinioniated but he has provided a lot of good information. Until later! Cool Cool

-> General