the time for grizzley hunt has come
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Big Game Hunting

#1: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: yzchamp PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:05 am
    ----
leaving tomorow got a limited entry for a grizzly in kootneys in british columbia 6 guys 7 days it will be a blast hopefully will have some thing to show for after i'll come back!!

#2: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 am
    ----
i really want a grizz bear coat. killed, skinned, tanned and made with my own hands in the old ways.

someday.

#3: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:58 am
    ----
What do people do with Grizzly meat? is it edible?

-DallanC

#4: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: SpacedoneLocation: missouri PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:26 pm
    ----
i personally dislike bear meat. growing up my uncle bear hunted every year and every year brought back hundreds of pounds of bear meat.

to me it has a very strong oily taste.

the rest of my family just loved it tho.

#5: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:25 pm
    ----
I know people eat Black bear but Grizz?

-DallanC

#6: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
I would try It!

#7: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: Deleted_User_2665 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:33 pm
    ----
Grizz ain't much for table fare.....but black is some kinda good when cooked right....

I'm partial to bear meatballs in marinara sauce and bear meat stew........

Bear meat Breakfast Sausage ain't nuthin' to sneeze at if made Southern Style.

Yzchamp....good luck to ya, and REMEMBER........work da bolt!!!!!!

#8: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:38 pm
    ----
yzchamp,

Enjoy your hunt Very Happy

On a side note:

I never figured out why some people trophy hunt and let the rest of the meat spoil. wtf

If I kill a animal (other then varmin) its all going to go into someones stomic Very Happy

Dimitri

#9: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: roklokLocation: Fairbanks, Alaska PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:19 pm
    ----
I love black bear meat,but was checking in to a grizzly hunt and was talking to a outfitter from Alaska and he told me no one eats grizzly. I would sure try it. Before I tried black bear I was told it was not fit to eat,by my experience simply not true. In the aforementioned grizzly hunt packing out the meat was not included,only thing packed out was hide and head.

#10: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: Deleted_User_2665 PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:33 pm
    ----
Had some buds return from Alaska one time after huntin' caribou......told of the locals not considering caribou fit to eat......

I like Caribou......

I'd not trade a meal of black bear for 10 meals of grizz though.......

#11: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:32 pm
    ----
Caribou is good stuff!

-DallanC

#12: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:39 pm
    ----
Good luck on the hunt yzchamp, but make ure you are the hunter and not the hunted. From what I hear them grizzly critters are real nasty and have a taste for "long pig" (man).

Cheers, Vince

#13: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: yzchamp PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm
    ----
i like bear meat black bear that is usualy i harvest 2 of them a year wife loves it over moose and deer .... as for grizly meat ..... hmm it would be like eating cayote... meat eating craeture ... if i have enough liquid currage who knows i may try a piece... will let u know in a week
Ps i have a 45/70 with 500 grain back up gun good luck grizzly

#14: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:36 pm
    ----
Bear makes a good sausage when mixed with the poor cuts of venison and properly cured and seasoned. I would think that grizzley would be about the same - hams, roasts, and good steaks with the rest in sausage and ground meat.

#15: Re: the time for grizzley hunt has come Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:02 am
    ----
PaulS wrote:
Bear makes a good sausage when mixed with the poor cuts of venison and properly cured and seasoned. I would think that grizzley would be about the same - hams, roasts, and good steaks with the rest in sausage and ground meat.

What about Trichinosis or however its spelled, the little worm things pigs have. I know bears have it too and you have to cook the meat good and proper to kill it before you can safely eat it. I've never tried bear but I've friends who have and they all mention Trichinosis.

-DallanC

-> Big Game Hunting