I'm still alive
-> General

#1: I'm still alive Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:24 am
    ----
Sorry I havent been posting much. I generally check in on the site a couple times a day to approve submitted pictures and handload information. Man things are busy busy busy in my life lately... I need a new job that affords me more free time i think.

Anywho my current job is requiring massive amounts of time to stay on schedual but on top of that this last week I found out our "swamp cooler" (evaporative cooler air conditioning) rotted out and was leaking into the house. So I've been having the fun of tearing off the old one and replacing it this week after work. Its mostly done but I still have to wire it and hook up the new water line (the original was framed in around the base hence making the job take 10x longer than if they just mounted it on the vent... grrrr).

Beyond that I have actually still been working on PointBlank v2.0 ... I am nearly to a point that I will need some beta testers, it would save me alot of time to let other people test various parts while I concentrate on finishing up the remainder of the features. The big thing I need tested is the Metric / SAE conversion stuff as it affects a surprising amount of things (tons more details on that when we start the actual testing). I'll probably create a custom forum just for beta testers where we can discuss things and have bugs, suggestions and whatnot posted / tracked.

If you are wanting to be a tester pm me or reply to this email. I should be ready within a week or so to start testing on the load database system, the ballistics computation side is done graphical output is only done for SAE, I need to get the metric display working).

Anyway thats what I've been up to... incase anyone was wondering Smile

-DallanC

#2: Re: I'm still alive Author: 300WSMRichLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:45 am
    ----
Life Sucks sometimes! Mad

Be glad to help out with the program any way I can. Thanks for your hard work on it! Very Happy
Rich

#3: Re: I'm still alive Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:51 am
    ----
Dallan,

Sorry to hear about your A/C mess.

And I'd be up for trying to get the program to cause a error or 2 Laughing

Dimitri

#4: Re: I'm still alive Author: st_albert PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:00 pm
    ----
I would be willing to beta test also. I have win2K and XP boxes available.

Albert

#5: Re: I'm still alive Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm
    ----
st_albert,

Welcome to the forums! Howdy Hope you enjoy your stay. Very Happy

Dimitri

#6: Re: I'm still alive Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:54 am
    ----
Dallan, I'd be happy to help out.

#7: Re: I'm still alive Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:41 pm
    ----
Put me down to look for bugs. I love a good bug hunt! I have the data files loaded on the new computer and ready to send to you when your ready for them.

#8: Re: I'm still alive Author: GroovyJackLocation: Bama PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:04 am
    ----
Dont feel tooo pregnant , I aint been around neither ..

#9: Re: I'm still alive Author: Coyote_Hunter_Location: Franktown, CO PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:40 am
    ----
Dallan -I'd love to try the 2.0 as a beta tester.

#10: Re: I'm still alive Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:37 pm
    ----
Work is killing me... litterally. I havent had a spare minute to do anything in the past 10 days. I am so close to quitting and walking out the door its not even funny. I am sick of working my butt off on projects that are set to rediculous scheduals where I am left with zero time to do anything I like. I havent even shot a gun since last Oct!

I wish I could figure out how to start a company of my own, then I could at least have some say in whether or not to take on an impossible project.

Anyway I havent had time to do a single thing with PB since I posted this.

-DallanC

#11: Re: I'm still alive Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:08 pm
    ----
Dallan,

Check out this place: www.sba.gov/ut/

A Goverment of Utah link that talks about it based on the State not Federal Goverments help/support etc:

business.utah.gov/business/

Dont know how much help it would be to you though Smile

Dimitri

#12: Re: I'm still alive Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:15 am
    ----
G'Day Dallan. Hang in there mate. Better to have a job that is not the best, than have none at all.

Mate, over the years you have no doubt built up a pretty good network of contacts. Have a chat with some of them and put some feelers out. Just be a bit careful about how you do it to ensure that it doesn't get back to your current boss......he might think that you are being disloyal and show you the door. Its much better to "jump" than be "pushed".

Good luck mate, and do what you can to get some quality time with your family and a little "me" time as well. Will make life so much more pleasant.

Cheers, Vince

#13: Re: I'm still alive Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:39 am
    ----
Dallan...Retirement seems to have solved most of my problems. I no longer require anti-acid tablets, or not as many. I no longer have to put up with other peoples kids. I no longer have to put up with stupid bosses that haven't a clue (sorry dear, not you).

Unfortunately you don't look old enogh to retire yet. And I bet you have kids and a boss...Aah...Wife at home. My suggestion (and you have heard this before) find a new job before you leave this one. Choose it well. One other old adage..."All things pass"

#14: Re: I'm still alive Author: kbisLocation: East, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:43 am
    ----
Dallan

I have been exactly where you are now. I spent 21 years as an electro-mechanical designer, the first 18 were great, last 3 were a living hell. I was the supervisor of a CAD group until our division was dissolved and I was transfered to a small design group consisting of 3 gals and me. The gal in charge did not like men and her sexual prefernces were female, can you tell how I stood in the group. It got to the point where I would go home kick the dog and yell at the kids as I opened the door.
One day I went in and just quit, no job no nothing but it was like some took this weight off my shoulders and I could smile and have fun again. Things were not easy for awhile. I had done some maintenance work on the side with a friend of mine, so I landed a job at a retirement home doing maintenance work and haven't looked back since.
It is different when they tell you to go home because they will have to pay overtime as opposed to say why are going home now you have only been here 10 hours.
My wife even said that if I had not gotten out of there I would probably be dead now from all the stress.
Good luck to you in what ever you decide to do.

Ken

-> General