Is it worth a try ?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:53 am
    ----
4rum...I'm not nutzzz...They are...

Thanks Squirrelbait. I had forgottin' what the subject was...And I agree with you. 100%

#32: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 am
    ----
All we need now is a general store with a plank floor and a pot belly stove to sit around. I have a couple of sticks and a sharp pocket knife. Squirrel, there is a great store in Moultonboro.
Ed

#33: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:25 am
    ----
Swampfox: Ya, I know, we will never go back to he "olden days" and I understand the need for change BUT, you can add walls, move doors, add a deck, etc. to a well built house, BUT don't change the foundation. It becomes unstable.

#34: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: glockman55Location: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:01 am
    ----
squirrelbait wrote:
Swampfox: Ya, I know, we will never go back to he "olden days" and I understand the need for change BUT, you can add walls, move doors, add a deck, etc. to a well built house, BUT don't change the foundation. It becomes unstable.

Now That's Deep!

#35: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:14 am
    ----
Well put Squirrel, and fortunately, a well built foundation can withstand a lot.

#36: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:20 am
    ----
I agree with you squirrelbait, 100% . Smile

Tracker, you are right but we still must look after the foundation though. Laughing

#37: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:32 am
    ----
Only too true

#38: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
I was comenting about old codgers as noted previously, if the shoe fits, and the old men that I grew up listning to and seeing sitting at the local dry goods store in the winter, around a wood burning pot belly, talking about the general shape of things, weather, etc. This thread reminds me of those times. The mirror holds a portrait of one of those old gentlemen.

No doubt about the foundation.
Ed

#39: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: squirrelbaitLocation: Nottingham, NH PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:01 pm
    ----
Ah, Swampfox, you got it right. There are some visions that....well just make you smile. Sitting around the old pot belly jaw jackin is one of them.
My kids got the similar experience going to the barber with Dad once a month.
Sometimes I lose myself in subjects that really get to me.
thanks. I'll be checking out the Jones Brooks WMA this weekend. Maybe I'll check out Moultonboro, it is only another 20 minute up the road.

#40: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:31 pm
    ----
Wooden floor, a good wood burning stove, some sofa's, a few drinks all round. Sounds like a good store to go to. Cool

Dimitri

#41: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:05 pm
    ----
"some soda's"...?? What kinda store you go to? besides it wasn't any ol' store. It was a man's store...HARDWARE, FEED AND GRAIN!!! A potbelly stove in the back with chairs around it. Place smellin' like oiled leather, grain seed, hay and coffee beans. With a wooden pickle barrel and a long fork to get them 8 to 10 inch pickles out of that barrel.

#42: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:25 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
"some soda's"...?? What kinda store you go to? besides it wasn't any ol' store. It was a man's store...

Aaahhhh Bushy... Poke ... either your specticles are dirty or you need specticles. Embarassed He said "sofas" not "sodas". Embarassed ROFL ROFL ROFL Hiding

#43: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:28 pm
    ----
Sofa's Bushmaster so you can sit down. Laughing

If I did open up a store or my own bussince if any of you come by your welcome to stop by for some drinks and talking. Smile

Dimitri

#44: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:30 pm
    ----
Bushy! you're gonna have to squint harder!

#45: Re: Is it worth a try ? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:56 pm
    ----
@#$%^&*!!!!

-> General