Question/Poll
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> General

#31: Re: Question/Poll Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:52 pm
    ----
Well thank you gelandangan.......... I think.......... ? Confused Confused Shocked Very Happy Laughing

#32: Re: Question/Poll Author: SAHUNTERLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 pm
    ----
I'm 34, have three Winchester Super Grades and two custom built rifles on Winchester actions and Walther barrels, one baretta pistol. The have a soft spot for the Winchester actions! Smile

#33: Re: Question/Poll Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 am
    ----
Older'n most...68 next September...that's old enough to know better, but too young to resist. Very Happy I have 3 rifles and 2 pistols, mostly Rugers.

I'm now working part time to pay for my new digital camera, and some flavor of .22 autoloader. Choices are down to Ruger 10-22 and Marlin 60 SS. Any suggestions? Very Happy

Swampfox: Where are you located in Florida? I was raised just north of West Palm Beach, in a little town by the name of Jupiter, near the Martin County line. Cool

#34: Re: Question/Poll Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:33 pm
    ----
Sniper,
I live in Destin which is between Pensacola and Panama City in the panhandle. We are the conservitive part of Florida. We threw the monkey wrench into Mr. Gore's "Victory." Our voting places had not closed when they announced all polls closed and a close victory, so everybody went and got in line, voted for George W. Then the stupid SOBs at CNN told the world the election was stolen. Ha, ha, ha Yep, we stole it from the dumb sh*#s, that did not know FL has two time zones. I still laugh about that....

I degress, I grew up in a little town N of West Palm Beach, called Revera Beach, actually on Singer Island, just down #1 street from Jupiter. When I was a Boy Scout we would go camping at Jupiter. Damn you folks had a bad case of no-seeems. They would carry you off about sundown.
Ed

#35: Re: Question/Poll Author: Flint54Location: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:24 pm
    ----
Very Happy Well first answer is 51. For the second I have no idea as to the number mainly because if you just take the 4 contender frames and 22 various barrels along with 3 carbine setups and 14 carbine barrels the math will fry your brain!!!!!!!!!!! Then add others. My favorite is almost impossible but I would venture to say its my Great Grandfathers Savage 99 circa 1901 in .303 Savage. All original, 26" Hex Bbl, ivory bead front, factory installed tang, silver cressent butplate and original finish of @ 90+%. Very Happy

#36: Re: Question/Poll Author: sniperLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:50 pm
    ----
SwampFox wrote:
I grew up in a little town N of West Palm Beach, called Revera Beach, actually on Singer Island, just down #1 street from Jupiter. When I was a Boy Scout we would go camping at Jupiter. Damn you folks had a bad case of no-seeems. They would carry you off about sundown.
Ed

I know it well! We used to dive the Palm Beach Inlet till the day I had a personal encounter with a barracuda as big as I was. I found half of a shark on the ocean side of Singer Island one day. It was about 8 feet long.
We had a bumper crop of no see 'ems every year in Jupiter, and the blister bugs! GAAAAHH! That's why I didn't ever go back to Fla. to live.

#37: Re: Question/Poll Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:01 pm
    ----
Hey Sniper, I have a marlin Mod. 60 and it shoots really nice. My brother-in-law has a 10-22 with a bull barrel and I can out shoot him on the bench. I can take head shots on squirels out of the tops of hickory trees with it.
I shoot Fed. HP's. Sniper (thought it appropriate)

Last edited by d_hoffman on Thu May 03, 2007 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#38: Re: Question/Poll Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:22 pm
    ----
Bushy was 9yrs old when I was born.
If he reached puberty early, he could be my daddy. Very Happy Very Happy

Eric

Oh---I own lots of guns. Rifles, pistols and shotguns.
Ain't going to tell how many in case Sarah Brady is watching.

#39: Re: Question/Poll Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:45 pm
    ----
I have stated my age as mature, so will just add that I have handguns,rifles, shotguns, and other weapons! Smile

#40: Re: Question/Poll Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:02 pm
    ----
You and I are much alike Vint.
We are both mature and own lots of guns. Laughing Laughing

Eric Very Happy

#41: Re: Question/Poll Author: A17ShooterLocation: California Foothills (Gold Country) PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm
    ----
Rem 700s, Win Mod 70, Ruger 77 & 77 22 Hor, J. Stevens Armory Model 44 (favorite cause it's older that me ), Browning A Bolt 204, Mauser 98 22-250 with double set trigger, Rem XP-100 s, TC Contenders, S&W revolvers, Colt 1911. I like sub-caliber so there's a bunch of 17's and 204's. Oh, and a Wichita 308 pistola. Couple of double barrel shotguns, 12 and a 20.

I'm 62 years mature.

Sniper

#42: Re: Question/Poll Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:24 am
    ----
Eric, it is good to be able to identify with others to establish rapport and to note differences to keep things interesting!!! How did the trip go to see your mother? Was that a special mass for her?? Smile

#43: Re: Question/Poll Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:11 am
    ----
The Mass for Mom was great Vint.
Sometimes, she can be a little grumpy, but Mom was great the entire time.
I also am happy to see that she understands how important becoming a Catholic and taking Communion really is.
Thanks for asking Vint.

Eric

#44: Re: Question/Poll Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:23 am
    ----
I am glad it went well for you and your mom!! Having strong religious convictions myself I understand your concern! Smile

#45: Re: Question/Poll Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:59 am
    ----
Sniper,
The big thing about the 10/22 is all of the junk made for them and the situation where the barrel can be changed out with the removal of a screw. Just about everyone that shoots a 22 auto in competition uses the 10/22. I just sold a 10/22 stainless. I was going to make up a whiz bang out of it, but got disinterested. I have a stainless/carbon fiber, brand spanking new, 22lr bull barrel, still in the package, if some one needs one.

A couple of years ago I started thinning my guns out. One rainy weekend I made up an Excell data base for my guns, with photos. In the process, I started through my bench safe. It was like Christmas, I found four guns I had no recollection of owning or buying. So, after that experiance I decided that I had more guns than I would use. Time to thin the heard. So for the last couple years I have been selling or trading more guns than I buy.

Ed

-> General