Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 am
    ----
Numismatics (coin collecting)

I'm looking for someone on the west side of the 'ole Mississip to swap Presidential Dollar Rolls with. I will swap a roll of Philly Mint Presidential Dollars as they are released for a Denver Mint Roll from you. There will be four Presidents Dollars released in 2007 and Four per year after that. I'm looking for someone who collects the Presidentials to set up a regular swap with as the new editions are released. I have an extra roll of Washington Dollars to start off with and looking for even swap at face value ($25/roll) with each of us paying shipping. That is cheaper than the US Mint Price of $35.95/roll +S&H. EBay prices are too high already!
Let me know,
Chris

#2: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:14 am
    ----
I collect coins but probably wont get any of the coins your looking for in my change here sorry. Sad

I get a bunch of American coins up to the 25cent mark with a few 50 cents thrown in but never dollar coins. Smile

Dimitri

#3: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:45 am
    ----
Gidday Chris. Mate, I've never even seen a US dollar let alone get one. :lol:.

I do have a 1794 Dutch Guilder though......in good condition. Very Happy
Also quite a few aussie coins and a heap from SE Asia.

Cheers, Vince

#4: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:29 am
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
I collect coins but probably wont get any of the coins your looking for in my change here sorry. Sad

I get a bunch of American coins up to the 25cent mark with a few 50 cents thrown in but never dollar coins. Smile

Dimitri

You never know what you will find in your change. The Sacagawea Golden Dollars have been out a few years and the Presidential dollars are starting to hit the banks here so it's just a matter of time until you see one.
2007 Sacagewea Golden Dollars
2007 George Washington Presidential Dollar

#5: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:31 am
    ----
I was big into collecting coins back in the 80's. I got this from my dad who was even bigger into it (and had the money to buy some nice stuff). I love the old walking Libery Halves, Morgan Dollars etc etc. My single best coin is a 1916D Dime in fine condition. I have watched the new designs come out but I havent started collecting any of them.

-DallanC

#6: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:05 pm
    ----
Quote::
I was big into collecting coins back in the 80's. I got this from my dad who was even bigger into it (and had the money to buy some nice stuff). I love the old walking Libery Halves, Morgan Dollars etc etc. My single best coin is a 1916D Dime in fine condition. I have watched the new designs come out but I havent started collecting any of them.

I'm rather new a collecting myself other than throwing change in the big water bottle for years. The Presidentials are already showing a large profit on e-bay and it looks like a good series of coins to collect. If you decide to start again let me know. If you like Walking Liberty Halfs you might like the Silver Eagles with the same design
US Mint Silver Eagle Program

The Presidential series started in February and there will be a new Presidential coin released four times a year. John Adams Dollar is next due out on May 18th at all banks. I want to collect a roll from each mint on each president. I have an extra roll of George Washington dollars to start swapping with. Your bank should have the dollars when released for face value and that's $25.00 per roll. As I said above the Mint sells them for $36.95 plus shipping. Ole unksam getting us again. I need someone to swap with that is collecting them on the west side of the Mississippi where the Denver Mint coins are released to save a dollar or two, ($10 or so actually). I'm not looking to go into the dollar business, just want to swap rolls of Philly for Denver as they are released. I could make the same swap with someone for Sacagawea Golden Dollars too.

Anyone interested can PM me and we can swap info for shipping.

US Mint Info on Presidential Coin Program

#7: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:22 pm
    ----
Vince wrote:
Gidday Chris. Mate, I've never even seen a US dollar let alone get one. :lol:.

I do have a 1794 Dutch Guilder though......in good condition. Very Happy
Also quite a few aussie coins and a heap from SE Asia.

Cheers, Vince

Hold the phone, don't get me started on World Coins Vince. That's way out of my budget. Interesting reading on them though. There are just to many out there and my coin budget is stretched with US Coins.
Have a great day mate!

#8: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:54 pm
    ----
I collect coins.. then at the end of the week I use what I got to buy beer... Very Happy Cheers

Err.. hangon.. I'm shure this is not ya'll talkin about.. Embarassed

#9: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:02 pm
    ----
I've got some international coins I got from otehr people for free including a worthless Russian ruble coin. Laughing

Dimitri

#10: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:51 pm
    ----
Dimitri,
Your thinking like a spender and not a collector. Spend value might be zero but collector value is another thing all together. All the european coinage that was outdated by the Euro cant be spent but it still has collector value

#11: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:30 pm
    ----
I got some of that outdated Euro money in my collection. Smile

And Popgun, I don't collect to collect "value" I collect so that one day when I have kids and later grandkids I can show them how the coins of today were. Because by the time I have grandkids I see a cashless society. Shocked

Dimitri

#12: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:38 pm
    ----
Dimitri wrote:
Because by the time I have grandkids I see a cashless society. Shocked

Dimitri

No way! How will you buy something when the server is down. Very Happy

#13: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
My single best coin is a 1916D Dime in fine condition.
-DallanC

1916-D Mercury Dime
2007 Red Book Retail $2,500.00
March 2007 Graylist Monthly Supplement dealer to dealer asking price $2,225.00
Dealer would buy it from you for $1,100.00 (2007 Blue Book)

#14: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:55 pm
    ----
Popgun,

Your forgetting we are always promised that computers will always be "prefect" and will never be down, eventhough it hasnt happend and it wont happen you might get some wise guy wanting to save the money from printing and coining money that someone may do it. Wink

Dimitri

#15: Re: Any HuntingNuts also interested in Numismatics? Author: CrackshotLocation: Mich PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:48 am
    ----
I have a Butt load of Silver quarters and some wheat pennies, OH and a few (3) Standing Liberty quarters that I inherited from grandfather. I also have 6 gold krugerands for my kids locked up in our safty deposit box that I got on the internet from a gold dealer.

-> Spam-O-Rama