Perks of being over 60
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> Jokes & Humor

#31: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:56 pm
    ----
Vint2 glad you noticed... Very Happy

hmmm... no words just hmmmm at the males of this species.

Bushmaster and Tracker isnt there a western movie set someplace calling ya'll to get on your marks?
Razz Razz Razz Very Happy

#32: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:43 pm
    ----
Foot race? Fer what?

#33: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm
    ----
keetoowah wrote:
Bushmaster

Old enough for Tracker to be interestd, & young enough to keep him chasing Very Happy

keetoowah...is that like:

"Old enough to know better, but too young to resist"?? Very Happy Laughing Haha

Cheers, Vince

#34: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:14 am
    ----
Keetoowaqh, it is good you are glad!

#35: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: vint2Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:17 am
    ----
Sorry I misspelled yor name!!

#36: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
No Worries
I dont expect all people to spell the Tsalagi language correctly.

smiling at Vince's remark.
I could resist if I want a boring day.

Not reallly a foot race, just being me.
just let your minds wonder.

so any good recipes any of you would like to share?? Game preferably.

regards

#37: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:17 pm
    ----
If it was a foot race I would win.
He would disagree fully but I know I would win.
He might have the stretch with such long legs, but I have the lungs for the distance, and the sheer determination not to get caught just yet. Very Happy Very Happy

#38: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: SavageRugerLocation: S.E. PA PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:04 pm
    ----
Keetoowa:

Well thought and well said. It's not about the winning.

#39: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:00 pm
    ----
I've been tracked (stalked) by big cats on a couple of occasions. Not a pleasent feeling...

what do you do in this situation??

I was camping in Colorado years ago and went up the mountain by myself for a bit and coming back down I followed my tracks and there were good sized cat tracks on top of mine.
didnt smell a cat, didnt hear it either. made it back to camp and told the others and didnt leave the group till we left.

keetoowah

#40: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 pm
    ----
sorry that last inquiry was to Bushmaster didnt copy it right

#41: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm
    ----
keetoowah wrote:
I've been tracked (stalked) by big cats on a couple of occasions. Not a pleasent feeling...what do you do in this situation??
keetoowah

Well, I reckon that the "pucker factor" would come into play. Very Happy Very Happy Even if the cat got sorta close he wouldn't be able to get at me cause the ground would be far too slippery for him considering what woulda happened to me as a result of that "pucker factor". Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

But just on the off chance that he did get onto "clear" ground he wouldn't be able to see me for burnin' boot leather. Haha

Cheers, Vince

#42: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: keetoowahLocation: Deep in the mountains of Montana PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:16 pm
    ----
ROFL

#43: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 am
    ----
I have been going into the mountains all my life. Either on horse back or a foot. I NEVER go afield unarmed. And I NEVER drop my guard. In all fairness to the big cats and other wild life in the mountains I have never been bothered by them. Most of the attacks on my person have been by humans. It's still unnerving to find a cat on your trail though. I feel that the puma is one of the most beautiful cats on earth and to be respected for that and what it could do if it wishes.

#44: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: wncchester PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:25 am
    ----
Old enough for Tracker to be interestd, & young enough to keep him chasing :D[/quote]

HUH? I'm young enough to remember I"m supposed to chase women. Damned if I can rember why.

#45: Re: Perks of being over 60 Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
I have been going into the mountains all my life. Either on horse back or a foot. I NEVER go afield unarmed. And I NEVER drop my guard. In all fairness to the big cats and other wild life in the mountains I have never been bothered by them. Most of the attacks on my person have been by humans. It's still unnerving to find a cat on your trail though. I feel that the puma is one of the most beautiful cats on earth and to be respected for that and what it could do if it wishes.

I'm with you there Bushy. We don't have any critters over here in Aussie that could eat you if it wished, except for the salt water crocodile, so watching you back for an animal attack is not an issue. However, you are correct about other 'people', and I use that term loosely. For some reason some people just have to assault others for no real reason. We had a murder the other night about 3 km from where I live, and the only thing that caused it was a belly full of alcohol and a bad attitude. The guy that was killed stepped in to stop a drunk from assaulting his girlfriend.

You are right about the big cats....I love them. Always wanted a Bengal Tiger for a pet. They are without question the most majestic animals alive. I could never hunt one unless it was purely for self protection and even then I think that unless there was no other way I wouldn't, couldn't, kill one.

Cheers, Vince

-> Jokes & Humor