Winchester scuttlebutt
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: HandloaderLocation: Phoenix, Arizona PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:02 am
    ----
When USRAC closed the New Haven plant and stopped production of the Models 70 and 94, speculation began about why the closing took place and whether those historic models would be produced again. This picture has remained vague for awhile, but, some information is leaking out that is heartening.

Rumors: The union contract kept the Winchester employees paid at a much higher dollar per hour level than competition. That contract expires sometime this year. Once expired, it gives USRAC options for locating a new production facility.

Speculation has targeted either Japan or Belgium as a possible site for the production of these models, however, smart money is betting on the good ole USA with labor costs being reduced to the point of making these new models more price and quality competitive. Where would be a good place for this new factory?

Distribution, taxation and labor availability would favor the MidWest in the opinion of some and Browning/Winchester already produces some firearms in that region. CZ is headquartered in that region as well. Possible location? Missouri.

Keeping fingers crossed, I'm anxious to see how this all develops.

#2: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:14 am
    ----
Handloader wrote:
Possible location? Missouri.

Hey Bushy.......now here's an opening for ya if ever I saw one mate. A dedicated enthusiast manufacturing the greatest lever gun ever made....AWESOME.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:44 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
Handloader wrote:
Possible location? Missouri.

Hey Bushy.......now here's an opening for ya if ever I saw one mate. A dedicated enthusiast manufacturing the 2nd greatest lever gun ever made....AWESOME.

Cheers, Vince
Sorry Vince but I had to correct your error.............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hiding

#4: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: d_hoffmanLocation: Chillicothe, Ohio PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
Hey 1895, 2nd greatest? ...So who's the greatest... Henry? Poke ROFL Sorry just had to...

#5: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am
    ----
Damned Marlin@#$%people and their^&*ideas anyway...WINCHESTER and no other...Henry? Henry who?

#6: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:37 pm
    ----
d_hoffman wrote:
Hey 1895, 2nd greatest? ...So who's the greatest... Henry? Poke ROFL Sorry just had to...

No ........ but it sure is fun to get a horseman from Missouri riled up........ Laughing Laughing Laughing ROFL ROFL ROFL

#7: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:48 pm
    ----
Hey Bushy,
Show me a better firearm than the 45/70 Guide Gun.
I love my .348 Model 71, and my Model 70's, but I'll take my 1895G any day.

Eric Very Happy Very Happy

#8: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:33 pm
    ----
Plus they are more accurate...... then a WW Smile

#9: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 pm
    ----
Less than a 1" group using 3031 powder 1895.

Eric

#10: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: hunterjoe21Location: Miles City, Montana PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:30 pm
    ----
At the end of USRAC as it was known, products were suspect at best. While I've never been a Winchester fan, I've always maintained some respect for the name. I know that there are many here, and I have many acquaintances who LOVE Winchester guns and who yearn for a return to the quality of old. I hope that IF production is resumed it is only with the utmost respect and attention to detail that is deserved by these fine firearms and the Winchester name.

#11: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm
    ----
ElyBoy wrote:
Less than a 1" group using 3031 powder 1895.

Eric

Same here with my 22"bbl model 1895ss and I use IMR3031 as well.

#12: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:24 am
    ----
Hey Bushy,

We've had to put up with all those whiney Marlin shooters before, let them rattle on about all the targets they've killed, You and me will just keep killing deer and elk with our Winchesters. Very Happy

#13: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: ElyBoyLocation: Forest Lake Minnesota PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:33 am
    ----
MmmmMmmmm
That venison that we had last night sure tasted good.
Had to cut around the old 45/70 hole though. Razz

Eric Very Happy

#14: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: SwampFoxLocation: Destin, Florida PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 am
    ----
Winchester 94 with safety and warning, why? What in the world would make a grown person buy one? Never owned one, never intend to own one. It is like the 20ga for a kid, it kicks like the devil and is a real dumb thing to buy for a kid or yourself.
Ed

#15: Re: Winchester scuttlebutt Author: trackerLocation: Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 am
    ----
I had a 20 gauge for awhile when I was a kid. Shot a bunch of ducks and geese with it; they were yummy. Used it from when I was about 12 to when I was 16. Gave it to my brother's brother-in-law when I left home because I was moving to Vancouver.

-> General